It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinoasurs and metaphysics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was reading a rather new theory from Rabbi Ginsburgh of inner.org who believes that dinosaurs may in fact be fossils of a spiritual, and not a material origin.

To appreciate this you have to be knowledgeable of kabbalistic cosmology, in the creation of reality..

to understand let me just preface this with the 'creation of reality' as explained by kabbalah. Basically, there are 4 worlds, emenation, creation, formation and action. In the human experience, we experience these dimensions as action, the physical world about us and our perception of it with 5 senses. The world of emotion, and formation, which deals with patterns and laws. Above this is an abstract world of thought and intelligences, responsible for archetypes and primordial concepts. And above this is a very etheric world that is contiguous with the divine. \

Above these 4 worlds is a world called AdaM Kadmon. Adam Kadmon is broke up into 3 stages. Akudim, Nekudim and Berudim. These are 'primordial worlds' that essentially are beyond time and so encompass reality in general. The form is a world points/energy. The next is a world which the Torah calls 'tohu" chaos. This is the worrld of the broken vessels, as its called in kabbalah. In this world, all of reality is 'broken' and is in need of repair. This world Rabbi Ginsburgh suggests materializes in this world as 'fossils' of prehistoric 'monsters' "ie dinosaurs, who are in fact, according to him, fossils of our spiritual past, and only materialize in this dimension by virtue of this world being a consequence of higher worlds.

Its an interesting idea. I dont necessarily believe it because theres many other fossils which we know are indeed simply physical fossil of extinct creatures. But, its interesting nonetheless. It is also helpful to understand that mysticism sees this world as a projection of a archetypal reality which manifests its concepts and wisdom to us through concrete physical forms.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
while i love to read about different theories that has got to be one of the more strange ones ive read ( ancient aliens is a bit of a stretch whilst prevailing humanity with lost sciences being my prefered opinion) at the end of the day anyone can come up with a story more relevant thn the next just because it is taught in school does not mean it is correct or factual....ats taught me this :-)
edit on 17-11-2010 by ACEWARDOG because: i cnt spell lol

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What?
Here is a fact:
If you were alive 200 million years ago you would have
been a dinosaur and not for a day but for about 140 million
years while they ruled the Earth.
Can you imagine being a dinosaur for 140 million years.
That is the Reality we exist in.
There were no people back then.
We are the descendants of the dinosaurs.
Doesnt that blow your mind?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACEWARDOG
while i love to read about different theories that has got to be one of the more strange ones ive read ( ancient aliens is a bit of a stretch whilst prevailing humanity with lost sciences being my prefered opinion) at the end of the day anyone can come up with a story more relevant thn the next just because it is taught in school does not mean it is correct or factual....ats taught me this :-)
edit on 17-11-2010 by ACEWARDOG because: i cnt spell lol

On the surface, it does appear very strange.

But if you read some Kabbalah, Etz chayim (tree of life, of Isaac Luria) which in itself contains a mystical theology which can be found in all the advanced traditions (minus the detailed discussions of the world of berudim/tikkun) the world over, you would be forced to acknowledge the logic that is used.

The kabbalistic cosmology explained in Etz Chayim is in my opinion the most impressive codification of a layered universe in all the study of metaphysics. You will not find one so neatly presented as the kabbalistic one.

So with that, and the knowledge that each thing in this world reflects its cosmic source, as the manifestation of a spiritual principle/concept in physical reality, its believable that fossils from our distant past (millions of years back) are the manifest relic of the world of 'Nekudim' (chaos, broken vessels) just as its understood in mystical thought, that the 4 kingdoms in nature, Man, Animal, Plant and Innanimate, correspond to the 4 kabbalistic worlds i mentioned earlier, to Emenation (connection to the divine), creation, formation and action. So its in other words the materializing of this primordial world, in the physical world, as a fossil, an ancient bone (essence. In Hebrew, the word for essence, also means bone) of creatures which are of gargantuan and reptilian nature (reptiles, snakes, are epitomized as the most 'cunning' of creatures - it therefore refer to the cunning, or dysfunction, of the primordial worlds) whose memory is preserved beneath the 'layers' of earth.

I hope you see how all of the above is purely metaphorical.

The implications are however enormously alien to what wed probably believe. Its suggesting taht this world is bound up with other dimensions of existence, and that what we see here is a concretization of spiritual 'worlds' - concepts, which give shape and hence, "formation (the world of formation) to the physical world we experience.

