It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is nibiru/planet x/nemesis?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hey this is my first post of what I'm sure will be many (no doomsday predictions, I promise), and I brought with me a little taster from BBC News website this evening:

It's no Nibiru but is at least the discovery of a new planet in our solar system. It's way out on the edge but it's now (unofficially) part of the family. Its food for thought even if it is 2,000 light years away.

"There's every reason to believe that planets are really quite widespread throughout the Universe, not just in our own galaxy, the Milky Way, but also in the thousands of millions of others there are," he said, "but this is the first time we've got hard evidence of that."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Here's the full text;

Astronomers claim to have discovered the first planet originating from outside our galaxy. The Jupiter-like planet, they say, is part of a solar system which once belonged to a dwarf galaxy. This dwarf galaxy was in turn devoured by our own galaxy, the Milky Way, according to a team writing in the academic journal Science. The star, called HIP 13044, is nearing the end of its life and is 2000 light years from Earth. The discovery was made using a telescope in Chile. Cosmic cannibalism Planet hunters have so far netted nearly 500 so-called "exoplanets" outside our Solar System using various astronomical techniques. But all of those so far discovered, say the researchers, are indigenous to our own galaxy, the Milky Way. This find is different, they say, because the planet circles a sun which belongs to a group of stars called the "Helmi stream" which are known to have once belonged to a separate dwarf galaxy. This galaxy was gobbled up by the Milky Way between six and nine billion years ago in an act of intergalactic cannibalism. The new planet is thought to have a minimum mass 1.25 times that of Jupiter and circles in close proximity to its parent star, with an orbit lasting just 16.2 days. The exoplanet was detected by a European team of astronomers using the MPG/ESO 2.2-meter telescope at ESO's La Silla Observatory in Chile The exoplanet was detected by a team using the MPG/ESO 2.2-m telescope in Chile It sits in the southern constellation of Fornax. The planet would have been formed in the early era of its solar system, before the world was incorporated into our own galaxy, say the researchers. "This discovery is very exciting," said Rainer Klement of the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg, Germany, who targetted the stars in the study. "For the first time, astronomers have detected a planetary system in a stellar stream of extragalactic origin. This cosmic merger has brought an extragalactic planet within our reach." Dr Robert Massey of the UK's Royal Astronomical Society said the paper provided the first "hard evidence" of a planet of extragalactic origin. "There's every reason to believe that planets are really quite widespread throughout the Universe, not just in our own galaxy, the Milky Way, but also in the thousands of millions of others there are," he said, "but this is the first time we've got hard evidence of that." End Days The new find might also offer us a glimpse of what the final days of our own Solar System may look like. HIP 13044 is nearing its end. Having consumed all the hydrogen fuel in its core, it expanded massively into a "red giant" and might have eaten up smaller rocky planets like our own Earth in the process, before contracting. The new Jupiter-like planet discovered appears to have survived the fireball, for the moment. "This discovery is particularly intriguing when we consider the distant future of our own planetary system, as the Sun is also expected to become a red giant in about five billion years," said Dr Johny Setiawan, who also works at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy, and who led the study. "The star is rotating relatively quickly," he said. "One explanation is that HIP 13044 swallowed its inner planets during the red giant phase, which would make the star spin more quickly." The new planet was discovered using what is called the "radial velocity method" which involves detecting small wobbles in a star caused by a planet as it tugs on its sun. These wobbles were picked up using a ground-based telescope at the European Southern Observatory's La Silla facility in Chile.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by rajaten

What are the "signs" we are to look for?

A sun that is more electrically active due to electromagnatisim from another starlike body with its own electromagnetic field comming incontact with the suns electromagnetic field. Then the sun begins to effect all the local planets in which its field manages. Causing changes upon the local planets...

edit on 11/18/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Nassim Haramein says Nibiru has already come and gone. Check out this video...

vodpod.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If you look at ancient text, There are many clues that point to a 12 planet that does not follow the same path as the rest. moving in an ellipticle orbit. It also suggest's That this orbit is ever changing as the sun loses it's hold on it.

Here is some food for thought for those interested. And i am not here to argue if this is true or not. I am just throwing out some prudent information for those that care about this. here is an example..

www.darkstar1.co.uk...

There are many people that do not believe and that is o.k. But i would say to them, If you prepare for an event as such and it happens, Then That is a plus for you. If you dont prepare and this happens, Then you would have wished you did because it will be to late.

