It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was ground zero so hot for so long?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've always wondered this, especially seeing as the collapses would have smothered any fires.

The fires weren't exactly raging when the towers came down.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
1. Lots of fuel, the contents of the buildings and av fuel,

2. There was an entire complex of subway tunnels and shops beneath the WTC,

Result: Ground Zero was basically a classic Boy Scout campfire fueled from below with plenty of oxygen.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

Result: Ground Zero was basically a classic Boy Scout campfire fueled from below with plenty of oxygen.

As for lots of fuel, that would have burnt out before and if anything was left would have been completely diluted by all the rubble!

What do subways and shops have to do with heat?

Classic boy scout camp fire? It wasn't a camp fire, it was a building collapse that consumed all fire, you can see it being smothered on the way down, all flames extinguished.

These is totally implausible theories.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist

As for lots of fuel, that would have burnt out before and if anything was left would have been completely diluted by all the rubble!

Classic boy scout camp fire? It wasn't a camp fire, it was a building collapse that consumed all fire, you can see it being smothered on the way down, all flames extinguished.

Actually disgustingfatbody described the situation very well. But no doubt you think it was due to super nano dupa whatever, unknown to science but held by the NWO in bucket fulls.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Actually disgustingfatbody described the situation very well. But no doubt you think it was due to super nano dupa whatever, unknown to science but held by the NWO in bucket fulls.

I don't think he did, it's just not plausible. I guess you are both entitled to your theories, but I just cannot see how that is possible. There would have been no heat source because the fire went out on the way down, and only a small fraction at the top was affected by fire.

The top section fell onto the bottom section, and the bottom section was the majority of the building. You can see the fire extinguishing on the way down. So without any fire, and everything smothered by the pulverised main part of the building, you don't have the necessary components to even compare to a scout fire, which has no relevance at all.

As for super nano thermite, I never brought that up, but I do know how it behaves. What is the NWO?!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

A classic campfire is fed by oxygen from below. The subterranean aspect of the WTC assured that the fire was well-supplied with oxygen from below.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

A classic campfire is fed by oxygen from below. The subterranean aspect of the WTC assured that the fire was well-supplied with oxygen from below.

What has a camp fire got to do with a skyscraper collapsing? Nothing!

What fire? The fire was in the top section that went out on the way down due to being smothered, and there was so much rubble and dust, that the fire was starved of oxygen.

Totally implausible. I take it you didn't see the collapse, or don't understand fires?!

Intelligent answers welcome, fantasy theories wont suffice.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Since it's you who do not understand the basic dynamics of fire, what is your explanation?

You seem to think yourself an expert.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

What fire? The fire was in the top section that went out on the way down due to being smothered, and there was so much rubble and dust, that the fire was starved of oxygen.

Totally implausible. I take it you didn't see the collapse, or don't understand fires?!

Intelligent answers welcome, fantasy theories wont suffice.

Ok, I'll have a go at some intelligent questions

1. How does dust remove oxygen from the air?
2. What happens when the dust clears, what stops autoignition?
3. What alternate explanation is there for the length of fires?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Since it's you who do not understand the basic dynamics of fire, what is your explanation?

You seem to think yourself an expert.

The basics of a fire is that if it's smothered and starved of oxygen it goes out. Can't be more simpler than that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It does not take an engineer to understand that a common camp fire or whatever cannot go on till mid-December with all the efforts of firefighters. This alone rules out conventional explosives and the mystic nanothermite. The jet fuel and office fires too.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonJuan
It does not take an engineer to understand that a common camp fire or whatever cannot go on till mid-December with all the efforts of firefighters. This alone rules out conventional explosives and the mystic nanothermite. The jet fuel and office fires too.

I don't understand why it rules out the office fires. Offices contain huge quantities of flammable materials, and something like 200 unburned floors just got dumped all over ground zero. Literal tons of paper will burn for a long time, and there were sources of oxygen underneath the pile.

There's no other plausible explanation, thermite does not generate heat over a long enough period.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent
I don't understand why it rules out the office fires. Offices contain huge quantities of flammable materials, and something like 200 unburned floors just got dumped all over ground zero. Literal tons of paper will burn for a long time, and there were sources of oxygen underneath the pile.

There's no other plausible explanation, thermite does not generate heat over a long enough period.

Paper, being watered, burns for 3 months and generates a lot of heat? You do not have to be a professional to understand that it is impossible, but just using common sense.

Thermite of course cannot generate heat over long period. Maybe hours, but not weeks!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
» how many stories were the twin towers?

» did they fall into two piles or one big pile?

» exactly how long did the pile(s) burn?

» did the f.d. spray water on it the entire time or did they let it burn?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonJuan

Originally posted by exponent

Paper, being watered, burns for 3 months and generates a lot of heat? You do not have to be a professional to understand that it is impossible, but just using common sense.

Thermite of course cannot generate heat over long period. Maybe hours, but not weeks!

I think they sent you in to cause confusion, I've read your comments and you swing both ways, you cant believe the OS and be and not believe it at the same time. However, I agree with 50% of what you say, the other 50% seems designed to uphold the OS.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ask any fire fighter. They get called back to the same house fire after they have poured thousands of gallons of water on it.

Also google the coal fire in Centrailia PA. It's been burning since the 60's.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I think they sent you in to cause confusion, I've read your comments and you swing both ways, you cant believe the OS and be and not believe it at the same time. However, I agree with 50% of what you say, the other 50% seems designed to uphold the OS.

I give you 2 points.
1 for realizing that they "they send people in to cause confusion"
1 for checking the poster's beliefs.

I suggest you to think about what kind of people they would send and with what kind of information to achieve better efficiency in hiding the truth.
The only opinion you can trust is yours, based on multiple sources of information.

OS is too weak to be attacked here and the most ATS members do not believe it already, and I have no fun debating it. It is more difficult with the mainstream truthers theories instead.
OS is Level 1 lie. Once you pass it, you are on Level 2 lies, the Truth movement theories.Once you realize, that they are designed to hide the truth, you are on Level 3, maybe still not the final...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me how fire on the top floors effects the bottom of the tower and it's entire support? Are you trying to say all the heat on the top floors would have reached the bottom to cause the structure to collapese in such a manner? Get real.

If it was that easy controlled demolition wouldn't take days to set up.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

I watched "inside 9/11" and had to wonder myself how one-third of the structure on fire could cause the other two-thirds to collapse. twice.

that fact is the biggest reason I believe there was something else going on.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The basics of a fire is that if it's smothered and starved of oxygen it goes out. Can't be more simpler than that.

So how was it smothered....?

The debris pile had plenty of voids for oxygen to enter and plenty of fuel to burn.

look around room - almost everything there will burn. Modern buildings are full of combustibles including in an
office tons and tons of paper

Deep seated fires like that can smoulder for weeks if not months, there is a fire in abandoned coal mine
in Centralia Pennsylvania which has been burning for 50 years

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join