It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas chainsaw massacre films

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hi all, I recently saw the movies for the TCM. I have to admit, besides the remake and TCM 2 the others where a bit of a let down. The prequel to TCM remake wasnt too bad, in that it showed how the characters ended up IE no teeth on the cop, guys with no legs etc (though im still wondering who and where that other woman came from, the one in the caravan who drugs here with the tea, not the big lady the other one?).

Any opinions? Overall not bad, but nothing great. I personally didnt think the original was that great. The second had a schlock type feel to it which made it essentially a typical 80s comedy horror and the remake imo was better then the first. Again not every one will agree with me for that but the original wasnt bad just couldnt get into it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I've never liked any of the TCM films, they're exactly the kind of Torture horror that I hate
My script editor friend loves it though so maybe I'm missing something
edit on 17-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The original film is the only one that I would still watch. It looks like a really old scary movie now compared to when it was released in the past.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Probably not... Gorefest horror comedy is one of those things that you either like or hate. Personally, I have to be in the mood for it. It's been years since I've seen these films...but they weren't that memorable for me, but I did like the remake better...remember that much.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The original, and then the remake of the original are the only ones I find worth it.

The one with Matthew McConaughy, Kinky Freidman (I think he's in that one too) and Renne Zelwigger is just terrible.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Love the original the most. That grainy, kinda out of focus feel it has to really adds to the freak out factor for me. The remake was pretty good to. However the second one was horriable! I sat down to watch it expecting a horror movie and found some slap stick comedy. I did finish it and it was pretty funny just not TCM at all.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The second TCM was very much 80s schlock with leatherface dancing on the back of the car as he drives by them? Or at least it looks like he was dancing lol. TCM was very short and boring, even with viggo moretensen in an early role here the movie didn thave any thingthe previous movies have and also what appears to be the fraction of the budget also. How did leatherface meet this new family? Who are they? Nothing at all explained.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I enjoy all of them with the exception of "Next Generation"....
And I'm still waiting for the "Leatherface vs. Micheal Myers" movie- anyone else?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hmm never thought of Leatherface vs. Michael Myers. Might be interesting though.

Chainsaw vs.butcher knife.

Mask vs. mask.

Oh the humanity!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
hmm that could work but I leatherface would kick ass here

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

i agree completly. But can you imagine, neither one of them speaks. We would have an hour and a half of grunts, groans and screams, puncuated by the sound of a chainsaw revving and a buther knife going "Shink!".

I think it would still be better than most of the crap Hollywood is putting out today, though.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Exterior Texas, a dark rainy night, lightening cuts through the air, a lone car pulls up to the gates of a forbidding mental asylum

Guard: Oh Noes LeatherFace has broken out of his cell, and it's only two days till Halloween, I sure hope we catch him again.

Exterior (wherever Michael Myers lives) , a dark rainy night, lightening cuts through the air, a lone car pulls up to the gates of a forbidding mental asylum

Guard: Oh Noes Michael Myers has broken out of his cell, and it's only two days till Halloween, I sure hope we catch him again

Rest of the movie. Interior, college girls bedroom.

College girl: Hey I'm having a nude Halloween party with all of my sexy college friends, Oh noes, what's that behind the curtain..
AGhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

That's awesome! LOL
And how come I never get invited to any of these nude Halloween parties??

edit on 20-11-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Oh that is to fuuny. But just this once couldn't we kinda shake things up a bit and have a nude halloween part at a frat house? You knowm us ladies like a little eye candy everyonce in a while, to

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The TCM movies made me feel sick

top topics

join