So by preparing for it either way you are safe. Not preparing for it and you leave it to chance and your odd's of survival are 50/50. So isnt it better to be 100 percent just incase?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the cynical side of me says it's all a money making scam that sells books and dvds.
the enigmatic side of me say's that as a civilisation we are slow at piecing the puzzle together left by antiquity.

if an early civilisation reached a level of technology that was able to accurately calculate time and space but was all but wiped out how could that information be passed on from generation to generation with such accuracy - i think we have some of the centre pieces of the jigsaw we just need a corner piece to make sense of it all

as for my thoughts on an incoming star/plantary system I'm afraid I sit in the skepticism camp.

i'm not ignoring what's going on around us, the planet is changing but I think that's something that has happened for millennia and is regular as clockwork.
edit on 18-11-2010 by digitalf because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What about this:

"Those familiar with either the writings of Zecharia Sitchin or the current internet rantings about “the return of Planet X” are likely familiar with the word “nibiru”. According to self-proclaimed ancient languages scholar Zecharia Sitchin, the Sumerians knew of an extra planet beyond Pluto. This extra planet was called Nibiru. Sitchin goes on to claim that Nibiru passes through our solar system every 3600 years. Some believers in Sitchin’s theory also refer to Nibiru as “Planet X”, the name given to a planet that is allegedly located within our solar system but beyond Pluto. Adherents to the “returning Planet X hypothesis” believe the return of this wandering planet will bring cataclysmic consequences to earth.

Is Sitchin correct – Is Nibiru a 12th planet that passes through our solar system every 3600 years? Did the Sumerians know this? Unfortunately for Sitchin and his followers, the answer to each of these questions is no. But how do I know? The cuneiform record in such texts as the one on the left, the astronomical text known as MUL.APIN (The "Plough Star").

Readers can click here for a summary paper I wrote on the word nibiru in cuneiform texts. What follows draws from that paper and, in the case of the video, demonstrates the accuracy of my contention that there isn't a single text in the entire cuneiform record that:

Has nibiru as a planet beyond Pluto
Connects nibiru with the Anunnaki
Has nibiru cycling through our solar system every 3600 years
Searching for Nibiru in Cuneiform Texts

Here is a video that I created showing you where to find the leading dictionary of cuneiform words online (for free). Viewers can find that source and do what I do in the rest of the video: look up the entry for nibiru (spelled neberu in scholarly transliteration) and check to see if any of the above ideas are found in any Akkadian or Sumerian texts that mention nibiru. Spoiler: there aren't any -- but don't take my word for it. Look it up yourself."

source:
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

And you should watch this video too:

www.sitchiniswrong.com...
edit on 18-11-2010 by codrutoctavian because: added some info

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by firesnake

"It's no Nibiru but is at least the discovery of a new planet in our solar system. "

How in the world are you posting this is part of our solar system?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Now I may not know - let alone believe - that such an object will 'inevitably' transit through our cosmic neighbourhood, but you have to admit that there are signs that such an event may well have taken place in the past.

Take 'Rift Valley' on the Planet Mars for example -

Now I may well be 'chattin' chuff' but if that's not a collision scar then I don't know what is.

Another example would be the dark side of the moon -

One word....peppered.

Yet another example would be the asteroid belt. If our solar system was truly bound by Kepler's Law then you'd expect that a planet may well have existed in it's place. But how long ago? That's anyone's guess. We may *think* we possess the technology and knowhow to make such an assertion, but the universal truth is that it would simply be an 'educated' guess. By 'educated' I mean a conclusion based on what we as a species have managed to understand concerning our very existence here in this universe.......which to be quite honest, is a mere 'fart in the wind'.

Peace.
edit on 18-11-2010 by RemusUK because: beer.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RemusUK

Now I may well be 'chattin' chuff' but if that's not a collision scar then I don't know what is.

Hate to burst the illusion, but that is most likely NOT a collision scar. And certainly (since there is no "niburu") not from any sort of collision with that imaginary "planet" either. Our Solar System has been stable for over 4 Billion years, no interlopers swooping in, with all that gravity and disrupting things....

On Mars, you are looking at Valles Marineras, the largest canyon yet observed on any body in the Solar System.

IT has aspects similar to rift valleys that have been studied on Earth, so the mechanisms that dictate its formation are well understood, and can be surmised from terrestrial examples.

.....first the surface collapsed into a few deep depressions that later became filled with layered material, perhaps as lake deposits. Then graben-forming faults cut across some of the older troughs thus widening existing troughs, breaching barriers between troughs, and forming additional ones. At that time the interior deposits were locally bent and tilted, and perhaps water, if still present, spilled out and flowed toward the outflow channels. Huge landslides fell into the voids created by the new grabens. Wind-drifted material, mostly dark in color, apparently still moves along the canyon floor and locally forms conspicuous dunes.

