It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden password expiration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Came on this morning and couldnt log in. Had to request a password reset.

After 4 years with the same password and the keen ability to tell when the caps lock key is or is not depressed I find this odd.

I could go directly to my members page and see all my posts and threads and information and the mighty internet thought I was logged in there but anywhere else I went I was logged out and my password wouldnt work.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

As far as I know ATS does not implement password expiration policies, I've been on this site for 2 years and always used the same password, I've never been prompted for a password reset.

Sounds like it could possibly be an issue with the sites coding but personally, and out of paranoia, I'd change the password again and contact one of the mods to find out what's going on as that does seem a little odd to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That happened to me last week. And last month. I had to request mine to. This time i saved it in my mailbox.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ive never had password problems with ATS and I also discovered I had an older profile than this on ATS with a similar name. I have never got an email or anything stating that I had to reset my password.

Maybe someone has attempted to gain access to your ATS account, requesting a password reset?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have had the same password since September 2004 and have never had a problem logging in, have never made any kind of changes to my account in all that time.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
NSA / HLS was just accessing your account, you know, just checking on things.

Nothing to be concerned about, terrorism is bad, we are bad, go shopping, stay scared....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

If they were accessing your account they would pull you profile name and search there system (googxx) your name and every post you made would be visible. Stop being so paranoid.

When you get a knock at the door and there are 2 men in suits there and they say excuse me Mr. X where are with the FBI do you have a minute. Thats when you should be #ting your pants becasue what ever your talknig about is threating to the POTUS or anything to do with gov.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Question: what does one do if this occurs and the email used to register for ATS is no longer valid?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Question: what does one do if this occurs and the email used to register for ATS is no longer valid?

Go to tools and then click on email. You can update your current email address.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

i had to do the same on my account a few months ago. dont know why.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I guess this is as good a place as any to bring it up.

A few months ago in the days leading up to the release of the Iraq War logs there was a thread talking about the Insurance file. This is when I first discovered ATS. I spent some time lurking and as the whole logs and insurance thing got more and more exciting I joined with the name "thisguyrighthere" and made a few posts.

Like I said, this was only a few months ago.

Anyway, I didn't really post again. At some point I was no longer already logged on when I visited. I didn't think anything of it because I didn't want to post anyway. But when I eventually did want to post I found I couldn't log on.

I'm notorious for forgetting the passwords I use for various accounts. Checked my primary email accounts but couldn't find the original email from when I signed up.

Then today I see the OP of this thread, "thisguyrighthere" post in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

naturally I was like, wtf.

I signed up for a new account, (excuse my name I won't be using this account for long given the circumstances) and searched the OPs profile. Found this post. Seemed EXTREMELY relavent.

TO BE CLEAR I AM NOT CLAIMING TO BE THE "thisguyrighthere" THAT IS OP. HIS JOIN DATE AND EXTENSIVE POST HISTORY SIMPLY DONT MATCH UP

I'm wondering how the hell something like this could have happened.

top topics

join