It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is nibiru/planet x/nemesis?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i read that it will be more visible before 2012

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khayal
reply to post by WireFoXX

I don't believe the Nibiru myth came from the Mayans. Their calendar simply switches to a new cycle in 2012 and people have taken that to mean the end of the world. It's called jumping the gun.

The idea of Nibiru came from ZetaTalk: en.wikipedia.org...

Also - off by 0.1 of what? That's pretty ambiguous.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Khayal because: (no reason given)

From what I read it didnt come from Maya Prophecy. But Ancient Sumarian text. It is FIRST important to understand the reason for Nibiru before discrediting its existance. Its not a 3d realm craft. So trying to locate it with non spiritual eyes is somewhat hard to do but not impossible. Its like a Star ship more then a Mother ship.
www.enkispeaks.com...&Mining_2.html

King Anu of Nibiru sent his dynastic heir, Enlil, to Earth to rule it and check Ea's claim of vast gold to send back to Nibiru to save that planet's atmosphere.

King Anu

Narrative Resumes

Father Anu, Enlil beamed from Earth to Nibiru, Affirm, by the law of succession, that I, your son by your own half-sister Antu, precede and have authority over Ea, though, he, your eldest son, be.

Come to Earth, Enlil begged Anu, Make Enki obey me.

Enlil warned Anu he'd have to deal with Alalu too: He yells he's King of Earth and Nibiru.

So, 416, 000 years ago, Anu flew to Earth.

Anu flies from Nibiru to Earth

On Earth, he put three straws in his right hand, held them out to Ea and Enlil: Whoever draws the long straw rules Nibiru. Draw the short straw and you command Earth. Middle-sized straw: run mining and sea transport.

"By their lots the tasks they divided; Anu to Nibiru to return, its ruler on the throne to remain.

"The Edin [Mesopotamia] to Enlil was allotted, to be Lord of Command, more settlements to establish, of the skyships and their heros charge to take. Of all the lands until they the bar of the seas encounter, the leader to be.

As far as where I think it is, I think its within the Galaxy we currently reside within just finishing up on stops before reaching our location. So I feel its in the outer spiral range with us but may only be probing Earth for mineral detection. I guess over time some minerals tend to regenerate like GOLD somehow and some if they could track certain mineral redeposits may be able to track when it returns to harvest it.

Ok my 3 cents

edit on 11/18/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by rajaten

I don't know if there is one or isn't, I just said it isn't impossible - if there were a nearby star (probably a brown or red dwarf) we probably have already detected but we do not yet realise how close it is yet as the distance between it and ourselves may not have been calculated as of this time.

See en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-11-2010 by Khayal because: (no reason given)

Good link, but sadly I very much doubt you'll get the "But it might be true, how do you know!!!!11" brigade to reason. You could tell them that the idea of planet x came from a bugs bunny cartoon in 1958, and they would still cover their ears and yell "NANANANANANANA NOT LISTENING!!!!!" and when you stop trying, they'll start all over again trying to fob the idea off as factual based on pseudoscience and ignorance.

"I cant see Neptune, so I know nibiru must be there!!"

That's the sort of logic you'll get...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Another poster placed this in one of my threads. Its interesting. Start at 47 minutes to the end THERE IS EVIDENCE.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Ha!

I'm sure there will be a lot of disappointed people come 22nd December 2012. It's worrying that so many people seem to hope that a planet's going to smash into us. Ah well.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Khayal

I dont think its gonna smash into Earth lol. And 2012 date is inaccurate.
2nd

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

So you've read memos from the vatican declaring there's a brown dwarf heading for us? They're pretty crappy at keeping secrets if conspiracy theorists know what they know.
edit on 18-11-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Exactly, there is no planet x....planet x is probably the password for Sitchins bank account.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
It is FIRST important to understand the reason for Nibiru before discrediting its existance. Its not a 3d realm craft. So trying to locate it with non spiritual eyes is somewhat hard to do but not impossible. Its like a Star ship more then a Mother ship.

Oh.. I get it now. I need special 'spiritual' glasses to see it? How about a spirit bottle? I just polished off a bottle of Wild Turkey! Perhaps if I hold that up to the sky.... Would I look like a turkey? Or would I see Nibiru? This is so confusing!

IRM

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Mabey WISE can help?
WISE is a NASA-funded Explorer mission that will provide a vast storehouse of knowledge about the solar system, the Milky Way, and the Universe. Among the objects WISE will study are asteroids, the coolest and dimmest stars, and the most luminous galaxies.

WISE is an unmanned satellite carrying an infrared-sensitive telescope that will image the entire sky. Since objects around room temperature emit infrared radiation, the WISE telescope and detectors are kept very cold (below -430° F /15 Kelvins, which is only 15° Centigrade above absolute zero) by a cryostat -- like an ice chest but filled with solid hydrogen instead of ice.

peace

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why wouldn't it be cloaked? If THEY are that advanced?reply to post by DJW001

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Three minutes of your time (no commercials)

Planet X could have been there, who's to say now. Why the blacked out rectangle in the singular suspected place?

