It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Wouldn't Even Vote for Herself!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, maybe that's an overstatement. Green Party VP nominee, Pat LaMarche, has not committed to voting for herself because of the appeal to see Bush defeated in 2004. LaMarche has stated that she will only vote for herself and her running mate, Presidential nominee David Cobb, if Kerry is a shoe-in in her homestate of Maine. LaMarche and Cobb have decided against seriously competing in undecided states so as not to detract voters from the presumptive Democratic nominee, John Kerry.

Source Press Herald:

LaMarche, who won 7 percent of the vote when she was the Green Independent candidate for governor of Maine in 1998, said she'll vote for whoever has the best chance of beating Bush.

But "if Bush has got 11 percent of the vote in Maine come November 2, I can vote for whoever I want," she said in an interview with the Portland Press Herald/Maine Sunday Telegram.

"I love my country," she said. "Maybe we should ask them that, because if (Vice President) Dick Cheney loved his country, he wouldn't be voting for himself."

A spokesman for the Bush-Cheney campaign said the vice president is certain to vote for his and Bush's re-election.

But most important of all, she said, is "making sure that George Bush is no longer president of the United States."

The Green Party seems fairly unanimous in the assertion that Nader was a factor in Gore's defeat in 2000. The Green Party also decided to can Nader for this year who probably would have received many votes for the Green Party. The Green Party's agenda for this election seems clear: anything but Bush. This chain of events seems to afford a view that at least one Independent party is working with the Democratic Party to ensure that George Bush and Dick Cheney will not be elected again in 2004.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I forgot a question, do you think the Independents will ultimately change the tide of the 2004 election or do you think it will be a landslide in favor of either the Democrats or Republicans?

new topics

join