It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About catchy laws and law makers: Gun owners and would-be gun owners,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Law makers don't want you with guns. But then guns are traceable, and then you are able to obtain them legally. Do you see what is wrong with that yet?

Guns ARE out! Played out! Guns ARE stupid!

Like better silence? Get you a Bow and Arrow, and get about 17 arrows to place in a shoulder pack, and then you'll survive and defend in any situation.

I dont prefer crossbows since it can't be fed quickly like a bow and arrow can. You can keep a bow and arrow in your car with no weird license. No license weapons are in!!!

Get down to Dunam's or Sport's Authority RIGHT AWAY, then thank me about it later.

ARCHERY IS IN!!!! Let the law makers take away your right to bear TRACEABLE firearms. But they know they can't take away your right to buy non-firearm (and non-TRACEABLE) BOWS OR non-firearm (and non-TRACEABLE) CROSSBOWS.

Why buy something with a trace log or track log on it? Are you stupid? Get your mind off guns! Turn in any gun you have to the authorities while you still can. Why? Since guns are stupid and are for stupid people. Any one willing to buy something of a weapon kind that is traceable and allowed to be owned under a permit/license, is BLINDLY STUPID.

Where will the law makers be when people go with bows and crossbows? They will be looking pretty pathetic with no way to trick you into a firearm permit/firearm license.

Dont like bows or cross bows? Then get you a sling shot. Can quickly feed in a reload just as well as a bow and arrow.

Say no to guns because they are for stupid people. They have stupid locks so you can't get to use it when it may very well count to for your sake. But bows and crossbows dont have to have any locks on them. Just think on it. You'll come to your senses, gun owners and would-be gun owners.

Easily no finger prints by bows and arrows.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

You also can shoot a deer or whatever else at over 300 yards. Stupid useless guns. Would you trust your bow against an experienced sharpshooter?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fool-Proof

Why would a sharp shooter get into it with me?

Why go for deer if you're a hunter? Why not go for a bear? They will aproach you, you know? Which means with a bow and arrow you'll have more game meat to sell. Hunting bear will make you a man VS hunting deer. And you're more a man with a bow and arrow than with a stupid gun.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well if its all about feeling like a man I suppose I would hunt a bear with a sledgehammer or a battle axe. But even so, you have to admit almost any rifle woult beat almost any bow in accuracy and effective range.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Uh.....did you think this through? The only reason I have to use a gun is for self defense, not murder. So if it is for self defense, then I don't care if it is traced because right after I shoot an intruder or an attacker, I'm going to call the police.
Also, I can't carry a bow on my ankle, or in my pocket, or shoulder holster.
If you are talking about a SHTF survival situation then yes, a bow has it's place like any other tool. Good for silent hunting, but not as a self defense weapon. Anyone who knows how to handle a firearm can draw, point and fire before you can load, draw, and aim your bow and arrow. And what about a followup shot as is often required in a gun battle. If you miss, you have to load, draw, and re-aim while all your opponent will do is pull the trigger again. What about penetration and kenetic energy? If your arrow finds it's mark it will penetrate "some" body armor and some heavy clothing depending on the power of your bow and the tip of your arrow. If a vital organ is not struck, there is not enough kenetic energy to knock your opponent down. However, a gun, of almost any caliber will do tremendous tissue damage. Any caliber from .32 or .38 will most likely cause your opponent to go to the ground. Almost with out a doubt any caliber over .40 will put an opponent down. Even a .22 caliber will kill an opponent in short order. What about range? What is the range of a bow? I don't know because I don't shoot them. I would think less than a 100 yards in any case. Any decent handgun is good for 25 yards with many larger calibers easily handling 100 yards. Dare we go into the range of a rifle? 300 yds, 500 yds, even a thousand yards. A crude AK-47 is good for 300 yards and this is with a 30 round magazine, not a dozen arrows.
Yes, a bow or a cross bow has it's place and I want one in my arsenal, but I'm not going to take one to a gun fight.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
guns are not stupid. You are for being so ignorant! There may be nothing wrong with a bow but neither is there with a gun. If you buy the gun thru a private sale then its not on record with the Gov that you even own it. The only time in my state that it goes on record is when you go thru a dealer. In my state you dont need to have a permit or lisence to buy or own a gun, you only need a permit if you want to conceal carry. It's even legal to carry it openly here. So i don't know what state your in, but you should check all the laws before you start stating that all guns are traceable. Not every state requirs you to register a pistol or rifle. You don't even have to report it stolen here in my state ( not that i would choose to not report it).
Are you gonna carry a bow with you at all times in and out of stores and wherever you go throught the day? Not really a good source for concealed personal protection there chief, and not really ready to fire as fast as a gun. I conceal carry 90% of the time, i think people might notice if i had a huge bow and arrows on my back. What about close encounters with the assailant? If your attacker comes within 2 feet of your person, your gonna have a difficult time drawing that bow.
Just food for thaught for your ignorance.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Well put! It seems you and i share the same thinking on this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by joeshsamp

