It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecies that convert the knowledgable atheist into a Believer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GameSetMatch

I never said you were holding a gun to anyone's head, just giving my honest opinion on Biblical Prophecy.

No, no one should be scared of a preacher. However there are tons of kids out there being brainwashed with fear and unnecessary guilt by religious people. These teachings of the "end of the world prophecies" in Christianity go hand in hand with that guilt and fear. Be a good little boy/girl OR ELSE God will punish you FOREVER and by the way kids he's coming back SOON and will take your family away and leave you behind if you're a sinner. This goes for adult Christians too, not just kids and teens. Its a scare tactic and nothing more and looks especially pathetic when you actually read the prophecies to find they're about as vague as can be and could be interpreted to mean a whole lot of things. As someone who was a victim of this sort of brainwashing as a kid you can imagine I feel pretty passionately about it. For instance the movie Left Behind is supposed to be a fun time for Christians but when you're a teenage Christian being told that sexual thoughts can get you sent to hell (or get you left behind) it becomes a horror movie.

reply to post by Northwarden

There are multiple definitions of the word FAITH. One is the one you used, faith as in trust in something. However that is not the definition we deal with when it comes to a belief in God. Furthermore there are good logical reasons to trust that the road is not about to turn into a ravine beyond my headlights. For one thing I have the road I'm standing under now, and the road that's behind me, which both suggest there will be road in front of me. I also know that I live in a society/country where roads are commonplace and are built and repaired all the time. I have no reason to disbelieve that the road continues in fact I have good reason to believe it does. God, unlike the road, doesn't have good evidence to support his/her existence. I can feel the road beneath me, I can see it, I can even get some scientists out to do an experiment to find out what elements its made of - no such luck with God. That's where the second kind of faith comes in, the belief without evidence.

In a discussion of God Faith refers to a belief without evidence.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: added response

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Well I would agree and disagree. It takes a lot of faith in to believe a passage or verse. You can interpret a verse from a holy text many ways. I just find it confusing to believe anything from any faith.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
˙People will replace one doctrine for another even if that doctrine is no doctrine.
edit on 18-11-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
what a lame preacher. This video is trash already. Why? Sorry If I make anyone mad. But talk about running his mouth. He mentions in the first video, of the prophecy that changed his life. After spewing his christian loving for about 5 minutes, then and only then does he FINALLY tell us about the passage. And when he does it makes no sense even with the stupid preacher's explanation..
edit on 18-11-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Something interesting about the Vatican and UFOs:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

actually it was pretty good up to about the beginning of part 6 then the crafty editing begins, I appreciate the OP posting these videos though and it gives one something to fathom... The RFID part and the testimony given by the inventor are stunning too but there is alot to sort through here so one has to keep an open mind and know how to separate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Fair enough Titen-Sxull, Yeah I understand what you are saying; a lot of people have ill feelings from past indoctrinating experiences by the church. You have made it clear your feelings on that. From my experience in bible prophesies they are not to be interpreted by any individual. The bible it self will explain them using it self. granted you have to study what it is, it is saying and I thought the video portrayed that well enough.

reply to post by fordrew

fordrew, yeah I am kind of kicking myself for not naming the thread after the actual series called "The next Pope" instead of the youtube title. It was late and I was in a rush in my haste I named the thread leaving it a bit misleading if I could change the thread title I would call it The next Pope in Bible prophecies video series or something. I apologize for wasting your time.

reply to post by phiktion

phiktion, Thanks for the video link its interesting to know that the Vatican owns most of the sun observing satellite what are they interested in...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Cosmic.Artifact; thanks for taking the time to watch and reply. I think the video is only showing what has been investigated to death. I agree with the editing aspect within your comment. For me it seems that ether by design or something else we as a people are being marched into a particular path; that when you look at everything presented one must fathom as you put it. Thank you again.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

no problem... It could be at about part.8 when they change narrators is when it began to throw me off, but I noticed alot of change after the original narrator/preacher is not quoting the scripture anymore like he was in the first maybe 4 parts of the video, this is when I began to realize it was a Zeitgeist type of video and actually alot after that point is a culmination of other videos I have seen with just different opinions over top of them but still using a narrator and just commenting over him. It is hard to explain but I just didn't like the switch up, still interesting though...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

The RFID chip is only one of many things that Christians have latched onto as the mark of the beast. The problem is that RFID chips do not leave a 666 mark and are usually not implanted in the forehead. I'm also not entirely sure an RFID is sophisticated enough, at least at this stage, to carry all your financial information. Before these chips many Christians believed the bar code system was the mark. There are many interpretations about the Mark which just shows how unreliably vague Biblical Prophecy is and how the human mind can make things fit because of how vague it is. Horoscopes and many other forms of prophecy work the exact same way.

Letting the Bible interpret itself would just make it worse. Few books contradict themselves more than the Bible. In order for a prophecy to be truly useful to ANYONE it would need to be specific and have one single interpretation that would be obvious to everyone. Not just something vague that can be stretched to apply to current events in order to scare people back into the pews. For instance that whole Daniel thing about the Kingdoms after Nebuchadnezzar would have been a whole lot more useful if it named the Kingdoms nations and gave out the names, in English, of those who would rule. Or how about a prophecy that literally says "So and so born in this and this year in this and this place is the antichrist"... Nope, its some vague nonsense gathered from interpreting a dream written thousands of years ago only to be interpreted and reinterpreted by everyone who owns a Bible.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Titen-Sxull I understand your concerns however the videos put forth a very good explanation for the prophecies; and maybe you are right and it is all bunk. I guess we will know with the next pope. lol

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well three nations have to sign also and coincide with the possible last pope... I watched the series of videos again tonight with a friend and we both have agreed we learned some things about the Catholic church that we possibly did not know before, Being I was raised christian I never really understood too much about the Catholics and have always wondered about the differences, we have both agreed that in our free time our knowledge of the church state needs to be studied further.

*in the year 2000 the Vatican proclaimed it was the mother of all churches... humm

In the end of the video the narrator at that point proclaims his faith in Jesus, is this the same voice from the Zeitgeist series ? (this would be very interesting if so)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join