Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Sarah Palin Says She Could Beat Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Palin represents a large faction of the United States who felt displaced with the abandonment of the Middle Class from the Democratic and Republican Party’s. I know that Sarah Palin has a connection with the people in America that have the yearning for simplicity and grassroots politics. She resembles an outsider figure that carries the sword of citizen justice.

The people of Middle America feel displaced, abandoned, ridiculed, and subjugated by the current establishment class in Washington and by their fellow Americans on the coasts. They voiced their opinions at town halls across the US last year and their anger was exhorted through the Tea Party Movement. Such a large and dynamic movement grew from a few members to well over 10 million in just 1.5 years. It shows the frustration many Americans are feeling.

That is why Palin is such a popular figure for these people. They believe she is the only one who understands their values, plights, and concerns. Whether this is the truth or not is up for political scientific debate. What is certain is that if Obama does not return to a less obnoxious and elitist level Palin could be a major challenge to Obama.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Originally posted by LadySkadi

I know the answer, My family, friends and old co-workers would all give you the same answer.
Bush and Company they understood and had communications with, directly and indirectly.
Those politicians and their actions could be foretold and you could often stay ahead of them.

Ah. I understand what you are saying. Better the devil you know... so to speak.
edit on 17-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: fix quote tags

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

YES, YES, YES! That is what they all want, to know and understand, that way you can out think and plot against and finally out maneuver and embarrass or conquer.

Here is something from an article sent to me. She's refreshingly upbeat and resilient, the bubbly friend from childhood who was always great at cheering you up and cheerleading you on.
But for her detractors, nothing raises the ire of cynical liberals more than a happy-go-lucky, totally unburdened, freethinking and self-assured conservative woman who has everything she wants and then some. And without anyone's help.

Sure, she'll tell you that Todd, her parents and her children are an invaluable support system. But after eight years of hearing that George W. Bush was a nepotism experiment gone wrong, Sarah Palin has made it here (wherever this is) on her own. John McCain's imprimatur certainly launched her into the national spotlight, but she became the youngest and first female governor of Alaska all on her own.
How dare she?

Liberalism, after all, needs to imagine an unhappy populace. Passing sweeping entitlement programs and convincing voters that big government is the answer only works if people are frustrated with their stations in life.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 17-11-2010 by guohua because: spell check
edit on 17-11-2010 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'd vote for her in a second. But as good as Palin is, I don't think America is ready for a woman President.

Look at Mrs. Bill Clinton, she was far more qualified than Obama, but the woman thing killed her.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Even if exgov. Palin were elected she would bail on the Presidency the same way she bailed on the citizens of Alaska that elected her. She's a quitter. Quitters never win and winners never quit.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I keep wondering if I'm the one with a disconnect here. My wife seems to like Palin, she claims most of her co-workers like Palin but in my mind the woman isn't remotely electable as President of the US. Is she?

I mean am I the one who has it wrong? Is it just a personal bias against women in positions of power? Or is this woman completely unelectable on a national level? I'd bet the Democratic party is praying that the GOP is dumb enough to run her. I'm no Obama fan but I believe even as unpopular as he's become that he'd wipe the floor with Palin in the debates then in the general election. Am I just delusional here?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
I keep wondering if I'm the one with a disconnect here. My wife seems to like Palin, she claims most of her co-workers like Palin but in my mind the woman isn't remotely electable as President of the US. Is she?

I mean am I the one who has it wrong? Is it just a personal bias against women in positions of power?

It's not just a woman thing. Personally, I would have voted for Hillary over Obama, but I didn't get that choice. What it comes down to is a responsibility thing; here's the deal:

Sure, Palin "appears" to represent the middle class; however "appears" is the key word. She is about as easily manipulated a puppet as there could be. The DoD would have her in 10 different wars within 12-months; all under then name of Jesus Christ (her savior). Palin may be fringe "middle class" (at least she was before she became a media celebrity), but her mind in far from that. She would decimate the nation; and, I could almost guarantee, she would sign over control of the U.S.A. to the military leadership within 24 months of her presidency....TOTAL DISASTER!!!!

If she didn't go that road, then it would be special interests, one world government, etc.... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she turned the us over (by treaty) to some fanatical religious origination.

Bottom line is this: She is an unknown, unpredictable, spontaneous, volatile, regressive element....and those are the nice things I have to say about her.

Think about the things that have come out of her mouth....make no mistake about them; she has not been misquoted...nor has she been taken out of context...the media is NOT out to get her...she is what she says she is (when reading between the lines). She is bad for America; and as bad as she is, she is even more dangerous!

Her decisions throughout her life have been irresponsible. Her marriage, the upbringing of her kids, her decision to drop her governorship, becoming a media harlot, her selling-out of her family, her.....everything! She lacks responsibility; then again, so does mainstream America, so maybe she will win the office of the POTUS. And as the USA fades away under her leadership she can always do this : "Blame it on the previous administration"...a nifty tool!

No to Palin in 2012!
edit on 17-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"I know all of my family in China and their friends Love Her and wish she could run for Central Committee Member there in Beijing. "

I live in China, and nobody i work with in Government or business groups think of Gov. Palin as anything more than a fad, and a dangerous fad at that. They do not respect or even think of her as a serious individual or able to be dealt with seriously. Some of the Americans ive met here, we watch the USA continue spiraling downward....its a tragedy unfolding before the world.

Hillary Clinton was favored here to win the 2008 election, and would have been a far better choice than Obama, unfortunately the cult of personality won over reason and logic.