Yes, I agree your post as well. I'm glad you brought out the close quarters thing. That would be tough to draw your bow on an opponent 2 or 3 feet away. That's what the snubby on my ankle is for. Stay armed, stay safe.
seeashrink

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

What about the trigger locks required by law to have on all firearms in household? A guy with a bow and arrow not required by law to have one of them locks on it, should be quicker to strike a home invader than someone who has to have a lock on the trigger by law. It's not wise carrying a firmarm on your person in your home since accidents can happen. A bow hasn't even got the arrow already loaded, but can be easily loaded when you're ready to use it.

Plus, how many cases have you heard of guns in homes being found and then accidently killing children vs bow and arrows being found and then accidently killing children? Get back to me with the statistics.

Good luck unlocking the trigger lock when someone breaks in your place.

Accuracy in blow is about 100 yards with a nice bow and arrow, even though they can send arrows arcoss further. No way am I getting into a situation that requires me needing something with a 500 yard accuracy. Those ranges are for when you are in an army in a war. I tell you this, if a war broke out on American soil, I'll go over to Canada with ease. I don't fight certain wars just because the U.S. got themselves into them. I have my reasons. Not only that, but the U.S. government gave me a pass to not ever have to fight in any of their wars.

If Native Indians way ago made due with primative bows and arrows, then today's modern bows and arrows should do better.

A smart man with a gun or no gun will not go get into a gun fight. Note the way someone who breaks in has to hold their gun at first before aiming VS a home owner with a bow and arrow that holds their bow and arrow while awaiting the person who has broken in to step right into their strike zone? If you have a gun you will think to act stupidly such as go to the persons who has broken in. That extra guts a gun may give you can get you killed. You need to postion yourself safely and await for the target to come in range when they've broken in. A bow and arrow should give you the feel to do just that in the first place.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Close encounters like those are best for knives that you maybe should carry, not guns or bows. Try pulling out a peice and you might get it knocked away. Or you'll be in a struggle with the person without knowing the final outcome till it hits. But with a knife, a stuggle will only cut the close bad guy's hands if they try to grab for it. That should give you the upper hand with a knife on those bad guys that are within 3 feet range.

Add:

No, I will not carry a bow and arrow into any store, since the stores I normally go into got EVERY THING that can be used as a weapon in a matter of self-defense. Think tool sections and sections with flammables that are spray-able (if you carry a lighter, but stores should carry lighters). Go see the movie the Mist. You'll see how a store can be turned into protective places with weapons of many choices.

Even think sections which carry base ball bats or crowbar or those things for fireplaces. I always make it a point to know where those sections are upon going into a store I'm not familiar with in terms of section areas or is new to me.
edit on 17-11-2010 by XsameXoneXotherX because: Extra add

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What trigger lock law? There isn't one in my great state. Dont know what state you live in that requires that. But mine stay in a biometric safe when they are not on my person. No trigger guard, just accesed by my finger print and opened in a split second. Last time i checked that was faster then readying a bow and arrow. And Accidental shooting do happen but mostly by morons. With todays safe action pistols it's not that easy for a gun to accidentaly go off, even if you leave a round in the chamber. Have you ever fired a gun? If you have and its been a revolver you would know that it requires a good amount of pull on the trigger unless you have it cocked. And alot of semi autos are the same. i have a .380 that has a tough pull on the trigger and theres no way that it could accidentaly go off even if i leave one in the chamber. And my other is a safe action pistol that has three internal safeties. So those accidents that you are talking about are dont mostly by morons and irresponsible people.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

