It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live in a old house.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
and my wife and I bought it from her grandmother. Her grandfather has long since passed. but they only owned it since the 1940's but the house was built in 1860. Well sometimes, I get the feeling that I am not alone.

When I recently rebuilt the garage and attached it to the house, strange things started to happen.

Not like the Amityville Horror kind of strange, but un-explained nonetheless.

Sitting at the kitchen table, I would hear doors slamming, the sound coming from the new addition.

I would think, that maybe I had an intruder, and would go check it out, only to find all doors secure and locked.

This would happen once or twice a day.

After a month or so, I was fed up with the situation.

I had been drinking, and heard the door slam, and I walked fast to the addition of the house, and yelled loud, "This is MY house, get OUT!".

I haven't had any doors slammed since, that was about 4 months ago.

True story. I feel if you are afraid, you feed uninvited guests, but if you are strong, you are in command.

What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I believe you. I moved into a house at the begining of the year and immediatly i knew there was something not write about the house. Both of the previouse owners died ( in the house i think). The first thing i did was talk out loud to the "ghost". I let them know that i was not hear to harm their house and i would respect it and to please stop. I can't say that i had doors slamming but i could feel i was being watched and not alone. We did have the dishwasher randomly turn itself on once and that same morning the basement door "opened ' itself and let the cat out. Ever since i had the chat with the "ghost" I have not had any weird feelings or happenings. Now my wife on the other hand has had weird things happen, nothing major just the hearing of footsteps and such (can't remember all of what she said, I was not really listening to all she was saying.) But i told her that i asked the ghost to stop and that she should too, I also asked them to stop bugging her.
This does sound weird to some people i suppose but i know what i felt and if it happened to others they would kknow it too.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeshsamp

I believe you. I moved into a house at the begining of the year and immediatly i knew there was something not write about the house. Both of the previouse owners died ( in the house i think). The first thing i did was talk out loud to the "ghost". I let them know that i was not hear to harm their house and i would respect it and to please stop. I can't say that i had doors slamming but i could feel i was being watched and not alone. We did have the dishwasher randomly turn itself on once and that same morning the basement door "opened ' itself and let the cat out. Ever since i had the chat with the "ghost" I have not had any weird feelings or happenings. Now my wife on the other hand has had weird things happen, nothing major just the hearing of footsteps and such (can't remember all of what she said, I was not really listening to all she was saying.) But i told her that i asked the ghost to stop and that she should too, I also asked them to stop bugging her.
This does sound weird to some people i suppose but i know what i felt and if it happened to others they would kknow it too.

Amazing story, but if you tell me, I know its true.

My wife once told me a story, that she and my son heard someone run across the kitchen floor, but when they looked nobody was there.

There is more to this world than we can know or imagine.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That's really creepy....

My grandmother lived in an old house and I always felt as if I was being watched, would hear noises and such upstairs and felt this terrible uneasy/watched feeling when in view of/on the second floor landing. I only heard a few weird things, but I remember having this completely terrible, unexplained fear of this one room in the house since I was very young

I wish I'd done what you did...
edit on 11/17/2010 by SFlowers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Wow how interesting! Guess he didnt like the garage? I lived in Germany for 5 years and the house i lived in was over 100 years old and it used to be the poor peoples hospital/barber/dentist! no joke.So you know people died in it? My wifes in the AF so she got stuck on nightshift cuz she was new,when i would lay down and just start to get sleepy i could hear "bussiness" going on? it sounded busy downstairs is the only way to describe it. It drove me nuts i would get up and go downstairs but of course nothing was there. We had a Craftsman coffee pot that didn't have the auto setting so i would get the coffee all ready and in the morning i would turn it on and hit the shower get the kids going. One very early morning i woke up to the smell of coffee? i went downstairs and yup the coffee was bitter and had evaporated a few cups? which meant it had been on for several hours. A week later i was drinking apple schnaaps and got really buzzed and i screamed THIS IS MY HOUSE AND I MAKE THE GD COFFEE GOT IT? it never happened again. Thought i'd share.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Remodeling an old house will disturb the residual energies of the home, thus resulting in a miriad of residual hauntings- which are noises, sounds, and visual disturbances of the past. That is why remodeling a home will result in an increase in paranormal acities that MOST people will perceive as a "haunting" but is infact nothing more than paranormal activity.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinkingzombie

Wow how interesting! Guess he didnt like the garage? I lived in Germany for 5 years and the house i lived in was over 100 years old and it used to be the poor peoples hospital/barber/dentist! no joke.So you know people died in it? My wifes in the AF so she got stuck on nightshift cuz she was new,when i would lay down and just start to get sleepy i could hear "bussiness" going on? it sounded busy downstairs is the only way to describe it. It drove me nuts i would get up and go downstairs but of course nothing was there. We had a Craftsman coffee pot that didn't have the auto setting so i would get the coffee all ready and in the morning i would turn it on and hit the shower get the kids going. One very early morning i woke up to the smell of coffee? i went downstairs and yup the coffee was bitter and had evaporated a few cups? which meant it had been on for several hours. A week later i was drinking apple schnaaps and got really buzzed and i screamed THIS IS MY HOUSE AND I MAKE THE GD COFFEE GOT IT? it never happened again. Thought i'd share.

WOW. That's is cool. I got mad too. Maybe yelling at them works?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I hear where you are coming from. We bought a house early last year. The original stonework, all be it a very small section, dates back to about the 12th or 13th century. the main part of the house was built during the French revolution, the bricks being taken from the castle that stood on the hill behind the house. This was destroyed in 1798. The rest of the house has been work in progress ever since.

