It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave Mike Vick alone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hartOV8
your bro sentiments are going to turn alot of people off to right off the bat OP

i have mixed feelings about the replies ive seen. he is a cruel person for subjecting those dogs to that, but i feel his personal life and professional life should be kept seperate. he paid his due for what he was convicted of, and now is back to doing what he should have focused on all along, playing great football.

the thing is, a lot of people think it's screwed up to see someone act so egotistical as to fight dogs that way and it would be "bad for the team"..whichever team he would be on and that is bad for the game in general. it is bad for business. the thing is, someone took a stand and said no. fighting dogs is not in the spirit of good sportsmanship and that is how people are meant to feel about sports and it shouldn't get thrown into that pot... and if he were on a team, he would be representing that team and he will never again be a good advocate of good sportsmanship.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

i understand totally what you are saying, but unfortunately only the fans see it as you do. to the owners of his team and coaches, he is a commodity.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
you know, i don't keep up with sports but bad business seems like bad business to me...however, this bad business seems to be a ploy for more media attention. i didn't know he was back in the game... or at least that is what some news has insinuated. shows how much attention I give to sports. anyway, i hope this turns sour for them. seems like more pubplicity bs... like there are no other football players in the world of sports to replace him.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Go ahead and like Mike Vick for what he does on the field, but you don't really know him off the field, looking at his past and his brother Marcus, whose also a criminal who can really say he's a good guy deserving to be left alone.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Make that a double barrelled middle finger to the naysayers and the system. Vick just inked a $100 Million dollar contract with the Eagles. Nobody in their right mind saw that coming after the prison sentence was served.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't say no one saw it coming. He played well enough last year that I knew someone would pay him big bucks whether it was the Eagles or some other team.

Like I said everyone has the right to make a living but he is not a man that deserves respect and he certainly is no role model.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Look I'm not perfect and believe in 2nd chances,however when you torture animals for entertainment and money, sorry but I think you should lose the privilige to make millions playing a game.Okay if he's learned his lesson and changed great,go get a real job and live a regular life.I won't even get into the fact he has signed this contract yet may not have to pay all his creditors.Oh and damn Goodell for letting guys like Vick,Stallworth, Burress,back in this league,but handing out fines and suspensions for playing the game the way it was meant to be played.(violent and physical)

Well Vick had a good season last year,but he faltered down the stretch.He has always been a great athlete,but never a great quarterback.Last year he started just eleven games,injury plagued through his entire career and he's what 31 years old.So dude played very well in like 8 or 9 games in one season so lets give him a 6yr 100million contract... Eagles will regret this failure.

Vick will throw for a good amount of yards,he will make some spectacular plays with his feet,but he will revert back to his old ways.He will have too many turnovers,will have long stretches of inaccuracy and poor decision making.With all the talent on that team any less than a Super Bowl victory is a failure and failure it will be.And it will fall on Vick's shoulders,oh and I never remember Vick being a clutch quarterback.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join