It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

96th anniversary of the Tunguska event

page: 1

join
share:
TPL

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Its been 96 years since one of the most notable meteor impacts, that occured in Siberia, 1908.

Or was it an impact at all, read the article for other theories including Electromagnetic effects and Tesla.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by TPL]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
wow, it's a rare sight to know someone who is knowlegeable of the Tungusta event. For my part I find the tesla experiment to be very suspicious of the cause.

Telsa laboratory and it's giant Tesla Coil

Nicolas tesla Stuff

The MAN himself

E_T

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I would keep "airblast" of meteoroid as best "candidate".

www.psi.edu...

As a meteorite slams into the atmosphere at speeds around 12 to 20 km/sec or more, it experiences a strong mechanical shock, like a diver bellyflopping into water. This can break apart stones of a certain size range, which explode instead of hitting the ground. Some of them drop brick-sized fragments on the ground, but others, such as the one that hit Siberia, may produce primarily a fireball and cloud of fine dust and tiny fragments. In 1993 researchers Chris Chyba, Paul Thomas, and Kevin Zahnle studied the Siberian explosion and concluded it was of this type -- a stone meteorite that exploded in the atmosphere. This conclusion was supported when Russian researchers found tiny stoney particles embedded in the trees at the collision site, matching the composition of common stone meteorites.

unmuseum.mus.pa.us...

Of course there are tens other theories ranging from UFOs to black holes and to things like this:
www.spacedaily.com...
But why there isn't explosion crater in surface like in areas where volcanic gases have erupted?

www.volcano.si.edu...
web.pdx.edu... (last picture)
rainforest-australia.com...
www.fjexpeditions.com...

[edit on 1-7-2004 by E_T]

join