It is believable - given all the above. But one is also forced to look at the othe side of the argument which says dinosaurs existed in a physical sense millions of years ago. Maybe, i venture, they existed in both ways. Maybe that long distance physical past corresponds to the metaphysical concept of the 'world of chaos' which precedes the void. But if thats true, what relevance does the physical past of dinosaurs have if no one was there to experience it (in truth, only humans are able to 'know' something, whereras other creatures are the knowledge projected outward, experience projected outward, manifesting the will of the absolute. Whereas humans have a unique ability to choose its nature, as it can be either good or evil). Thus, if they exist only in the 'memory' of the earth, than there is an implication that the fossils are purely spiritual (in that memory, is a spiritual function) 'fossils' and not physical.

Anyways, this is going too deep into philosophy. Im not sure, as the idea is quite a fabulous one and in light of what we currently know, it appears unlikely.
edit on 17-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by dontreally

What?
Here is a fact:
If you were alive 200 million years ago you would have
been a dinosaur and not for a day but for about 140 million
years while they ruled the Earth.
Can you imagine being a dinosaur for 140 million years.
That is the Reality we exist in.
There were no people back then.
We are the descendants of the dinosaurs.
Doesnt that blow your mind?

No, it doesnt.

if youre a dog, you dont know youre a dog.

If youre an insect, you do not know
if your a cricket, you dont know
nor a tree, or any other creature.

Of course there a verying degrees of intelligences distributed amongst the animal and vegetable kingdoms, probably with apes, dogs, amongst the most emotionally evolved, but emotion, is not the same as cognition. Cognition necessitates self consciousness, which no creatures other than human beings possess. Thus, you would be unconsciously, a dog. You would definitely be alvie, except the question of being alive wouldfnt matter, what would matter to you are the basic behavioral traits unqiue to your species. So, if i was a dinosaur, id probably think like a dinosaur, which wouldnt be anymore interesting to me than being a dung beattle. Both are equally 'unconscious' of their own existence, and so the question is moot.

As for humans being 'the descendants' of dinosaurs.

Um, no i do not subscribe to that insanity. Its much more likely to me that humans come from a different galaxy, as opposed to being descended from dinosaurs, as evolution surmises (being, a theory, and not a fact. Various people have objected to evolition on very good grounds. Im not completely against it, though i do think if it is true its connected to a parralel spiritual evolution responsible for what we call evolution on the physical level). And in the end of the day, what wer dinosaurs descended from, and before that, and before that? and than you arrive at the prime cause, the ineffable infinite light, responsible for all of existence and reality. Dinosaurs even if they are a physical in between are not any more relevant than the belief that man are 'apes'. To me, theres hardly a difference between an animal ape and dinosaur. They are both completely unconscious.

Think about the drastically different experience of reality, humans have, and what dinosaurs and apes have. You have apes today, and dinosaurs millions of years ago. And us, just 5771 years ago, developing civilization, technology, going into space.

We are clearly two different classes of creature, only resembling in a physical sense and not a spiritual sense. The difference is as enormous as any quantum leap. An area is not a line, but more than a line. A line doesnt produce anything very interesting, besides 1 pount here and 1 point there. An area is a drastically different dimension of existence. The above analogy is cognate to the difference between humans and animals. Animals are a line. I see something my instincts desire, and i go for it. Humans are an area, i see something, than i THINK about that said thing, and than i act. Like an area - a 3 dimensional reality. Dinosaurs and and all animals, despite being millions of years apart, are of the line - 2 dimensional reality group, whereas Humans are 3rd dimensional, an 'area', and we have just become relevant in a 'time' sense, just 5771 years ago, with the beginnings of civilization at Sumer.

So.. It would be pretty crazy if this idea ended up being true. It would change our understanding reality drastically. Spiritual, abstract dimensions projecting into this world as physical objects. Time is one mysterious mofo.

edit on 17-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

if youre a dog, you dont know youre a dog.

A dog is more conscious spiritually than a human being. They dont have to know they are dog , they just be.
Humans dont know what they are and exist in a perpetual state of confusion and seeking.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Even more mind blowing is that it's ALWAYS NOW. In other words, this now was enfolded in that now. There was never a then as in a past, back there. There is no there, there. We've got to begin to learn how to do away with this arrow of time nonsense, which has even some of the brightest minds fooled.

top topics

join