yes i realize that lots of stuff can be used as a weapon in a store. i have thaught of that also. i'm talking about coming out of the store , in the parking lot when that stuff isnt around. Were is your bow then? My gun is on me and ready to defend me. How about your spray can and lighter.? You can't bring a knife to a gun fight and expect to win...most of the time your enemy doesnt have a knife or bat, they have what they know will win...A GUN! The faster you learn that and prepare yourself bye checking your state laws and pulling your head out of your behind, you will be better off.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You are all over the place in your argument/reasoning. IF you have children, then you are required to have the gun secured in some form or another. I don't. No, a gun does not cause one to make stupid decisions, a lack of training and common sense causes one to do that. No, a bow is not good home defense, it is slow and requires perfection without room for error. You have been watching too much Robin Hood. Again, a bow has a plce as a tool in a well equiped tool box. You cannot put all your eggs in one basket. You have to be flexable. To say that the bow is an all in all best weapon is just silly.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ok, so if the power goes out in your home, I guess you are out of luck till the power turns back on. You say by print, so I know it takes a power source to work. Black out happens and someone wants to break in, you are out of luck. Or if the bad guys kill your power before they move in, you are out of luck. Bad guys these days are aware of alrams on place, so they think to kill power.

Anyone that carries a gun on their person or in their hand in any non danger moment or in any danger moment, can still drop their firearm. That means it can go off. That means it can cause an accident. Face it, guns are stupid. You don't have to be irresponsible or a moron to have a deadly accedent with a firearm.

Only gun I fired was the lower caliber revolver. I also shot a few BB guns in my youth.O, and one pellet gun (thing leaked air and was no good). I no longer like BB guns or pellet guns that look like real guns. This one cowardly dude could have gotten me shot by a police a long time ago. He knew it was a BB gun too, but he told some cop, since he couldnt get his way with use of my BB gun (hey, I aint stupid), that I had a gun as though I had a real gun. I ran for my life and cops did pull out guns on me when they got up to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes a bow and arrow is a nice weapon. There are far too many advantages to a gun to go with your theory that they are for stupid people. Both have their uses.

As for the statement that guns have 'stupid locks' and you cant use them when needed, well, that is sheer ignorance.

There's one thing you are missing here though, and that is this:

Anyone who is thinking survival , and relies on only one weapon, no matter what that is, is not brilliant. What happens when you run out of arrows or ammo? What do you do in close-quarters situations? When it truly comes to survival, there is no perfect weapon, and to say otherwise is, to steal your word, stupid.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

A word or advice to you: Stop giving out advice like this and get yourself some training before you get yourself, or someone else hurt or killed.

It's quite obvious you know NOTHING about this subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I seriousley don't think that you think before you speak. Dont you think that the company that made the biometric safe would have a battery back up in it.? It does and it doesnt requir power to when you dont acctivate the print reader. And it comes with a key back up. What if they steel my key you might say. well i suppose they could if they found it and were able to get to it. but also the safe is kept under my bed and i'm a light sleeper. I would hear the steps creaking as they came up stairs and the loud sound of them busting open the bedroom door. So pretty sure i would wake up. How about you? you think you'll have enough time to ready your bow if an intruder bust thru your door?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well if I'm out in a parking lot, I'm sure they bad guy is just looking to steal what I have on me. I'll just know he'll have to be close up so wont draw any other witnesses as he takes. This means I can use my bare hands. I know a bit in Karate. I also know how to fight like a street fighter and how to fall like a stunt guy. I am also like a ninja who can use their surroundings to the best way able. But hey, what I normally carry out of a store is food. Why not just let them have the food? But if they want my money, and I have a lot on me, I wont let them take it. To each his own. But trust me, I dont look like someone anyone should be targeting for to steal from. I dress kind of bummy-ish. And even keep a gang appeal by du rag. So someone bummish with a gang appeal may rather be the one who just make rather have a peice. This is how animals with color naturally are in the wild to keep certain animals from THINKING to home in on them. Yes, I am a genius with my ninja mind set I take on how certain animals best survive. By appeal.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Drop a gun and it will go off? Do research kid, seriously.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Wait a sec. If you are surviving and hunting food you can get your arrows back out the kill. A gun with bullets? You cant get back them bullets once they have been shot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join