Maybe it moves in another dimension, and only reveals itself to Earth through a "wormhole" every 3,600 years. Like a farmer spot checks his crop.

Planets- always orbiting around the sun is what we know to be fact, due to gravity. Look at our technology in the year 2010, plus 3.600 years and then add on another 3,600 years. We sure wouldn't be stationary and I expect "they" aren't either.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WireFoXX
reply to post by DJW001

Because everything in the universe is that easy to understand. Who's to say that we could see it? It is supposed to be as close as Neptune in 2011. Last time I looked at the sky I didn't see Neptune staring me down...

Probably not. Now, try staring at the sky through a 6" reflecting telescope (You can get a decent one at Fry's Electronics for under $400). Better yet, try staring at the sky through a 12" or bigger scope (a lot more expensive, sometimes hand-built, but not *that* uncommon among amateur astronomers)...given decent instruments, you can easily see Neptune staring back at you.

The universe isn't "easy to understand" (why do you think men like Dr. Hawking, Dr, Einstein, and Isaac Newton are so revered?), but the ability to observe the universe has nothing (in terms of difficulty, at least) with the ability to understand the universe. If there were a brown dwarf close enough to Earth to make a close pass by 2012, even if by some miracle it wasn't seen, it would be detected. The gravitational forces from our 'visitor' would cause changes in planetary orbits (which would be noticed by astronomers) and changes in satellite orbits (which would be noticed by everybody, once their cable / satellite TV and GPSS navigation systems started going flaky).

While I'm on the subject of "flaky"....it was mentioned earlier in this thread that Nibiru is only visible to a set of Vatican-owned infrared telescopes. Could someone explain to me (keeping in mind that I'm a relatively uneducated and unreformed redneck...keep the explanation simple enough for a physics/comp. sci. double major with a math minor, please) how light is only visible to a Catholic telescope? Did the Pope excommunicate every other IR 'scope on the planet? It isn't as though infrared astronomy is particularly bleeding-edge super-tech. Speaking as an amateur astronomer (and knowing several others) I can say with some certainty that neither NASA nor the Vatican 'owns' us...I'd also be willing to bet the rent check that any astronomer who discovered a new member of our solar system would be publicizing his (or her) discovery via every source available...print, electronic, and, if necessary, semaphore, since such a discovery would pretty much be their ticket to a spot in the history books.

Show me some decent proof, and I'll believe that Nibiru is out there...but be warned, my threshold for proof is fairly high, simply because so much physical evidence argues against its existence.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The ancient Sumerian texts do exist, but we could never say whether they are fact or fiction. It could have simply been a popular sci-fi story at the time for all we know. It could have been that people from another place came to mine on their land and a satirical story formed out of it, or maybe they truly believed the people who came to take them over were aliens, maybe the other group of people seemed so advanced relative to them that they simply thought the only explanation was that they were gods or from outer space. Or it could be true, but if it is true and we follow their timeline that they say these events occur on, don't they not even match up to 2012? So the idea of Nibiru being applied to 2012 sort of takes away from the story of Nibiru itself. More people would probably be open to the idea of Nibiru if it wasn't thrown in with the topic of 2012.

That being said, it really is a fascinating story, I remember reading parts of it in Art History in college, as well as studying the various sculptures from that age that do seem to oddly resemble astronauts, spaceships and the like, but people have always had imaginations, to say that their art depicts something that they actually saw and experienced isn't something we're really qualified to decide. The concept of ancient civilizations leaving us a warning of impending doom doesn't seem so far fetched, but I think if they did leave any type of cryptic warnings, they probably weren't for us or having anything to do with 2012. If these cultures left warnings they were probably meant for the near future relative to them, or at least closer than 2012.

If we ever do find out that certain stories, artifacts or monuments like the pyramids actually are a message or warning, they probably were for things that have already come to pass. That doesn't really make it any less interesting, in my opinion, they could be used to pinpoint prior disasters that have occurred, whether was caused naturally on Earth or by a meteor from outer space, aliens, or whatever. It's a fun notion, but it's hard for me to think any of these things were left as a warning specifically for us at this time leading up to 2012. So my point basically is that I do believe Nibiru could exist, and science doesn't specifically tell us that the whole Nemesis star thing is impossible, however I do not think these things have anything at all to do with 2012.

I also agree if Nibiru was some sort of ship instead of a star or planet, or if they found a way to move a whole star or planet, then they probably would be advanced enough to cloak themselves somehow so that we wouldn't see it approaching, you would think. But really you'd think if they want our gold, and have the ability to travel such distances, they'd find a better way to acquire that gold upon landing on our planet. If they are advanced enough to get here, why would they waste the time enslaving us to mine their gold? Why wouldn't they just wipe us out and take it, or take whatever they want?

Because most likely it was a fictional story, or the "aliens" were just other humans from a culture they had no prior contact with so they made up a story to explain where they came from. Or maybe Nibiru is right around the corner
if we do ever see it, it will probably be in our final seconds of seeing.
edit on 11/18/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Or maybe an image could be missing?

