It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father and son send video camera into space.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
just wanted to share this because I thought it was cool...

Father and son send video camera into space

Tried to "embed" it but I guess it didnt work
edit on 17-11-2010 by open_eyeballs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Amazing! Can't believe they were able to pull it off. To bad they didnt have the tech power to wirelessly transit the video feed and be able to let the camera go higher into space.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Cool stuff. Did you see the UFO pop in and out at 4.54 on the left side of the screen?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Edit: That has to be one of the coolest videos I have seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing that.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by You Will Never Know

ufo...., cool...i gotta go looky.....

what about clearing the airspace for aircraft...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by joeshsamp

Awhile back on ATS there were some pictured posted (a group of high school kids if memory serves) that were taken in a similar manner, only it was with a digital camera rather than video. I think in their case they somehow wirelessly transmitted the photos, rather than had the camera land; I don't think that group retrieved their camera.

This particular one is really cool; there are some technical aspects that I am wondering how they did, specifically, how they got the parachute to trigger automatically, and what they did to keep it from being destroyed on impact. (though in the second case they said it got stuck in a tree, which probably helped) I found it rather amusing that of all the things to fail, it was the batteries that didn't survive :p

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yeah that was amazingly cool. They designed it very well. Shame they couldn't make it go higher.And I swear I have had dreams as vivid as that S&F

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

yes i did see the white object in the corner of the screen....suppose it could have been part of the ballon. It did say it grew to 18 ft ( i think) across.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeshsamp

yes i did see the white object in the corner of the screen....suppose it could have been part of the ballon. It did say it grew to 18 ft ( i think) across.

It would grow quite large, because the air pressure outside drops as you go higher. The pressure inside the balloon is still whatever you filled it with, so it starts expanding as it goes up. That's actually what causes it to break; the walls of the balloon are stretched too far from the air pressure inside and burst.

new topics

top topics

join