It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jellyfish Beach Themselves on California beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well this is rather curious... with all the talk about the moon and sun changing their courses, whales beaching themselves, etc., now we have this. Seems Jelly fish have beached themselves too... Was it because of a unusual high tide? Anybody have any clues?

People always say pay attention to the animals....

edit on 17-11-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

it could be a result of a population explosion.

jellyfish don't just breed, the bloom... their reproduction cycle seems more like a plant than an animal, and can result in millions of offspring per mating pair.

jellyfish also thrive in water polluted with agricultural runoff.

agriculture is california's #1 industry

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just thought I would add this as it seems somewhat pertinent. I only say that because not only do we count on the tides and things for survival, but Im sure the creatures of the sea find it almost as important to them as we do the air.

HUGE media blackout regarding Earth and Moon orbital changes?

Unprecedented Earth changes are taking place at this time. L.A. had a record cool summer and a few days after summer is over, they shoot up to a record high 113 degrees. Parts of Brazil and Bolivia shattered record cold temps and were colder than Antarctica for much of July, killing millions of fish, and many alligators and fresh water dolphins! Weather is going crazy around the world and all the mainstream media talks about is "climate change" "global warming"...etc. But they won't touch upon the True Cause, because for them it is too alarming.

LINK

I realize some don't put much importance on this particular website, but still, it is interesting to see. I think a lot of us feel something is going on. No doubting that

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but I was always under the impression that they don't beach themselves on purpose.
I think it's just down to winds, tides and currents, they just sort of end up where they end up.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Unusual but not alarming is what the park service is saying. Here is more about it.

www.ktvu.com...

And another article saying expect to see more.

www.nbcbayarea.com...

So there you have it in a nutshell.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow, if it was going to happen it's a good thing that it happened at night. Can you imagine going surfing right before this happened only to realize there are that many jellyfish all around you?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I lived on california beaches for many years, especially around the monterey, san fransisco areas. This happens from time to time, maybe do to over population, or other reasons but this is not the first time it has happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I lived on california beaches for many years, especially around the monterey, san fransisco areas. This happens from time to time, maybe do to over population, or other reasons but this is not the first time it has happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with this listing on RSOE EDIS site:
Toxin report from EDIS

I saw it the other day, but could not find any more information on the incident. Now 3 days later we have beached Jellyfish. IS it a cover up?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tk2dsky
Maybe it has something to do with this listing on RSOE EDIS site:
Toxin report from EDIS

I saw it the other day, but could not find any more information on the incident. Now 3 days later we have beached Jellyfish. IS it a cover up?

That might put a different spin on this... Nice catch and now I do have to wonder about that as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Look out it is a mass invasion of politicians performing Operation California Freedom.
edit on 18-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join