It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thou shalt not commit adultery. And thou also shalt not use Facebook.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That’s the edict from a New Jersey pastor who feels the two often go together. The Rev. Cedric Miller said 20 couples among the 1,100 members of his Living Word Christian Fellowship Church have run into marital trouble over the last six months after a spouse connected with an ex-flame over Facebook. Because of the problems, he is ordering about 50 married church officials to delete their accounts with the social networking site or resign from their leadership positions. He had previously asked married congregants to share their login information with their spouses and now plans to suggest that they give up Facebook altogether.

I really don't get the Facebook and all it's one-sided self-promotion, I rather prefer natural human contact.If I have any contact with people on the internet,it's strictly anonymous.
On the other hand I don't need The Rev. Cedric Miller ordering me to delete my accounts.

philadelphia.cbslocal.com... nj-church-leaders-thou-shalt-not-facebook/
edit on 17-11-2010 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I guess you don't have to be the government to set yourself up as a demi-god and this pastor has indeed. It would be best for the congregates if they let the pastor have the church and go elsewhere. They don't need a little Hitler telling them what to do and the world has enough of these people as it is. My best

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

Is FB the problem, or is the Rev losing control of the flock?I think censorship is sending the wrong message.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
All I know about this guy is what you've posted, but it sounds to me like his heart's in the right place... however it's a knee-jerk reaction that is kinda ridiculous. The thing is, if you as a person think that you may become adulterous because of facebook, and this is an issue to you, then you shouldn't be on facebook. Easy. But others will never have this problem and there's no need for them not to use it. Social networks can be a great thing to keep in touch with family and friends who are out of reach/touch. I don't believe God would have you not use facebook. I believe He'd have you not be an adulterer. If the two go hand in hand, then ditch fb. Otherwise go have some fun, imho.

Is the pastor losing control of his flock? Well, you can teach people all day long but they still make up their own mind about things. You will never find a church full of perfect people, and you will never find a perfect pastor. Perfect people don't exist, except the plastic cyborgs in Hollywood
. Thank God we commoners have Jesus to wipe our sins away!
edit on 18-11-2010 by RapturedNotBeamed because: (no reason given)

join