There are problems with your statement, as nobody runs for central committee, those are appointed positions beforehand, anyone in China would know this. It seems you are pretending to be from China.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
No chance in hell...a person that dumb would never be elected. Bush looks like an Einstein next to her!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Cleese does a VERY good job at summarizing Palin

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have to assume you know very little about families, friends and co-workers that understand the inner workings of your government and other governments and how things can be easy or hard or even very hard, depending on the relationship you have with that leadership and how they are thought of around the world.

Sense you deem my family your rival and don't wish to listen to or open your mind to my insights with other governments. Good day to you all and I wish you luck.

Well, for one, I like and appreciate your thread and what you are saying. Unfortunately, you've aroused a bunch of people who's fear of Palin, Palin-o-phobes if you will, is so strong that it causes them to respond without logic or reason.

I too am wary of Chinese intentions, and welcome the leadership of any American with the cojones (figuratively speaking) to stand toe to toe and chin to chin with the Chinese when necessary.

Maybe what I posted on a Palin smear thread will also help you understand the responses you've been getting here.

source

But for her detractors, nothing raises the ire of cynical liberals more than a happy-go-lucky, totally unburdened, freethinking and self-assured conservative woman who has everything she wants and then some. And without anyone's help.

Liberalism, after all, needs to imagine an unhappy populace. Passing sweeping entitlement programs and convincing voters that big government is the answer only works if people are frustrated with their stations in life.
edit on 11/18/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I would vote for her if she ran. I think it would be interesting watching her run the country into the ground. I voted for GWB for the same reason. I remember watching him and Gore debate and thinking "hmmm sh*t is gonna get real interesting if Bush is elected I'll go with him". I always vote for the biggest jerk.

The Clinton years were boring the biggest thing he had go down was Monica. We ellect Bush and all kinds of fun stuff to watch on TV happend.

[
edit on 18-11-2010 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Whether it be Obama,Palin,Clinton,or whatever talking head they throw on tv....do you guys really think these people have your interests in mind??
Do you guys really think you will get better representation?
You guys need a government that is about representing the citizens of America and not big business and corporate interests.

If you guys really think these people will represent YOU THE PEOPLE then I think that is exactly why your country is going down the tubes.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I really dont think u r talking seriously,is the same SARA PALIN WHO SAID THAT 'DIDNT KNOW THAT AFRICA WAS A CONTINENT I TOUGH IT WAS A COUNTRY';
''''''''''?????????????????????????????????????

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
No chance in hell...a person that dumb would never be elected.

That's exactly what I thought about Bush in 2004.

Bottom line:

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
If you guys really think these people will represent YOU THE PEOPLE then I think that is exactly why your country is going down the tubes.

We deserve the leadership we have.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He could beat her in a "peeing standing up" challenge!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Palin Says She Is Seriously Considering Entering Race in 2012.

Of course she is. She'd be crazy not to consider it. But she won't win.

My prediction - If Obama and Palin are in a showdown for 2012 then it will be the lightest voter turn out in history AND the third and forth parties will do exceptionally well. Both Obama and Palin =
unqualified and inept and unable to be POTUS effectively.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here's mu thought on it.

She has southern values with a western charm. She believes in freedom of speech and the right to bare arm. She'll all for taking the government out of the free market and the renationalisation of enterprise and family values. She want's people to stop depending on hand outs and start doing stuff on their own.

Now of course their is always some political bull# here and there but the above are truly her core values. I see nothing wrong with those values, in fact I for one would love to see all of those values in the White house for ones.

Now...As far as political experience is concerned, hell do you thing Reagan had that much experience, no, yet most Americans are happy to have had him a President. I say, if she can manage the home wallet and he family the way she does maybe she can manage the Government wallet and it's cabinets and make something out of the crap that is in place now.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I like Sarah Palin. I voted for Sarah Palin on JM's ticket, but Sarah cannot at this time win against anyone, and she doesn't even know why. But here's why.

When people look for a president they want strength, knowledge, and wisdom. Sarah has wisdom. She is a practical every day person like anyone else, but we are not looking for someone like us, we are looking for a leader.

Sarah exhibits a too feminine personality, too much smiling, girlish mannerisms. What she needs to do is be mature minded, smile only when returning a smile, etc. Talk slower and be specific. Stop using terms like "gosh darn-it". Till then she is unelectable.

Romney, I like but he too is unelectable due to Mass Romney healthcare etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
She believes in freedom of speech

She doesn't even know what Freedom of Speech IS.

"If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin told host Chris Plante, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."

Sarah Palin Speaks on the First Amendment

She'll all for taking the government out of the free market and the renationalisation of enterprise and family values.

Yeah... I want Sarah Palin deciding what my 'family values' should be.
She's for getting the government out of free enterprise and into my personal life! No thanks! My 'family values' are none of the government's BUSINESS!

She want's people to stop depending on hand outs and start doing stuff on their own.

As long as it's OTHER people.

Meet Sarah Palin, Welfare Queen

Sarah Palin's Alaskanomics

As if it couldn't support itself, Alaska also ranks No. 1, year after year, in money it sucks in from Washington. In 2005 (the most recent figures), according to the Tax Foundation, Alaska ranked 18th in federal taxes paid per resident ($5,434) but first in federal spending received per resident ($13,950). Its ratio of federal spending received to federal taxes paid ranks third among the 50 states, and in the absolute amount it receives from Washington over and above the amount it sends to Washington, Alaska ranks No. 1.

Now of course their is always some political bull# here and there but the above are truly her core values.

Riiiiight...

edit on 11/18/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: she forgot a link...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join