It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Seeks Wider Wiretap Law for Web

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well as the walls close in on our imaginary dreams of freedom here in the US, more and more is being done by our government to infiltrate our lives in the name of security. Soon all major internet providers and websites will have to adhere to the new laws governing freedom and freedom of speech. Once they fully complete this task the internet will be under there total control, similar to what has happened to the media.

WASHINGTON — Robert S. Mueller III, the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, traveled to Silicon Valley on Tuesday to meet with top executives of several technology firms about a proposal to make it easier to wiretap Internet users.

Facebook, Comcast, Verizon and Google are some of the players being looked at for start. I haven't done the research but I'd like to know where ATS stands on these new laws and if they will be affected soon also.

More and more I feel like a criminal in my own country, more and more I feel I have to turn into one to fight back with any real goals achieved.

The New York Times

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I love this part:

The Commerce Department and State Department have questioned whether it would inhibit innovation, as well as whether repressive regimes might harness the same capabilities to identify political dissidents, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

Under the proposal, firms would have to design systems to intercept and unscramble encrypted messages. Services based overseas would have to route communications through a server on United States soil where they could be wiretapped.

If they actually succeeded in getting that rammed through, the web would slow to a crawl so our overlords could be assured that any dissident speech might be uncovered and prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

"as well as whether repressive regimes might harness the same capabilities to identify political dissidents, according to officials familiar with the discussions. "

.....Like an American regime?

Idiots..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

Heres what Global Research has to report on the bid by the fbi to get into your PC by the backdoor.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wonder if this will be about taking down druglords, or prosecution of "hatespeech", like if you have a problem with Mossad.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join