It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Rockefeller Attacking Free Speech Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, good old Jay is at it again. I'm not a fan of television, and especially Fox news, but I certaintly don't want to lose our First Amendment. Cass Sunstein came out this year denouncing conspiracy theories, suggested we censor the internet and employ a fairness doctrine. I think it was 2007 when Jay denounced the internet. In the midst of the Food Safety Bill this week and the TSA debacle- It seems like TPTB are accelerating their agenda and creating mass confusion. ordo ab chaos

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
After his statements which were tantamount to 'the internet should be shut down' (in a veil like it was TPTB's biggest mistake), this theatrical is expected... It is a good sign that hard money can still get you elected in some states.... Why else would folks like this still be around Washington. He should complain to Al who invented the Internet... Thanks, Al...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The internet makes way too many people too much money.
It's never going to be shut down!!! Ha ha...Well I hope not.
Censored? Perhaps in the future...but WHAT I LOVE ABOUT AMERICA..
IS THAT....
WE STICK TO THAT CONSTITUTION AS IF IT WERE THE MOST PRECIOUS JEWEL IN THE UNIVERSE.
They may try to ridicule it, touch some points of it, or abuse but we do fight for it and we always will until we lose it BY FORCE..or die in protecting it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I was going to post this video but you beat me to it. This is how they think and it shouldn't surprise anyone. If we didn't know what they were doing we'd be much easier to control. This ranks right up there with John Kerry's constant insults.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i think it was beasty boys who once claimed"you gota fight for your right to par-tey!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
He's violating the oath he took to get his job working for us.

How do we hold him accountable for violating his oath??

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
From my point of view there is no left or right. Both are pretty centrists, just either side of center.

Foxnews does not support anarchy do they, while msnbc does not support nationlising everything including all lands, and companies.

There is no real left or right, just left or right just of the centrists view. This is why democracy is a con, and both sides are virtually the same. The only difference being cons believe in god, while dems do not. Thats the only real difference. But they will pretend that there is like this big divide, no there is not.

Cfr runs the white house, no matter if dems or reps are in, the white house staff is full of people picked and chosen, not by the voters.

I think what he is sick off is that fox and msnbc are always trying to have a go at one another instead of doing real news, lol.
edit on 11/18/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow.

This is really sneaky. I love how he plays on the current anti-partisan sentiment in this country (i.e. "I'm tired of the right and the left") to advocate using the heavy hand of the state to shut down media outlets. I promise you that is not what the average American who is sick of the right and the left considers the solution to the problem. If anything this sort of tyrannical bull# is exactly what these Americans are sick of.

Say what you will about the MSM but I'd rather see them fade into obscurity as the truth is spread across the Internet, than set a precedent that we can just shut down any media outlet our dear leaders find disturbing. In fact I can even see a possible conspiracy element to this: First shut down a couple MSM outlets, but the real purpose is to set the precedent that this can be done, and then finally start going after various Internet outlets which these people have not yet been able to tame and which are a much bigger threat to TPTB by virtue of their not being part of the pyramid.

All I have to say is, I don't like this at all.

[re-posted the reply I made to the other thread since this thread won the contest]

edit on 18-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lol.

That woman behind him seems to be trying to hold back from rolling her eyes. She almost does it at one point.

This guy is a hack.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jumbocat

Well as much as a propaganda machine these two networks are we supposedly have the right to a free market place of ideas. I know that freedom is not popular with this lot (Senators) but if we don’t like what FOX or MSNBC has to say we do have the right to change the channel.

Jay Rockefeller is the emblem of elitism a lousy, self-righteous, and arrogant tyrant who wants to seize our liberty. Calling out the threats to our society is politically incorrect but saying you want to silence the media is politically correct? When the hell did our morals and standards degrade to this level?

Maybe this will be his way for the Rockefeller's to launch their 100% own media corporation to replace all the competition? Then they can teach us about loving the state, obeying the elite, and to hate those who dare to do such radical things as ask questions.

Well this would make me happy, I don’t know about ol’ Jay though.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/294073245ce8.png[/atsimg]

top topics

join