It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lighter Side of the War on Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I just had to post this video... a very touching video of the soldiers coming home to their loved ones.. didn't know how to embed, so if anyone wants to embed it for convenience please feel free to
www.break.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think about the people that won't have this to look forward to. They should bring them all home.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yea, that's really sad to think about... all they'll get is the memory and a folded up american flag.. God I wish this war was over.. I have a friend in afghanistan right now

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I love that video. Puts things into perspective. The allied soldiers aren't the devil - they are real people with real families who love and miss them. That little girl at the beginning gets me everytime. Nice post

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Beautiful, touching video.

Thanks for posting this!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

anytime, unknown... it was a real tear jerker, but in a happy kind of way

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Yea, 3finjo- its easy to demonize them when you don't take into account they're our friends and family over there just doing their job.. thanks for the reply

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Oh man, made me all teary-eyed here. Thanks for posting this video, my friend. I will surely be sharing this with absolutely everyone I know. God bless our brave men and women, and may all of them come back home safely, soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

yea, it got me too haha.. i posted it here, then immediately on facebook.. i think everyone should see this video

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I agree. Likewise, I've posted it on FB, too.

Still can't get the faces of those kids, crying with joy, out of my mind. Very touching compilation. Makes you appreciate what truly matters in life. And how many things can be said without saying much.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

oh i know, just their reactions is what gets me.. just knowing that all their nights of wondering are all gone and they can finally have their loved one back from a dangerous place

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Now that Iraq is supposedly free, it can have all the people whether civilian or soldier safe in the knowledge of what they died for & can happily decompose under a flag of freedom.
edit on 18-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join