It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.K., You Fix the Budget

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
You Fix the Budget via New York Times

I played around with this the other day, I managed to fix the budget...by cutting military spending and raising a lot of taxes on the wealthy. A lot.

It's possible, but supposedly, neither the republicans plans or the democrats plans will work. Or so I've read.

So go ahead, you fix the budget.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
You Fix the Budget via New York Times

I played around with this the other day, I managed to fix the budget...by cutting military spending and raising a lot of taxes on the wealthy. A lot.

It's possible, but supposedly, neither the republicans plans or the democrats plans will work. Or so I've read.

So go ahead, you fix the budget.

The budget can be fixed in less than an hour. Remove the right of the Federal Reserve private banking cartel to print money and lend it to the US government with huge amounts of interest.

That is all it needs to solve every single problem in the economy - and get rid of income tax too.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Bring our boys (and girls) home in the military and put them on the boarder. Gotta keep them busy. No government has ever let 18year old young men hang out at home. Idle and bored and young? Could cause problems.. Put'em on the boarder to protect us. Don't send them away..Put'em to work here.

Flat tax for everyone. The more you spend,the more you pay.

Create additional import taxes on foriegn manufacturing. At least make it the same for what we pay to ship out,and what we charge to bring it in to the country. Toe to Toe..Country by Country.

Reduce Federal Employess wages.. Righttttt Who's going to vote THAT in?

Quit spending advertising dollars on Postal rates.. We get it..10bucks if it fits in the box... It's not increasing sales enough to offset the debt.. quit while you already lost a billion bucks.

Tell the teaches union we made a mistake. We can't pay a teacher $80,000 a year in their pension,when we only took out 5 grand a year for 20 years. The numbers don't work.

Thats a start.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

I did it by upping the taxes on the wealthy. I didn't cut any military spending.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Except for when you raise taxes on the wealthy the govt receives less income. There are countless articles on it, you can use New York as an example.

CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING, don't increase taxes on anyone.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I didn't raise a single tax on anyone:

I cut military spending including Navy and Air Force fleets which are only needed if you're going to police the world.
I cut all foreign aid.
I cut several government social engineering offices.

I increased medicare eligibility age to 68 same with SS.

For the rest See results.

I'm for cutting down the empire without asking people to pay for it more.
You tax all the rich people and anyone who makes enough money to open a business,
and cutting the budget won't matter because these people will leave. Why? Because they can.

Government got us in this mess, so government must make the sacrifice, and NOT on the back on ANY of our citizens. Taxing only the rich to pay for profligate spending is unfair and violates the equal protection clause.

edit on 18-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

These cuts work. Why? Because I have the marbles to do it and I'm not afraid of not being re-elected. If I were a congressman, I would serve one term, but I would bring that budget under control...Hell I'll even cover for the rest of congress.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

That and they pass the costs onto consumers. Otherwise they have to operate at a loss...Which is the liberal way of running a business.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The interactive options presented are somewhat of a sham.

Consider that the government is not limited to cutting the programs selected to be in that short list.

The government can cut far faaaarrrrrr more than just those simple programs.

There are over 2.15 million bureaucrats working for the federal government right now, not including the military or postal workers.

The spending it takes to pay, equip, and train that many parasites is astronomical.

Yet as huge as that number is, it is dwarfed by the number of civilians who make a living off of federal largess. Consider the ENTIRE defense industry makes its living off of tax dollars. Without the criminal federal government, there would be almost no defense industry except for small arms manufacturers.

Nearly every private farm gets huge subsidies and largess from the criminal federal government. All the child support services are federally funded. All the schools receive partial federal funding. The list of spending and bureaucrats is so huge that faaaaaaaaaar more than just that tiny list of options can be cut.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
unfortunatetly, they don't allow for outside the box thinking, [snip]
I'd do that, I'd add a national sales tax of some sort (not their 5%) and then I'd tax all internet sales - anything boought or sold by a US company or US individual.

Also, I would imagine that, going thru the budget, there are tons of ways to cut that aren't offered in their little game.

There's a great scene in the movie Dave, where the pretend president (Kevin Kline) brings his buddy, Charles Grodin, a CPA, to help him balance the budget. Grodin goes thru the budget and the books and, in an exasperated moment asks "who the hell is doing these books? they're a mess."

