It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska event solved after 102 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was just responding to a thread regarding a connection to The Los Angeles missile and Tunguska taiga. I went to look up some info on it and found this.

english.pravda.ru...

It seems a group of researchers have discovered One of the crash sites from a fragment from a comet.

102 years after the fall of the famous celestial body in Tunguska taiga, scientists finally managed to identify the crash site of one of its fragments and examine the unusual composition of the substance of this space creature. The study was conducted using a unique instrument - GPR. As a result, it was proved that it was not a meteorite, but a comet.

Also note that there where eyewitnesses to this account.

"I was swinging my ax when the sky in the north has divided into two parts and a fire appeared in it above the forest, which covered the entire northern part of the sky. At that moment I felt so hot, as if my shirt was on fire. I wanted to tear and throw off my shirt, but the sky slammed shut and there was a strong blow. I was dropped off the porch and blown away.

So hopefully this mystery can be laid to rest once and for all.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I had always had an interest in this event. And i must admit i always believed it was some type of experiment gone wrong. For those of you who have not heard of this here is the wiki link..

en.wikipedia.org...

For me this is good news. To many conspiracy's and not enough real answers. So hopefully this will satisfy those who thought different. I know i am.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
O.k. It seems there are people on the web that are claiming this is a bad translation form russian to english. So i will post the untranslated version here.

www.pravda.ru...

Now if anyone here can read russian and let me know how close the translation is. It would really help.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
A) Its pravda

B) This kind of find would be far from conclusive evidence about what happened at Tunguska.

Not to say that this explanation is not possible or even probable however...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seenitall

So far it is the only proof as far as i see. In the past it has always been just speculation. Are you saying that these findings are false?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Do you actually believe anything you read on Pravda?

That's your first mistake.

It could very well be true though. But I'll believe it more readily when I read it elsewhere.
edit on 19-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

Do you actually believe anything you read on Pravda?

That's your first mistake.

It could very well be true though. But I'll believe it more readily when I read it elsewhere.
edit on 19-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

Im sorry i didnt know anything about pravda being unreliable. I know i have been a member since 2007 but i didnt log on for 2 years until october of this year. So knowing this i can see now how this is just more bull most likely. I just looked up more on this to see if i could find it anywhere else, And i see it is not fact.

But i did find something even more spectacular. I didnt know that this object had changed direction before it exploded. Here are many pages of detail on the subject.

www.andras-nagy.com...

Lots to read here. about 12 pages worth. Seems to point towards a very precise craft or rocket of some sort.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So can anyone tell me how to change the title to this? I want to update it and put the source in the title so people wont waist there time.I am not one to try to gain stars and flags by posting bunk info.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Don't sweat it man. We all learned "the hard way" not to trust Pravda.

They started out as soviet propaganda, and retain their market share by spewing sensationalized tabloidesque lies.

But they do *appear* to be legitimate, at first glance. Don't be so hard on yourself.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Well i still want to change the title. I saw a post earlier that had a source provided by beforethenews and just learned about that site to. B.T.W they are the only other source of this story. I seen that after you guys told me about pravda.

top topics

join