Furthermore - why would a planet in "another dimension" travel around a star in our dimension?

Also, given the the galaxy rotates around it's centre (and thus we do as well), and our galaxy rotates around our local group (and thus we do as well), if Nibiru did travel through a wormhole 3600 years ago to come pay a visit we would no longer be anywhere near that wormhole and so Nibiru would be nowhere near us.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is why people believe in Nibiru, but none of this points to anything having to do with 2012, so I don't see why people are expecting to see Nibiru anytime soon if it does indeed exist.

The Babylonians seemed not to understand the foundations of these equations and formulas, they only knew how to use them. The Sumerians had an even more exact knowledge of the solar system and its place in our universe than did the Babylonians, whom they predate. The Sumerian calender was originally crafted as early as 3,000 B.C. and is also the model for our calendar today. They based their calender on the cycles of the moon, thereby breaking the year into 12 months, with a leap month put in every three years. Besides the fundementals of day counting, the Sumerians also had knowledge of more arcane astronomical features, some of which are hard to fathom just how they knew.

For example, as the earth spins on it's axis it wobbles, so that a line drawn from the north pole into space traces a circle as the years go by. To be precise, the pole traces a circle at a rate of about one degree every 72 years - effecting which star we call the north star over long periods of time. This phenomenon is called the earths precession. You can observe this effect with a toy top or a gyroscope. At first it stays stationary after the initial spin, but as the spinning slows down, the top of the top begins to trace little circles, which grow bigger and bigger until it falls over. A Great Year, the time it takes for the north pole to point to the same north star again is 25,920 years, calculated by multiplying the 72 years it takes to move one degree by the 360 degrees in a circle.The Sumerians knew of and understood the precession and also knew the length of the Great Year, a truly extraordinary feat given the lengthy observations required to discover this and also given the primitive instruments they had to use to make measurements.

The Sumerians were also able to measure the distance between stars very precisely. But how is it possible that earthbound, primitive, pretechnological people were able to do this? And even more mysteriously, why? Such star maps would be neccessary for space travellers, but not for the ancient primitive Sumerians. Given the extraordinary accuracy of Sumerian astronomical calculations, perhaps it is prudent to have another look at those areas where their information differs from ours. The Sumerians assign 12 "celestial bodies" to the solar system, the sun, the moon and 10 planets. Today we recognize 11 of these, but it was not always the case. Until the late 18th century Western astronomers only knew of the existence of 6 planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Uranus was discovered in 1781, Neptune in 1846, and Pluto in 1930. In this light, is it possible that the Sumerians 12th celestial body is yet to be discovered, a planet that the Sumerins called Nibiru? Interestingly, in 1972 Joseph L. Brady, an astronomer at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory discovered a pertubation in Halleys comets orbit that could be explained by the presence of a Jupiter sized planet that orbits ever several thousand years. More recently, it has been found that the trajectories of space craft like the Voyagers are being disturbed by an unknown gravitational force.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Tribble

Or maybe an image could be missing?

Furthermore - why would a planet in "another dimension" travel around a star in our dimension?

Also, given the the galaxy rotates around it's centre (and thus we do as well), and our galaxy rotates around our local group (and thus we do as well), if Nibiru did travel through a wormhole 3600 years ago to come pay a visit we would no longer be anywhere near that wormhole and so Nibiru would be nowhere near us.

OK- 1 of a gazillion (way zoomed in) pixels are missing from an early database on Google sky. This guy found it and claimed it was where planet X was. It's a mystery now, but the comments do not refuse it.

Since we are talking about Nibiru, I could have added 12 dimensions to that as it is/would be 10,000years advanced to our science, Example:the HLC folks think they have a handle on dark matter, as of yesterday!

Your last comment- Mapping and navigating the universe would be liquid (constant mapping). Traversing in the direction you would want to go "might be like how a sailor at sea arrives back at port, simply by reading at the stars.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

What are the "signs" we are to look for?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Maybe it's made of black light and we will only be able to locate it due to it obstructing visible stellar objects. Then again maybe it's not. Maybe it's in another dimension or behind the Sun; or it's the Moon or it's travelling faster than the speed of light; or maybe it's not coming.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Khayal

reply to post by WireFoXX I don't believe the Nibiru myth came from the Mayans. Their calendar simply switches to a new cycle in 2012 and people have taken that to mean the end of the world. It's called jumping the gun. The idea of Nibiru came from ZetaTalk: en.wikipedia.org... Also - off by 0.1 of what? That's pretty ambiguous.

The Mayan Astronomers calculated the orbit of Venus around the Sun to be 584 days. According to present day astronomers, it takes 583.92 days. 2012 is also the next time that there will be a transit of Venus and a Solar Eclipse. Pretty amazing, in my opinion, that they were able to make these types of observations and calculations. Does that mean the end of the world? Probably not...
edit on 18-11-2010 by memnoch25 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join