It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon data diverted to Chinese servers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I did a thread a while back on Cybercom, It doesnt really address this mess though. The wars of the future will be fought in the cyber domain. There will always be a better hacker on either side.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Quoted from above:
"then it won't be long before the internet in the u.s.a. is cut off from the rest of the world.."

I'm from Canada,, and i can't watch "Comedy Centrl" i get redirected to Canadian Site,, so yes access to specified servers using ip address as a in/out ,, already here,, so yes it could be done, very easily.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I did a thread a while back on Cybercom, It doesnt really address this mess though. The wars of the future will be fought in the cyber domain. There will always be a better hacker on either side.

Nothing to do with "HACKING" if u new how badly some of the script was that was being written,, and most of it just like a game of "pile on" and if it works ,, great,,, hackers naw,,,, poor script righters naw,,, hardware rules! lol

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I figured one possibility was DNS cache poisoning, redirecting all traffic to Servers in China.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

i know it can be done.. here in the states the majority or the net goes through one place... all they have to do is "turn off" anything from servers outside the us, right? (not a computer guy). personally i think that's what the "internet blacklist" vote is on.. they're calling it copyright infringement.. but really, i think it's because they can't censor news coming in from other countries.. so, this is just the first step.. ever read 1984? but that's just me..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Then it would have to be a front door validation command.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
But written with a very traceable redirect ,, oh wait we already know where it went,,

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A Spam attack in reverse maybe??

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
A Spam attack in reverse maybe??

Well maybe but regardless of how they did this our national security may now be threatened. Who knows what damaging data went through in that 15 minutes span of time. Nothing from the Pentagon should go anywhere. Maybe they should go back to using paper and typewriters it’s evidently safer!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Depends on what kind of SEARCH ENGINE they used

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Depends on what kind of SEARCH ENGINE they used

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well if i was at one of those high tech monitoring stations the first thing i would do would be"CLASSIFIED" then look up "CLASSIFIED" not hard really.
sorry

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh and then u could see what they took.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Well if i was at one of those high tech monitoring stations the first thing i would do would be"CLASSIFIED" then look up "CLASSIFIED" not hard really.
sorry

Hmm, being "Classified" and looking for 'Classified" can get a guy in a lot of trouble. China has messed with us before, then got all bent out of shape when we accused them. There is tension behind the scenes at the top if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Nuff Said,,
but hey if u got an opening at one of those fancy desks
wink, wink.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Nuff Said,,
but hey if u got an opening at one of those fancy desks
wink, wink.

Lol, why did you make my face turn red? O.K you got the job!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Sorry,,,about red face,, but ya i really could use the job,,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join