Within a week of us moving in, we felt something was there with us. However, in our case, we found it to be friendly and comforting. We are happy there and feel quite secure at nights.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Put some revolving doors and see if they can slam those ones. If they do then get the hell out of there

Joke aside, if you have these experiences again you should document it. If things become hostile you should call a priest? or some other psychic.

Or maybe its the wind? ...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've lived in very hold homes, very new homes, and everything in between. There were spooks in every last one of them. Ghosts are everywhere. Spooks are everywhere. Spirits are everywhere. It's a crap shoot as to what you get. As for the control issue - you can invite certain ones in, but others come anyways. It's just the way it is.

Smudging used to help us. I can't do it now (health reasons).
But smudging definately made a peaceful difference.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have an old house about the same age , built in the late 1800,s It was my grandparents house, they bought it in the 1940,s , I belive there was only one other family before that.

Anyway I have heard lots of noises through the night etc,but I dont think there are any "Ghost" , just rattling window panes , an ocasional mouse running /scatching in the walls, The occasioal bat flyng around at night , an old door that doesnt fit properly moves open or closes depending on the wind / pressures in the drafty old house etc etc.....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I've lived in very hold homes, very new homes, and everything in between. There were spooks in every last one of them. Ghosts are everywhere. Spooks are everywhere. Spirits are everywhere. It's a crap shoot as to what you get. As for the control issue - you can invite certain ones in, but others come anyways. It's just the way it is.

Smudging used to help us. I can't do it now (health reasons).
But smudging definately made a peaceful difference.

Thanks for the reply, but I have to ask, what is smudging?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Great post and thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

That's a good point about the door slamming.

The door to my childhood bedroom had the door jam split thanks to us overzealous kids. We removed the strike plate and repaired the split. For some reason we never replaced the strike plate. As a result, the door has a little bit of "give" to it. Now, whenever there is a strong breeze and the window is open, the door rattles a bit as the pressure change makes it shift.

This was a newly constructed house. Newer houses are built fairly air tight, so a window has to be open. Older houses leak air like a sieve so you can get these pressure changes even with the windows closed that could make your doors rattle or even slam shut; particularly if the door in question is in a more "air-tight" addition on an older house.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nice post!

I dont claim to have had a similar experience in any way to yours but I too live in an old building, an orphanage that was converted into apartments. Sometimes I "feel" like someone is here with me, and on more than a few occasions I have had a "feeling" that someone has just walked / ran past me. A few of those times its been just before my partner has came home from work ... strange.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
and my wife and I bought it from her grandmother. Her grandfather has long since passed. but they only owned it since the 1940's but the house was built in 1860. Well sometimes, I get the feeling that I am not alone.

When I recently rebuilt the garage and attached it to the house, strange things started to happen.

Not like the Amityville Horror kind of strange, but un-explained nonetheless.

Sitting at the kitchen table, I would hear doors slamming, the sound coming from the new addition.

I would think, that maybe I had an intruder, and would go check it out, only to find all doors secure and locked.

This would happen once or twice a day.

After a month or so, I was fed up with the situation.

I had been drinking, and heard the door slam, and I walked fast to the addition of the house, and yelled loud, "This is MY house, get OUT!".

I haven't had any doors slammed since, that was about 4 months ago.

True story. I feel if you are afraid, you feed uninvited guests, but if you are strong, you are in command.

What do you guys think?

Geez, what if it was the ghosts of your wife's relatives, and they were just hanging out there to look after you guys or something, because they loved you, and were acting as your guardian angels or something, and now you went and scared them away.

That doesn't seem very kind to me.

What I want to know is what happens if you really went and offended by yelling at them, and demanding that they leave their chosen "haunt" and now they are just waiting to come back for revenge. What if, instead of being caught between two "realms", like a purgatory or something, your tirade made them slip past some sort of spiritual plane and possibly into hell, and now they are insane, and enraged, and on their way back to share some of their hell with you.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I totally agree.

I recently had an issue with my son saying there was a man in his room at night (no pedo jokes please!) - it went on for ages and I must admit the room did feel wrong, kind of odd - and all ways felt like there was someone there. Anyway Its an old house and when we mooved in I had someone come round and sort it as it felty very bad upstairs, also the lady who lived here prior to us died upstairs. The lay who came over to sort it told me that I was in charge and if I wanted them gone I had to do it. So I got her round again and she confirmed something was going on. That night I went in and told him to leave. I told him it was my house and he had to leave. And it worked.

I think youre right about feeding it with fear and think that all you have to do is tell them to go and they will...or hopefully will...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
...seems like yesterday but it was long ago - i moved into a 113yr old farm house with my dog and cat (who thought he was a coyote)... the previous occupants had been very elderly... one died in the house and the others moved into a nursing home...

...that first night, just about the time i drifted off to sleep, a LOUD very threatening sound woke me up... i thought someone was beating on the side of the house with a baseball bat or crowbar...

...the dog was howling - the cat was arched up like a coyote and snarling - my legs felt like jello but i managed to yell, "not funny! - i'm callin the cops! - and i got a broom! - and i aint afraid to use it!"... the noise stopped... the animals calmed down... i thought - this has to be a joke...

...the first thing the next morning, the sink fell off of the bathroom wall, barely missing my feet... i was not a happy camper... to get back at the ghost(s) with the sick sense of humor, i played music all day - good LOUD stuff like stevie ray vaughan, zztop, bb king, dire straits, four tops, temptations. asleep at the wheel...

...went to bed around midnight, totally exhausted from unpacking and making my nest... the LOUD banging started again... madder than a wet hen, i grabbed my broom and stomped off to beat the stew out of whoever was playing this joke on me... it was the hot water heater...

...another little tidbit about that old house... it was so drafty that the breeze would make my curtains sway... when company noticed, i said it was my ghosties... some of them actually believed me...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wouldner what the wiring is like?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join