It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force finds 'apparent wreckage' of missing F-22

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Was just reading the latest and some things didn't seem to make sense. They say they've looked thru the wreckage but no pilot. They say they are not sure if the ejection seat was deployed, which doesn't make sense cause it's either there or it's not. I figure they know but not saying. He did have survival gear suited for artic survival and also has a beacon on him as I'm sure the plane does too. Odd it took them that long to find the wreckage. But no pilot or beacon signal is strange unless the beacon malfunctioned after ejection. I hate to say it but I have a bad feeling that he didn't eject and just hasn't been found in the wreckage. I hope I'm wrong and wish for the best. I'm sure his family could use some positive thoughts and prayers going their way.
edit on 19-11-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
They say they are not sure if the ejection seat was deployed, which doesn't make sense cause it's either there or it's not.
I understand why you'd say that.

What might make sense is if the wreckage is scattered over such a wide area that they haven't found it all yet, that's the only apparent solution I can think of, to your observation that it's either there or it's not.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
I guess the stealth technology worked, It was hidden for a week or so before they found it.

I was just reading that they found the crash 10:00 am the next morning went off radar at 7:40 pm. Saw a pic of part of the crash site this morn with small pieces everywhere on the snow, on what looked like a fairly clear side of a mtn. but it doesn't fit the description of the report below.

"They said it looked like a crater," said Maj. Guy Hayes with the Guard's Rescue Coordination Center. "There was a stream nearby that was creating a lot of water in the crash site." The crater is in a drainage between two mountains and had partially filled with water, Hayes said.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join