It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, I freaking hate you, but "Why Can't We All Just Get Along"???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Explanation: There is no need to qualify why I seriously hate you, but believe me I have my reasons and I believe I could validate them under some independant and accurate moral standard [supplied below FYI
] and yet they are totally irrelevant to this issue as the question is "Why Can't We All Just Get Along"???

So why is that? Why can't we all just get along? What are the 3 main contributing factors ( in your opinion, hopefully supported by some evidence) to that issue?

Because you are all covered by this documented garantee... [Independant moral standard as noted in text above]

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

... and thus there SHOULD be no obsticals at all to "Just Getting Along" together!

Seriously, regardless of that I hate you, I still aspire to see you in a spirit of brotherhood as is laid out in Article 1.

Because I hate being forced to resort to law of the jungle even more because I AM a Monster and wouldn't know when or where to stop within reason!

Personal Disclosure:
My last recourse under the law of the jungle would lead me to employ a "I'm not just going to kill you" strategy and if that doesn't alert you in any way, then be it on your own head!

P.S.
The entire post above is some sick fantasy in my mind as OL A-Priori LOVE's you all, but I could not pass up this opportunity to stir the pot a bit! Sneaky eh!

edit on 18-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: edited spelling fail.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I think century of self by that curtis geezer from bbc does a good job of explaining how they use game theory to make sure everyone sees everyone else as an enemy.

It was done to make sure the public could not rise up and join together. They use divide and conquer tactics on personal levels not just in politics, and big gov levels. Its being done to you in very real tersm but you do not see it. Like i said it was doen to make sure peopel would not come together and rise up, and prove to be difficult to control like curtis says in that series.

They played the people very well.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I hate everyone that OL hates with an equal vengeance.

It's good to vent. So yay to venting. Yay I say. Whilst siting on hay. Near a bay. It is a very nice day. Sitting here by the bay. And I don't need to say:

A horse says neigh.

Cheers
Shane
edit on 18-11-2010 by shamus78 because: I added the rhymes. I think it was worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The title sounds like the thought-process of a liberal.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Explanation: St*rred!

That would be because I am slightly left of center... [I'm a bit more authoritarian than this test results implied OK]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9d75025f192.jpg[/atsimg]

But I am conservative 1st...without family one has nothing to work with, but yes I am quite liberal in how I define what family is and for me that is quite broad, deep and far!
It's called Humanity AKA the Human Race [and there is only one of them!]

Personal Disclosure: Excellent powers of scrutiny! Well done!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'll give you the reasons why we can't all get along:

Evolution and natural selection.

The most beneficial traits for our survival stayed in the gene pool, and there is absolutely no reason to assume that these traits need to be ''nice'', or that they lead humanity anywhere near utopia.

Revenge, intolerance, hate, jealousy and anger are all insurmountable obstacles in everybody getting along; but all of those traits are/were beneficial and advantageous to our survival.

This is why there's always a certain degree of naivety to idealism, and a failure to acknowledge the harsh realism of the world around us.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Explanation: St*rred!

OL'll give you the possible reasons why we can all get along:

Evolution and natural selection.

Some of the most beneficial traits for our survival stayed in the meme pool, and there is absolutely no reason to assume that these traits need to be ''nasty'', or that they lead humanity anywhere near distopia.

Revenge, intolerance, hate, jealousy and anger are all surmountable obstacles for everybody in getting along; but yes all of those traits are/were beneficial and advantageous to our individual survival.

Biologically we ARE great apes and the law of the jungle underpins everything, but psychologically are we just going to resort to our great ape base nature as an A-Priori way to deal with our reality or Hark!, is that the voice of human being calling us all to aspire to something more than just "kill or be killed/eat or be eaten" bloody tooth and claw beastial instinct. [laymans translation: Are we just homo-sapiens-sapiens or are we more than that by being civilized..by being a human being!]

Article 1.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

laymans translation:...

Article 1.
•All human beings are endowed with reason and conscience in a spirit of brotherhood.

Note: I'm not trying to rewrite it, just showing where I got my pov from ok!

This is why there's always a certain degree of crassness to reality, and a seeming failure to acknowledge the potential idealism in the world around us.

Personal Disclosure: Hmmm? Strange existential choice to have to make ...be civilized ..or be banned!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Some of the most beneficial traits for our survival stayed in the meme pool, and there is absolutely no reason to assume that these traits need to be ''nasty'', or that they lead humanity anywhere near distopia.

I would say that a cursory look at the world around you, history, and the premise for your thread itself, give a clear indicator that these traits do give us adequate reason to assume that humanity will always have ''nasty'' elements to it, and that we won't ever be able to get along ( unless natural selection favours ''nicer'' traits in the future ).

Revenge, intolerance, hate, jealousy and anger are all surmountable obstacles for everybody in getting along; but yes all of those traits are/were beneficial and advantageous to our individual survival.

They are insurmountable, because human nature is fragile, malleable and imperfect. It doesn't take much for a ''normal'' human being to have a bad experience, and to let these negative traits take over and infect everybody that he interacts with.

The problem here is that life is inherently unfair; someone's always going to have a better life, better experiences, and more good fortune than someone else.

It's a natural reaction for those less fortunate to feel bitterness or resentment, which in many cases will cause many of the above traits to fester inside them.

Biologically we ARE great apes and the law of the jungle underpins everything, but psychologically are we just going to resort to our great ape base nature as an A-Priori way to deal with our reality or Hark!, is that the voice of human being calling us all to aspire to something more than just "kill or be killed/eat or be eaten" bloody tooth and claw beastial instinct. [laymans translation: Are we just homo-sapiens-sapiens or are we more than that by being civilized..by being a human being!]

Again, it's nice for idealists to think that this may be possible ( and I'm an idealist by heart, realist by head
).

But no matter how high we think of ourselves, all of our actions are largely manifestations of the most basic survival tools. ie. Seeking power, control, security etc.

laymans translation:...

Article 1.
•All human beings are endowed with reason and conscience in a spirit of brotherhood.

Note: I'm not trying to rewrite it, just showing where I got my pov from ok!

This is why there's always a certain degree of crassness to reality, and a seeming failure to acknowledge the potential idealism in the world around us.

Personal Disclosure: Hmmm? Strange existential choice to have to make ...be civilized ..or be banned!

We are all endowed with reason and conscience, but we are also endowed with emotion.

It's impossible to expect that everybody can keep their emotions in check, by reason and conscience, all of the time.

Even the most logical, emotionally circumspect people, have their moments of irrationality.

In other words, I believe that for people us to get along, would require all of us to be emotionally-suppressed automatons !

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nah. There's no need for long explanations.

Compound 7 billion people who want to have their way, at their convenience, right now, then someone's going to be hurt in that situation. Compassion only comes from those who WANT to be compassionate, so this rule is never violated. lol

top topics

join