It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Spacetime cloak' can edit history - fact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

www.news.com.au

JEWELLERY thieves, magicians, exam cheats and practical jokers everywhere will have an interest in an offbeat idea launched by physicists yesterday: to make time invisible.

The scientists have conceived of a "spacetime cloak" which manipulates light and, in essence, conceals whole events from a viewer.

The theory is based on censoring the flow of events, which we perceive as a stream of light particles, also called photons, that strike the retina.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Finally - a theory that would explain time shifts. What this potentially means that there is a way to "edit" events and history without anyone being the wiser...

Intersting that the news article claims that this is at a theoratical stage and could have proctical applications in quantam computing - but i wouldnt be surprised if suddenly we hear nothing of this research again and it becomes another secret gov project. I mean the mind boggles at the potential of this...

www.news.com.au

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
An interesting breakthrough, about which there are numerous other threads.

But trust news.com.au to use a headline that is complete BS.

History is things that happened in the past. This cloak provides no way to alter history. It might allow one to conceal things, therefore stopping them from becoming history - but a big black sack will essentially achieve the same purpose.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326

www.news.com.au

JEWELLERY thieves, magicians, exam cheats and practical jokers everywhere will have an interest in an offbeat idea launched by physicists yesterday: to make time invisible.

The scientists have conceived of a "spacetime cloak" which manipulates light and, in essence, conceals whole events from a viewer.

The theory is based on censoring the flow of events, which we perceive as a stream of light particles, also called photons, that strike the retina.

Um... no offense, but time is already invisible right? and then all you have to do is live blindfolded for the rest of your life?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is all done on a machine...disappearing from a monitor.

Kinda like real-time editing, right?

It doesn't seem to mean actual time alteration, just an alteration of the information stream.
Sounds like a fancy PAUSE BUTTON to me. I can achieve the same effect on my handycam, just not in real time.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
An interesting breakthrough, about which there are numerous other threads.

But trust news.com.au to use a headline that is complete BS.

History is things that happened in the past. This cloak provides no way to alter history. It might allow one to conceal things, therefore stopping them from becoming history - but a big black sack will essentially achieve the same purpose.

History is indeed things that have already happened, but to alter perception of an event is to alter its historical content. All our anecdotal documented history is down to perception which is a very inexact science already, but has witness. The concept is scary too, since you would have to prove an event actually happened if you were the target and nobody else. That's nothing new in itself, but if this is something that could be applied in a discriminatory way amongst a population??
edit on 17-11-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join