It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to mainstream music artists\bands ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Artists should be and mostly are susceptible to subtle ideas flowing around, drawing inspiration from the state of society, collective "mind" of humanity at any given time; they shape them through their subjective mind mechanisms into messages that "ring" with similarly minded people.

So if they choose to react to disasters, the "negativity" in the world, it very likely "resonates" with like-minded "conspiracy" and "doom" oriented persons.

Some do play aristocratic "secret" games, even the openly visible ones like joining Scientology and similar "exclusive" cultic "clubs", but most just react to the flair of the time and and express their subconscious ideas about it. But that doesn't mean there is nothing more to explore about some of those meanings - if we label something "drawing inspiration from subconscious motives" we didn't explain much about it, merely put a convenient label on a mental mechanism which is by far not explained completely and is far from innocent or uninteresting, even if we were to talk about Lady GaGa's (...money machine product kind of "artist") lyrics...

edit on 27-12-2010 by MrVortex because: spelling, what else

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Video killed the radio star. Not just words to a song.
You were intrigued by the music, you wondered who ARE these people who sing to you? Who seemingly know your very thoughts? You would pay to go see them in person just to get a glance at their countenance.
Just for giggles, what recent song touches your soul or heart?

Thanks for posting, agreed with you today's musicians work more on their flashy videos but not on actual song, but some artists seems to relate to our innermost beliefs more and that's why we visit their concerts, and music can never be about money, it is an art of expressing one selves views about how he perceives reality, it can not always be on romance and relationships, and i am glad that more artists are coming forward to spread the message of truth, It might be due to the path of evolution the humanity is now but it is good that they are coming forward.
Even with all of the profanities that kanye west uses in his song Runaway and Power they still touches my heart a little bit, only if you can decipher the meaning behind his words.

edit on 27/12/10 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVortex
Artists should be and mostly are susceptible to subtle ideas flowing around, drawing inspiration from the state of society, collective "mind" of humanity at any given time; they shape them through their subjective mind mechanisms into messages that "ring" with similarly minded people.

Thanks for posting, agreed with everything you have said, some artists indeed come up with all those ideas after careful interpretation of themselves and the world around them and that's why they resonate with us but some of them have their real identities hijacked by the same people who want to poison the society.

Most of those artists try to spread negativity in the society by filling their videos with sexuality and materialism, but in actuality they do not want to do that so some times they just break down like Britney spears. But we can help them by not supporting their music.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The people in control want music that will make the population dumbed down. Music is just one of their methods.

Where is the good Music?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Musicians are artists. Sometimes they like to look under the surface and find something interesting, something new. It's difficult being original these days. It almost seems like everything has been done before. If you can either express your new-found "knowledge" or belief through a song (or painting), you do it. Sometimes the more confused your audience is, the better it is for you. People love a mystery!

There's also to consider the fact that as we grow older, we gain a new perspective on life. The bands that stay together keep growing and evolving. At the age of 18 maybe all they had to sing about is partying, love, or hate. When they're in their 30's and 40's their lyrics may be filled with a little more substance. It's a time in one's life when politics may start playing a big role, when we start paying attention to the news a little more. Lyrics and artwork will reflect that eventually. This isn't the case with all artists, but it is the case with many. Just an observation.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Musicians are artists. Sometimes they like to look under the surface and find something interesting, something new. It's difficult being original these days. It almost seems like everything has been done before. If you can either express your new-found "knowledge" or belief through a song (or painting), you do it. Sometimes the more confused your audience is, the better it is for you. People love a mystery!

There's also to consider the fact that as we grow older, we gain a new perspective on life. The bands that stay together keep growing and evolving. At the age of 18 maybe all they had to sing about is partying, love, or hate. When they're in their 30's and 40's their lyrics may be filled with a little more substance. It's a time in one's life when politics may start playing a big role, when we start paying attention to the news a little more. Lyrics and artwork will reflect that eventually. This isn't the case with all artists, but it is the case with many. Just an observation.

I don't see music on mtv barley any more. When I do, all I see is bubblegumb pop music. Nothing like the 90's
How about some real music like the 60's. They don't want a revolution.

edit on 27-12-2010 by Terms777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Terms777

Well, I guess you have to consider who runs the station these days, and who was running it in the 90's. MTV is in it for the money just like every other station. What sells? Who buys it? Why? Most people want feel-good music, and most teenagers aren't paying attention to politics. It's not like it was in the 60's when the country was in the middle of a major war. I bet back then you couldn't walk ten steps before you heard somebody talking about it. When you turn on your TV does it give you any indication that we are in crisis..... unless you turn to FOX or CNN? I don't think so. It's very complicated. There are a lot of different agendas criss-crossing here. Right now the public isn't demanding artists bound on a revolutionary path, but that might change in a few years when the entire country becomes conscious of whatever it is we think we are conscious of. Many popular artists are a reflection of what people want, or what the industry thinks the people want. Sell, sell, sell.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone would be interested, but my friends and I have been making music together for about four years now, and I can't speak for all of us, but it would have to be the most therapeutic form of honest expression for me.
We recently traveled from Dallas to Raleigh, North Carolina to record a cd with one of our favorite producers and recording studio....

Just throwing this out here so at least someone knows that not all the music around now is of the negative spectrum or doom and gloom scenarios

anyone with time please check out our song "Superhuman"

www.myspace.com/whitearmsofathena

People are trying!!!

Josh

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EverythinIrie

Song Evince:
Bring this forward to the world, I feel as if I must. How are we supposed to ever love, if in our selves we do not trust?
This trust I'm speaking of, it comes from within, so that is where we must begin...

Song Ascend
What is this we are living inside?
I think I've gone too far when I ask this; I must crawl back; I must hide.

whitearmsofathena.bandcamp.com...

Thanks for posting, you guys are simply great, I loved your music, the lyrics are very original and are coming from your hearts, i believe that's where we will ever find some truth. You guys need to get more into mainstream, i know that requires a lot of money, and many people in the industry wont let you reach there, but where there is a will there is a way.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by Terms777

Right now the public isn't demanding artists bound on a revolutionary path, but that might change in a few years when the entire country becomes conscious of whatever it is we think we are conscious of. Many popular artists are a reflection of what people want, or what the industry thinks the people want. Sell, sell, sell.

Public will demand that kind of truth music sooner or later, because people all around us whether they admit or not are feeling the vibrations of change and they would want that change to reflect around them, and so all of those people who are just making music for getting richer will have to forcefully shut their business, because people will no longer support them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Thank you very much for your kind words! Very very much! And we are trying to show as many people as will listen, so that they may make the choice to hear it or not! And you helped show what I was thinking atcually applies some where, so again, I thank you very much.

We have plans for the future, and for us, quite big plans!

We just picked up this baby after our bass player and I got in separate wrecks a day apart! And both our cars were totalled!

Thank you again! Talk to you soon!

Josh

edit on 28-12-2010 by EverythinIrie because: Multiple same words

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join