It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By Resistting our Bigotry Gays Are Persecuting The Church says Italian Cardinal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Since you have continually refused to back up your assertion, its logical to conclude you simply cannot do it and are attempting to steer the conversation away from the question at hand.

A simple yes or no will suffice:

Can you provide factual evidence to back up your claim?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Since you have continually refused to back up your assertion, its logical to conclude you simply cannot do it and are attempting to steer the conversation away from the question at hand.

Ha! So typical. What do you want - some measurements, statistics?

It's a matter of precept and definition. You have a dictionary right?

A sexual attraction only for sheep, or little kids or the same gender is by definition a misdirection/perversion of the sexual drive (if we presuppose - which everyone knows is the case - that we have a sexual drive to start with primarily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender).

So the answer is yes and this is where you probably call me an ignorant bigot, for stating simple facts that are obvious to any third grader.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Ha! So typical. What do you want - some measurements, statistics?

It's a matter of precept and definition. You have a dictionary right?

A sexual attraction only for sheep, or little kids or the same gender is by definition a misdirection/perversion of the sexual drive (if we presuppose - which everyone knows is the case - that we have a sexual drive to start with primarily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender).

So the answer is yes and this is where you probably call me an ignorant bigot, for stating simple facts that are obvious to any third grader.

I wouldnt say you are a bigot, I would simply say you are an uninformed moron who has an irrational obsession with the gay lifestyle.

I wonder why

If one of your 3 kids turns out to be gay, what will you do?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

With the kids I guess... kids are being pressured into thinking that homosexuality is perfectly healthy and normal.

Who says so ? some bronze age scribe ? You ? Have you ever had anal sex with anyone ? If so what exactly was unhealthy about it ?

Do you describe homosexuality as two men loving each other you know like Jesus loving his young men or do you only consider the anal sex bit as homosexuality ?

Any sex is healthy if you practice it safely according to many healthy people that do it.Anal sex with a man is no less unhealthy as anal sex with a woman' likewise oral sex.

A child expressing a view different than this will be publically reprimanded, looked askance at etc. etc. etc.

Really by who ? You ? Who exactly is judging this child ? What for ? The way he acts ? The way he dresses ?

Who decides his moral values you ? Himself ? The state ? An invisible man in the sky ?

Of course, most will still see it as abnormal (because it is)

Define "Normal" please

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Or did you mean to say that they can't marry someone who they love AND who makes them horny?

Why on earth would one marry a person that they don't get horny for ?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

The good ol' Christian persecution complex rears its ugly head yet again. Maybe it was appropriate during the days when they were fed to lions and universally reviled but that was about, oh,1900 years ago. And maybe its appropriate in some dictatorships where religious freedom is essentially non-existent but gays standing up for their rights are NOT persecuting anyone. This coming from the religion that used to burn homosexuals (where we get the term FLAMING).

This sort of propaganda makes me sick, had I been alive during the Civil Rights movement in the 60s I imagine I'd see similar talk from white Christian supremacists.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It looks like the entire point of the OP has been missed here. This wasn't a descent into the morality of a homosexual lifestyle, was it? I thought the OP was pointing out the brazen claim that the Catholics were being wrongly persecuted by the BGL groups because they refused to cower before the orders of the hypocritical vatican.
My response to that was that they weren't being persecuted, they were being rejected and ignored...and that it bothered them that they couldn't resort to tactics that worked so well for them in the past. In the past, the offenders would have been tortured to death and all of their belongings seized. Maybe that tactic should be resurrected for use with known pedophiles...but that would wipe out a lot of clergy then wouldn't it.
I have no qualm with homosexuals, or blacks, or jews, or christians, or mexicans, or any person for that matter. I deal with a wide variety of people on a daily basis and I treat them one and all exactly the same. It's amazing that an atheist like me can treat people in a more "christian" manner than the "christians" who are whining about persecution in a manner similar to what could be found on a kindergarten playground.
As far as raising children around it - educate them about it. It's NOT going away whether you like it or not. I honestly think I would be less afraid for my child if it were in the care of two homosexual men than if it were sent off to church for "bible school", or "sunday school". With the growing number of sex crimes committed in churches against children by adults who have been entrusted with their care, it makes me wonder exactly what percentage of the whole church-going-pedophile population they actually represent. The number of the ones that are actually caught is enough to be alarming. The church is losing it's power - over itself, and over it's members. I'll not be shedding any tears over it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I wouldnt say you are a bigot, I would simply say you are an uninformed moron who has an irrational obsession with the gay lifestyle.

I wonder why

Right, and then you suggest I'm a closet gay or something because you have no argument... sooo predictable, boring and brainless.

I already told you where my interest lies and why, and it has nothing to do with the "gay lifestyle" whatever that is.
edit on 19-11-2010 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
It looks like the entire point of the OP has been missed here. This wasn't a descent into the morality of a homosexual lifestyle, was it? I thought the OP was pointing out the brazen claim that the Catholics were being wrongly persecuted by the BGL groups because they refused to cower before the orders of the hypocritical vatican.
My response to that was that they weren't being persecuted, they were being rejected and ignored...and that it bothered them that they couldn't resort to tactics that worked so well for them in the past.