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

More and more evidence certainly will point to large amounts of liquid water on the surface at one time in far distant past. Still, direct on-site observations will be needed to be getting better and better pictures of ancient events.

Again, absent actually being there to see first-hand, method of formation can remain in dispute. Here's another possibility:

Researchers believe that Valles Marineris is a large tectonic crack that grew as the planet cooled after its formation. It looks like Mars has never had plate tectonics like Earth, and so the internal heat in the planet had to find some way to escape out into space. There are some regions of the canyon that appear to have been formed through erosion by water or carbon dioxide, but this couldn’t create the whole feature like we have on Earth.

We have similar features on Earth; perhaps the closest equivalent is the East African Rift Valley, which is formed as part of the Earth‘s plate tectonics.

Without plate tectonics, volcanic hot spots were able to stay in the same location for billions of years. This is how Olympus Mons was able to form and become so large.

www.universetoday.com...

Like everything in Nature, there probably isn't one single (simple) description, but a combination of many factors, maybe ALL of them at some point, in some places, as outlined by these (and other) scientists.

Another example would be the dark side of the moon -

You probably mean the farside. Because, the entire surface of the Moon encounters "darkness" in its "day/night" cycle of 14 Earth days each, for 28 days total to complete one revolution (approximately). But, "earthshine" on the side facing us would be significant, even in the midst of a Lunar "night"...whenever the Earth is lit up, and presenting its dayside to the Moon....other words, the Moon is between the Sun and Earth. ("New Moon", from our point of view).

The difference in apparent number of impact craters, on the two hemispheres? Not necessarily because the farside faces away from Earth....equal chance of collisions on all sides, regardless.

But, nearside has had substantial (very ancient) molten lava flows, creating the "maria", and erasing signs of many previous craters....those lava flows don't exist on the farside.

edit on 18 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
check this out...wikisky didn't block out the anomaly in the Virgo constellation as well as they have been

server2.sky-map.org...

now zoomed in

server2.sky-map.org...

an object with others orbiting....only seen in infared
edit on 18-11-2010 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

i cant see anything in those pictures

just black...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
sumarians.... Planet X......

I have watched numerous stuff on it and read a few books about " the dark destroyer ".......

But the one thing i don't get is this, if this was coming whithin our solar system and effecting planets, causing wobbles, earthquakes, solar flares..... whatever...... if this thing has such a mass it can cause these things to happen, then why doesn't it effect us?

better explain eh?

Our moon's gravitational pull effects all the sea's on earth, causing tides etc..... it must also effects us being 94% (odd) water......( is that where the words lunatic and lunacy come from? )

so if a planet with such a mass to cause earthquakes etc already without being visable, was effecting the earth.... why isn't it effecting us?

Just a question...... prob with no answer.....

The search continues....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Niburu is not a planet anymore.

It is actualy now a starship from the galactic federation.

It remains stationary behind Jupiter right now.

www.nibiruancouncil.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by firesnake

Hi Firesnake, the planet is not listed in our solar system, it's reported as the first planet identified that out some point was in a galaxy other than the milky way (along with its star of course).

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RemusUK

Notice the 3 circular marks in front of the rift valley, some what geometric in location???
2nd

Kolbrin bible link. Enjoy!!

kolbrin.com...

Millennia ago, Egyptian and Celtic authors recorded prophetic warnings for the future and their harbinger signs are now converging on 2012. These predications are contained in The Kolbrin Bible, a secular wisdom text studied in the days of Jesus and lovingly preserved by generations of Celtic mystics in Great Britain.

Nearly as big as the King James Bible, this 3600-year old text warns of an imminent, Armageddon-like conflict with radical Islam, but this is not the greatest threat.

The authors of The Kolbrin Bible predict an end to life as we know it, by a celestial event. It will be the return of a massive space object, in a long elliptical orbit around our sun. Known to the Egyptians and Hebrews as the "Destroyer," the Celts later called it the “Frightener."

Manuscripts 3:4 When blood drops upon the Earth, the Destroyer will appear, and mountains will open up and belch forth fire and ashes. Trees will be destroyed and all living things engulfed. Waters will be swallowed up by the land, and seas will boil.

Manuscripts 3:5 The Heavens will burn brightly and redly; there will be a copper hue over the face of the land, ‘followed by a day of darkness. A new moon will appear and break up and fall.

