It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolts against the TSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In one shocking incident, TSA goons pulled down woman’s blouse, exposing her breasts, and laughed about it
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The TSA has been hit with a number of lawsuits as the revolt against Big Sis, naked body scanners, and invasive groping measures explodes, with one case involving a woman who had her blouse pulled down in full public view by TSA goons who then proceeded to laugh and joke about her exposed breasts.

Nationwide outrage against the TSA is not only bringing to light new cases of airport abuse, it’s throwing fresh attention on previous incidents that have been going on for years.
One of the most disturbing, which is subject to an ongoing lawsuit, involved a 21-year-old college student from Amarillo Texas. The woman was passing through security at Corpus Christi airport on May 29 2008 when she was subjected to “extended search procedures” by the TSA.
“As the TSA agent was frisking plaintiff, the agent pulled the plaintiff’s blouse completely down, exposing plaintiffs’ breasts to everyone in the area,” the lawsuit said. “As would be expected, plaintiff was extremely embarrassed and humiliated.”
TSA workers continued to laugh and joke about the incident “for an extended period of time,” leaving the woman distraught and needing to be consoled. After the woman re-entered the boarding area, TSA workers continued to humiliate her over the incident.
“One male TSA employee expressed to the plaintiff that he wished he would have been there when she came through the first time and that ‘he would just have to watch the video,’” the suit said.
The woman filed an administrative claim against the TSA but was forced to launch a full lawsuit after the agency failed to respond.
The incident bears similarities to a 2002 case involving a pregnant woman who had her breasts exposed by TSA agents in public. Her husband was thrown in the airport jail for complaining about the treatment of his wife.

Another lawsuit against the TSA involves Ron Corbett, a businessman and frequent traveler who is so infuriated by the plethora of cases where TSA workers have sexually groped passengers, squeezing breasts and genitals, that he has filed a lawsuit in federal court in Miami requesting an injunction against the TSA to prevent them from touching private areas without reasonable suspicion.
Corbett writes about his lawsuit on a blog entitled TSA Out Of Our Pants.
“Having grown up in New York and personally seeing the smoke rise from the towers that morning in 2001, I know the threat of terrorism is real, and I know we must defend ourselves. This does not mean that the Constitution should be ignored, and indeed, the TSA has plenty of alternative screening procedures that are less invasive. Besides the privacy issue, there have been health issues raised as to the radiation produced by the imaging devices, as well as efficacy issues, with no good studies having been done to show that this imagery makes us any safer,” writes Corbett.
Yet another lawsuit involves The Rutherford Institute, which is suing the feds on behalf of two pilots over the use of full body scanners.
“Those pilots recently refused to go through a controversial whole body imaging scanner, and also refused the alternative, the TSA’s new, more invasive pat downs,” reports CBS 6.
The lawsuit, which personally names both TSA chief John Pistole and DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano, argues that the scanners violate the Constitution’s protection against unreasonable searches and seizures under the 4th Amendment.
The TSA could also be hit with a fourth lawsuit if they pursue an $11,000 claim against John Tyner, otherwise known as “don’t touch my junk guy”. Speaking on The Alex Jones Show yesterday, Tyner insisted he would file a counter lawsuit if the TSA continued to pursue him over his refusal to submit to an airport groping.
Another victim, radio host Owen JJ Stone, who had a TSA agent put his hand inside his pants and touch his backside and genitalia, has not indicated he will pursue charges, but has vowed instead to use his treatment as an example of why the TSA needs to be stopped in its tracks or abolished altogether.
Pistole faces another grilling from lawmakers today on Capitol Hill at a Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

source: www.prisonplanet.com...

And the voices of the American People are starting to be heard!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I would like to hear from a local LEO about this. Say they pulled down my wifes blouse, exposing, and embarressing her? Could that be considered sexual battery? If that happened to my wife I believe I would have called 911 for a local LEO to come. Just curious if there are any board member LEOS that could speak to the validity of my questions.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

That's funny. You think the King's Tax collectors care? LEO's stopped training "serve and protect" a long time ago. Now all you get from them is fatten the city coffers...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I don't know, obviously. But I would like to believe local LEOs would be sympahetic in that situation. Thats why I was hoping to hear from one about it. If a local cop did that they would most surely lose there job. Maybe my outlook is just too rosy in this situation.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well first, groping is defined as follows :

Groping, when used in a sexual context, is touching or fondling another person in a sexual way. Areas of the body most frequently groped include the buttocks, breasts and thighs. Touching a consenting person's body during sexual activity, massage or medical examination is not considered groping. However, fondling a person while in the view of others is generally considered groping, such as a dance partner fondling a partner's buttocks while dancing or for a person to feel a partner's thigh while sitting close.
However, in some parts of the world it is common for an unaccompanied female to be groped in a busy street or other crowded place, such as a market or train. In some countries it is common for a woman's buttocks to be pinched or slapped in a crowded area. In many countries, unwelcome groping or touching of any part of a worker's body in the work place can constitute sexual harassment.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

For all intents and purposes, by touching your wife and exposing anything of her body, would be deemed Sexual harassment. Now, when you cross reference groping to sexual harassment, in many cases, the person researching will be directed to the Sexual assault:

Sexual assault is an assault of a sexual nature on another person. Although sexual assaults most frequently are by a man on a woman, it may be by a man on a man, woman on a man or woman on a woman,[1] adult on a child, child on an adult or child on a child.
While sexual assaults are associated with the crime of rape, it may cover assaults which would not be considered rape.[2] What constitutes a sexual assault is determined by the laws of the jurisdiction where the assault takes place, which vary considerably, and are influenced by local social and cultural attitudes.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

That being said, there is a high possibility, ( keeping in mind Im no lawyer nor a judge ) I would say a person in this scenario you presented would have a massive law suit on there hands. Not to mention, to add on top of the sexual harassment/assault charges, one could possibly site the 4th Amendment right. Now the 4th Amendment right defined:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

source: www.usconstitution.net...

Take notice to the sentence...the right to be secure in their PERSONS, house, papers and EFFECTS, against illegal searches and seizures.

I would say that the TSA are going to have their hands full of ticked off people and law suits up the wazoo!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I personally know of at least 3 incidents at NYC area airports where TSA screeners were arrested by Port Authority of NY & NJ Police or the Town of Islip's Long Island MacArthur Airport Police. IIRC 2 of those arrests were for stealing from passengers, and the other was for assaulting a passenger.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

The reason I said sexual battery was: In a major metro close to me, a man was charged with sexual battery for grabbing a waitress'es butt. To get the TSA changed its most likely going to have to be lawsuits, and/or pressing charges with local LEO.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

And we are seeing the tides turn even now as we speak....TSA is getting hammered the past couple of days!
Gotta love it!

new topics

top topics

join