You should read what the Cardinal said again, it was a very simple message that you got completely wrong and it applies to everyone (including kids) not just religious people. Anyone who dares express an opinion other than "homosexuality is perfectly normal and healthy" invariably gets slandered with absurd accusations of hatred and homophobia, and drama queen comparisons to racists.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The good ol' Christian persecution complex rears its ugly head yet again.

That's ironic since the only persecution complex at play here is that of homosexuals, who can do anything that I can, yet continue to act as if the law treats them differently.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

I can think of many reasons, but then again, sex isn't the most important thing to me (for example, my kids having both a Mother and a Father is more important than sex to me). Point is this - gay people can marry someone that they love, they just can't marry someone of the same gender (neither can I).

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Who says so ? some bronze age scribe ? You ? Have you ever had anal sex with anyone ? If so what exactly was unhealthy about it ?

No I haven't and I've already described what's unhealthy about it. Do a google search on the health effects of being sodomized on a regular basis. When you sodomize someone over and over you are injuring them. In addition, anal sex spreads disease like wildfire (what do you expect mixing blood, semen, and poo? - yeah sounds real healthy).

Do you describe homosexuality as two men loving each other you know like Jesus loving his young men or do you only consider the anal sex bit as homosexuality ?

Noooo, it's a sexual preference/attraction for the same gender. I love lots of people of the same gender.

Any sex is healthy if you practice it safely according to many healthy people that do it.Anal sex with a man is no less unhealthy as anal sex with a woman' likewise oral sex.

Anal sex is far more unhealthy and likely to spread disease than oral sex.

Define "Normal" please

I already have, the reason that we have a sexual drive to start with is to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender. A sexual drive that, instead, encourages sexual relations with little kids, rabbits, the same gender, rocks, dead people etc. etc. etc. is abnormal.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If one of your 3 kids turns out to be gay, what will you do?

Nothing different, I'd still love them just as much if that's what you're getting at.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I can think of many reasons, but then again, sex isn't the most important thing to me (for example, my kids having both a Mother and a Father is more important than sex to me). Point is this - gay people can marry someone that they love, they just can't marry someone of the same gender (neither can I).

A male turning down sex from females for many years is abnormal as well.

Looks like youre just as bad as those evil gays you are obsessed with, according to your logic.
edit on 19-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Of course it is. Notice how I don't get offended and start screaming that you're an ignorant hateful moron when you state perfectly obvious facts?

Looks like youre just as bad as those evil gays you are obsessed with, according to your logic.

I've never described gay people as bad or evil... I don't think they are.

Their sexual drive has been misdirected/perverted, that doesn't mean I think they're bad people and I certainly don't hate or fear them because of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Of course it is. Notice how I don't get offended and start screaming that you're an ignorant hateful moron when you state perfectly obvious facts?

Good to see you can admit you were abnormal at least.

Using your own logic, you are the same as a gay. Out of the norm.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Not sure where you live but here in the USA gays are not allowed to get married. The country in question here is Italy.

Notwithstanding a long history of legislative proposals for civil unions, Italy does not recognize any type of same-sex unions.

Source

Emphasis added.

Italy does not allow same sex marriage, which is an infringement of the civil rights of these individuals. Furthermore most homosexuals are bullied as children and sometimes that bullying carries through to adulthood. Here in the United States the culture is extremely homophobic especially amongst the religious right who malign homosexuality every chance they get and still like to pretend its a choice even though the scientific findings have found otherwise.

While gays are more accepted now than at other times in history (such as when Christians used to throw them into the fire with bundles of sticks called "fagots" [where we get the slur flaming fag] ) they are still bullied persecuted and denied certain rights that heterosexual members of society take for granted.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This sounds like an attempt to misdirect from the fact the church appears to be MADE of homosexuals.
Obviously the god that made everything must have Homosexuals too...
and child rapists

Read the talmud.
Homosexuality is rather tame compared to what his "Chosen ones " are allowed to do.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Using your own logic, you are the same as a gay. Out of the norm.

My choice to wait to have sex was abnormal (and very smart and responsible by the way) but my sexual drive has not been misdirected/perverted toward the same gender, or little kids, or monkeys.

My sexual drive has always encouraged me to have sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender, and it still does.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not sure where you live but here in the USA gays are not allowed to get married. The country in question here is Italy.

I live in the USA and gay people can get married. The criteria for what marraiges will be legally recognized apply to everyone exactly the same, regardless of sexual orientation.

While gays are more accepted now than at other times in history (such as when Christians used to throw them into the fire with bundles of sticks called "fagots" [where we get the slur flaming fag] ) they are still bullied persecuted and denied certain rights that heterosexual members of society take for granted.

What rights would those be?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join