I'm guessing there's a ton of garbage, intentionally excessive spending, favor spending etc than can be removed, freeing up a large percentage of that budget.
edit on 18-11-2010 by elevatedone because: Mod Edit - removed legalization statement.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i fixed 2030 with a surplus to spare and lowered 2015 deficit to just 106b with 0 tax increases by tightening up disability, medicare, social security, cutting civilian government workers/contractor workforce and salary, reducing troops in afganistan/iraq but leaving weapons development in place.

the big 2 were making 70 the new medicare and ss age, which, honestly it would be that high if not higher had we stuck to the ORIGINAL way things were layed out for those two programs.

go figure you can fix stuff without sacrificing national security or raising taxes. i love this game.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Bring home most of our troops.
Close many bases on foreign soil.
recycle ~1/3 of our oldest military hardware (most expensive to upkeep).
Sell scrap to private sector/use useful parts for upkeep on remaining vehicles.
Reduce black budget by 20 billion (leaving 36 billion for them to play with).
Cut military spending in total by ~300 billion (I'm sure other detail will have to be adjusted that aren't listed here).

Eliminate write offs other than directly related to children.
Adjust tax rates down SLIGHTLY.
very small federal sales tax (2% ish?)

Audit the government and weed out "pork" spending.
Reform the political donation process, especially in regards to corporate lobbyists.
Pass a bill denying ANY elected representative a pay raise of any sort until the budget is balanced and limiting pay raises severely until the debt is payed off.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Fix the budget. Easy.

[snip]
step 2)reslease all drug-war victims from prison, cutting billions in spending
step 3)crack down on all companies which hire illegally.
step 4) enjoy you balanced budget.
edit on 18-11-2010 by elevatedone because: Mod edit - discussion of legalizing drugs not permitted.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think I would tick off about everyone with my proposals. But I had a $164 (B) surplus by 2015 and a $530 (B) surplus by 2030.

My results

21% Savings from Tax Increases
79% Savings from Spending Cuts

My only problem is that I was not allowed to do my own proposals. I could create a huge budget surplus by 2012 with my own proposals no need for their outdated crap. Yes it can be done but I wonder if anyone in D.C. would have the guts to actually think outside the box to solve our financial crisis.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is no way you can fix the Federal Budget.

You can't have:
- +70 million Baby Boomers on Social Security/Medicare
- +10 million older Americans on Social Security/Medicare
- +12 million Federal Employees/military/congress critters/Federal contract workers
- +7 million on Veterans Affairs
- +45 million illegal immigrants getting Section 8/welfare/free school for this kids/100% free healthcare
- Palau gets free money from us until 2034 under their Compact with us
- Federated States of Micronesia gets free money from us for their Compact with us
- Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands gets free money from their compact with us
- Guam/Puerto Rico/US Virgin Islands/American Samoa all need free money from us
- 11 aircraft battle groups and our crazy big military needs hundreds of Billions to just operate let alone fight

There is no way to fund the Federal Government. Besides the Printing Press. If we took the currency in circulation of every country on Earth...we could not pay all the Federal Liabilities/Debt.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
LOL Captain, release convicted drug offenders? Do you know what that would do to the Overtime Prison Guards get paid to add to their pension? If a bed is occupied,the Prison gets money.Empty? No dough.
It's not about rehabilitation,it's about occupation..
Let's find some more ways to save the economy. That one will NEVER work.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wage war on other countries unable to defend themselves, steal all valuable resources, enslave all citizens with taxes and then hear the lamentation of their women. Problem solved!

The real ones in charge don't care about the deficit, it's like stealing your friends credit card, maxing out the limit and letting everyone else pay the bill.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I Got a great idea. Cut the government.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I saw this and played around with it. Being a libertarian I tried to cut all spending and raise no taxes, which didn't cover everything needed to eliminate the deficit.

I find the options presented here are limited though.

Where are these options?
1. 1. Eliminate all troops in the middle east
2. Legalize growth and sales of (and tax) marijuana
3. Consider the gold standard to reduce inflation
4. Use more of OUR oil that we have under OUR soil instead of b...uying it from another country.
5. Always have a balanced budget

These would go a long way to eliminating a deficit if they were options on that chart

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

The wealthy do not get paid on a pay as you earn salary basis so they will escape most of the taxes. They can also employ accountants to save them cash. That is the way of the world. I would cut the military and the civil servant and rais taxes on purchases.

edit on 19-11-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join