It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Runway and Structure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Found this on Google Earth....sorry, don't know how to embed picture, but the coords are 16 58' 42.13" N and 65 44' 42.78" W

Any explanations or theories would be appreciated...I found it quite Abnormal!!

edit on 17-11-2010 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

Just south of puerto rico
edit on 17-11-2010 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Cool thread.

Hope someone embeds the pics soon.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Kilber because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Well ,the "runway" seems like a pixelation issue

However the 3 sided "box" still intrigues me!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Thats a pretty long runway, I mean the square is very interesting but that runway would be way too big

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Out of all the possible things to look at, How in the world (Google Earth
)
did you stumble upon that?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

lol...i was showing a friend of mine the underwater X near cuba as shown on a recent UFO hunters epsiode, then i said, "yeah there's lots of weird stuff out there.....panned over and bam...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey people, stumbled across this thread and was quite intrigued, but noticed there was a lack of images for those without Google Earth, so I've embedded some

A far out image, so you can see the area...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08966b92929c.jpeg[/atsimg]

A close-up...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaca4fcd3b0b.jpeg[/atsimg]

I also thought now would be a good time to add a pic for other people to explain. I saw this while searching for the elusive "Ekranplan"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0ae2aca05d6.jpg[/atsimg]

You'll have to excuse the "wierd fish thing", I doubt it's a fish at all but it still caught my eye haha

Anyways... Thanks for the thread

Kyle
edit on 18-11-2010 by kai22 because: Spellcheck

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kai22
A close-up...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaca4fcd3b0b.jpeg[/atsimg]
Thanks for embedding.

It looks to me like missing data that the Google software has interpolated from known data and that would explain why it's flat.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

WHOAAAA. Spoooky. I was watching a youtube vid late last night. Arron McCollum was talking about an underwater base in Puerto Rico. I did a search and saw something odd in the picture. What looks like a long path/road and just beneath that was a square. These looked out of place looking at the surrounding area. Very strange. I was going to hopefully start a thread on this but you beat to it. What are odds on that.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRift

Ha...i didn't see that...

To others, it's not so much the long strip anymore....pan just to the right and there is a 3 sided box (huge) embedded in the ocean floor

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Hi,

I watched that episode of UFO Hunters on youtube a while ago. They weren't allowed to dive to check the area out. When i watched an interview last night on youtube. Arron Mccollum mentioned it again. I thought hey lets check this out I had an idea before even looking that if something is there. Someone will cover this with over with a smudge etc. And when i went to look. hey presto there it was. A square object that looks out of place.

I had a good look at area 51 as well and got some clear shots. It looks like they are doing some more buiding there as there appears to be a huge crane.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Oh wow

Im sorry, but that is an absolutely hilarious theory. Its not a runway at all, google earth doesnt penetrate the surface of the ocean

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Oh wow

Im sorry, but that is an absolutely hilarious theory. Its not a runway at all, google earth doesnt penetrate the surface of the ocean

I agree OZ, but they do have the Google Ocean thing where you can go under the water in some areas. I don't know why but that feature freaks me out...It's like Im going under the ocean!

OP, you might want to come up with your own theories and not ask others to do it for you.

Why do you find it odd? What do YOU think it is?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I find it odd in that. I also was alerted to this location by 2 sources as indicated in my previous post. I had an idea that if something is there then it would be smudged, erased, or covered over somehow. Low and behold when i searched near Puerto Rico there was an area which seems odd. Whether this is a pixel issue etc. Why there. Coincidence i think not. Why not pixelation close by. It doesn't add up to me. Something is being hidden there.
Just to cement this further. Why did the Puerto Ricon government deny access to the diver. Surely if there is nothing there then let the diver confirm this.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The runway you are looking at is actually a part of the Muertos Trough.

The "square" is interesting though.

As for the "fish" - That is a whale

edit on 19-11-2010 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As far as I can work out it's called the muertos trough

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6291f74ea249.gif[/atsimg]

The Muertos Trough is the locus of convergence between the floor of the Caribbean Sea and Puerto Rico

link

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks, that image shows it's NOT flat as in the Google Earth image posted earlier, which is what I suspected.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I'm still not sure what the "open square" object to the South East is though. I've tried reading some technical papers on the plate tectonics in the area but they are so complex that they made me want to cry

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm still not sure what the "open square" object to the South East is though. I've tried reading some technical papers on the plate tectonics in the area but they are so complex that they made me want to cry
Are you sure it's an issue with plate tectonics and not the Google Earth algorithms/data representation?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

This gives a closer look.

marsanomalyresearch.com...

top topics

join