It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just wanted to take a second and check as to why it's offline. My phone's internet is faster than my desktop's and sometimes I just don't feel like putting up with my slow dial up net. When I'm off the computer, I can typically check mobile ATS 24/7 but it's been offline since this past weekend and is still offline now. I assume there is work being done on it, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of technical problem that ATS was not aware of. Hope it goes back on soon
I miss it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
I assume there is work being done on it, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of technical problem that ATS was not aware of. Hope it goes back on soon
I miss it.

Foolish poster. All resources have been diverted to making awesome pop-up's and brightly colored backgrounds to blind the eye.

Yeah, it's been over a week now without m.ATS. Pissing me off.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah, mobile ATS did this a while ago and when it came back online I didn't notice anything different, I guess I was just hoping...Even if they don't do anything different, it would be great to have it back.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I know that m.ats.com is just the side car for this proverbial Harley we all know as ATS.com, but really? No mods or anyone can help us out here? I don't know who exactly is in charge of the mobile ATS, but whatever they're doing I hope they hurry it up. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This has been bugging me too... maybe it means Bill is working on a new release of ATS Mobile.

But I swear to god... if there's a pop-up on my BlackBerry screen when it does come back...

lol

edit on 18-11-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
At least someone cares. I think the mobile site was fine just the way it was. At least if it is being updated, can't the current version stay up until then? And a simple explination from a Mod is not too much to ask. I truly miss it!!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I completely agree, as noted above, but after a bit of thought on the subject...I just hope they do a good job with whatever they're updating. Perhaps they are giving m.ats a whole new makeover. Possibly a way to star and flag from the mobile device? Who knows...They could even make it possible to view profiles or send U2U's?

Oh yeah, probably one of the biggest things they might be able to add is the ability to visit the individual forums and not just the top topics and recent posts. Well, I know that all sounds a bit much, if they do any of that at all I would probably be relatively surprised. Bottom line, however, would be this:

I am with you, again, I really miss it too. Hope we do get it back soon with or without modifications.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm really missing ATS Mobile too.

Hope it'll be back very soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Seems very unlike ATS for something like this to go unmentioned.

If there is a big update being planned then you would think that there

would at least be some mention of it. Since there has been no word

on why it is down I am starting to think they have just given up on it since

there is no $$$ to be made.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by watchedbyskulls

I really hope your wrong.

Unfortunately, I can definitely find it in the reasoning you supplied to agree with you. Ugh...
I'm not sure if you noticed though, but it seems like the regular above top secret site works better on smartphones now than it did before. It doesn't freeze up like it did in the past, but I still LOVED the mobile version.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Regardless of how well it works with the newer smart phones, it is still faster with the "WAP" set up for phones.
i.e. simplified layout, text, and best of all, no ads! And while it may not suit everyone (some people only like certain topics) it still brings up some threads that get buried by more popular threads.

Will a MOD please tell us what is going on!!??!?!?!?!??!

Can't be that hard for one of them to find out from one of the Three Amigos.

Lately I've been relying on Google to format it for phone use and it sucks like that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Someone in another thread about this same problem claimed that Skeptic Overlord posted a thread about it not too long ago. I couldn't find one. I used search and I creeped out SO's profile (sorry SO) and I saw no thread about this. I wouldn't mind so much but I would at least like to know what the heck is going on. You're exactly right about the MODs here...Please...Anyone? Yeah. That may sound a bit desperate but during my search I saw at least two other threads that were started about Mobile ATS being down.

m.ats thread 1

m.ats thread 2
and
m.ats thread 3

That last thread was posted I believe a couple days after mine. Not one MOD has posted a response on any of these three threads. Which leads me to believe that either they did kill it completely or they're trying to "surprise us" with something nice but I doubt the second option. I love ATS and I think the MODs do a good job with pretty much everything else on here, but come on...why no answers??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the links PS. Yeah, I also doubt it will be a Christmas surprise for us, which means it is probably good and dead because of the lack of profit generated by it. If anything the only positive outcome that I can see it creating for ATS is more "hits" to move ATS higher in the web rankings. With that said it is still unacceptable that there is no "official" explanation for it being down.

ANY MODS READING THIS!?!?? Please a short reply would be appreciated!

Gosh, I've now resorted to begging.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watchedbyskulls

Well if they want more traffic it's not helping as I cannot access the full site from my phone - I just go elsewhere for my information.

It's a shame, but there is little choice.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yeah...it is a shame. Too, you are very right with the traffic.

As for me, I have severely cut down my time on ATS because of what you said...I cannot access the entire site on the phone. It sucks. I just checked it again as we speak...it is still down. I hope this thread stays alive enough to linger on the first page of the board issues forum. I'm tired of no mobile ATS...

At least if they aren't going to bring it back, could they at least tell us they killed it?

Mods?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Even if it does stay alive (the thread) long enough to move to the first page it seems that no one will care anyway.

It's been down for quite a while and there is only a handful of members that even care enough to at least post their displease here in this thread.

With that said..... BUMP!!!!!!

I know some MOD has to be reading this. Please, pretty please tell us why it is down.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is ridiculous...

If there are other threads on ATS dealing with almost anything else there is at least one mod on it pretty quickly.

I don't know if it's me they don't like or if they're just pulling an "area 51" on m.ats.com ("mobile ats? what mobile ats?"), but either way...their ignorance for this thread is extremely troubling. I am trying to keep this thread going long enough to get some sort of reply from a mod, but at this rate I'll be waiting until I'm 75.

I want to personally thank watchedbyskulls and the other few members who posted in the thread but seriously, no one else? I understand it's only the mobile version of AboveTopSecret, but for a lot of people who either aren't home a lot or have slow internet access (like me), it's hard to get on the full blown site sometimes. Mobile ATS was a great thing but then it just disappeared. You know, hopefully I'm winding all this complaining for nothing. Hopefully it is just being updated but it's been off since before mid November.

Come on MODS. Is it really that hard to give me an answer? Are you too lazy to reply to this thread? Have you simply just looked over it throughout the hours you spend moderating? Is it some personal grudge against me or people with mobile phones? That doesn't even make sense! Almost everyone has a mobile phone now a days. So please, again...

I ask, and beg of you, Mods, please try and give us some sort of an answer to the question "What happened to mobile ATS!" OR...if by some chance, this thread is in the wrong forum (which I don't think it is, but...) please move it so it can get the proper attention. Something...Anything...

I just want an answer. Damn you people for going against your own slogan, "Deny Ignorance"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Hi PS. Thanks for the er... Thanks.

Since there has been no response from any MODS maybe breaking some T&C rules would bring attention to the thread. While I am mainly a lurker, I feel too "new" to do that and don't want to banned. Anyone here with better standing then myself want to bring some real attention to the thread? Maybe a bit of profanity can do it!?

Come on MODS! Don't make us break the rules just to get attention. No one wants to resort to child like tactics for the attention.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Bumping this thread just to keep it alive!

Any MODS reading this!?

How is this not being replied to by ATS!?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I failed to check and see if anyone posted a thread about this, I didn't want to litter the forum with another thread just to say,

Mobile AboveTopSecret is back online, everybody. I don't even know if anyone else is reading this thread of mine...however, I know for watchedbyskulls and myself, it's freakin' awesome!

Thanks ATS!
But still rather disappointing in how we were left in the dark on it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join