It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Case for Faith" - Does Lee Strobel have a case?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have my BA in Anthropology, so "naturally" I subscribe to a belief in evolution. I work with a very devout Christian, and she approached me the other day about my faith. I told her I'm "soul-searching" (Isn't that a classic line?!
.)

I don't have any solid beliefs in faith and in truth, I am kind of searching around. Well, I saw it comnig from a mile away, but she asked me "Would you like to know about the Truth?" I wanted to roll my eyes so bad and sarcastically exlaim "OMG, Yes! Tell me now and save my soul!"

She's such a nice person tho, and I caved in and said I would read this book of hers for her. So she hands me "The Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel earlier this afternoon. Now I've heard his name tossed around before, and hey, he looks like a nice enough guy, right?

Before I get too far in this book...
...I was wondering what kind of comments are to be had on this man and his work. I don't want to be bias but as you can tell, I'm kinda already sharpening one edge of my knife with regards to my general opinion of the Christian faith.

[edit on 6/30/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

[Edited on 7/1/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

new topics

join