Manuscripts 3:6 The people will scatter in madness. They will hear the trumpet and battlecry of the Destroyer and will seek refuge within dens in the Earth. Terror will eat away their hearts, and their courage will flow from them like water from a broken pitcher. They will be eaten u in the flames of wrath and consumed by the breath of the Destroyer.

Manuscripts 3:10 In those days, men will have the Great Book before them; wisdom will be revealed; the few will be gathered for the stand; it is the hour of trial. The dauntless ones will survive; the stouthearted will not go down to destruction.

The Destroyer is also known today as Wormwood, Nibiru, Planet X and Nemesis. There are also troubling prophetic correlations to the future predictions of Mother Shipton's "Fiery Dragon" and the "Red Comet" warning of the Mayan Calendar 2012. While these future predictions are uncertain at best, is it possible for us to know about the Destroyer's previous flybys with a great degree of certainty.

edit on 11/19/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OK... I wasn't going to join in the discussion, but I think some of you might find this interesting....

I have mixed feelings about the whole Planet X thing, but it seems that there might be something to it...

I read through most of the post and saw some don't believe that there’s any evidence of Planet X out there.

First off… NASA did report: “The observation of the region of the sky in which it is believed Planet X should now be, based on perturbations observed in the motions of Uranus and Neptune” (Italics added)

Link

So… They DID observe perturbations and also “believed Planet X should now be”

NASA retracted that statement and fell silence. Are they hiding the truth to stop people from panicking?

It also states that : “requires observations from a southern station”,,, maybe that’s why the worlds largest telescope is in Antarctica???

Link

Also if you have a low light object approaching from behind the sun, it is nearly impossible to see it until it passes the sun’s glare and by then, every one will be able to see it, but by then it’s too late.
“The space rock approached Earth in the glare of the Sun, a blind spot that made it impossible to see during the day or night from any terrestrial vantage point. The event illustrates the potential of a surprise hit by an asteroid, astronomers said”.

Link

That might be why Monsanto is storing up grain (to use after planet X passed??)

Link

Sorry I kinda got carried away…I’ll stop now

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WireFoXX
2008 Planet X Research. The Japanese believe to have found it, and to be honest... because NASA hasn't mentioned it doesn't tell me anything. They won't even acknowledge ET life at all despite all the evidence going the other way.
edit on 18-11-2010 by WireFoXX because: (no reason given)

The Japanese think they have calculations to show another planet-sized object exists whose entire orbit lies beyond the beyond the orbits of Neptune and Pluto, but they haven't physically found it...
...and even if they did, it may be "Planet X" (i.e., another planet) but it would NOT be Nibiru. It would just be another planet -- one whose orbit keeps it FAR from Earth.

This article says they hope this planet that "should" be there gets discovered within a decade:
Japanese scientists look to uncover “Planet X”

By the way, Mike Brown of the California Institute of Technology (Cal Tech) already found what would have been the tenth planet if Pluto was still considered a planet. Brown discovered "Eris"in 2005, which is an object beyond Pluto that is even larger than Pluto and even has its own moon.

Eris - Wikipedia

Eris was set to become the Tenth Planet until the definition of planet was changed in 2006 (a change brought about, ironically, because of the discovery of Eris)

...and one more thing:
What exactly do you want NASA to say about the Japanese calculations? Do you want them to put out their own press release (even though the research is not their own) "stealing" the spotlight from the Japanese, who did all the research? By the way, the principal investigator for the Japanese team who made these calculations (Tadashi Mukai) also works occasionally as a NASA consultant on joint NASA-JAXA projects.

edit on 11/19/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Doesn't your post constitute advertising? You link to a web page that offers to sell you the secret of the ages for $109. You have perfectly illustrated the reason why people talk about Nibiru, Planet X and 2012. They make money by promoting superstition and fear. Anyone who is foolish enough to waste a hundred bucks on this nonsense deserves what they get, My only fear is that some of these groups have even more sinister motives than greed. Millennial cults sometimes inspire mass suicides.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

The paper you link to is from 1991. Eris has since been discovered, and announced, as noted above. If something were only visible from the south, it could not be behind the Sun.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Doesn't your post constitute advertising? .

NO I didnt buy anything... Just sharing that there is knowledge from Egyptians and Celts on the same issue from ancient times, nothing more k....

And you gotta wonder what these guys are putting what look like peneal gland shaped objects behind mans head.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac0eaa78fd57.jpeg[/atsimg]
you gotta wonder...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a637cc8d02c1.jpeg[/atsimg]
you gotta!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8694db79ff34.jpeg[/atsimg]
1z with wings them 1z without humanity
edit on 11/19/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join