It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unbelievably happy story !!! (The miraculous reappearance of Sparky)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is almost unbelievable and if I hadn't been directly involved, I would have found it difficult to accept. It concerns a hamster - although not KayEm's violent rodents, Sparky2 & Hamtaro (for a change).

In order to explain, I need to go back over a year to when KayEm first came to the UK in order that we could marry.

KayEm had a hamster then whose arts in escapology were even more advanced than those of Hamtaro. In fact she named one of her current Hamsters, Sparky2, after him. While we were in England, KayEm's mom called to tell her that Sparky (the original one) had escaped and was nowhere to be found.
This broke KayEm's heart and it took a while for her to accept that he was gone.
A little while afterwards, KayEm's mom was forced to sell the house she and KayEm shared, and move to another one nearby. Her house was then left neglected by the bank for over a year, until a few weeks ago when someone actually bought it.

Of course, as soon as we got to the US, KayEm and myself went to the old house to seek the missing rodent. The house was closed up, so we couldn't get inside but we scoured the outside and the yard to no avail.

KayEm couldn't live without a hamster, so she bought Sparky2 and Hamtaro just before Christmas last year.

Last night, after a particularly wracked-off day at work, I insisted that KayEm needed some relaxation and we went to the riverside to sit and have a cold drink. By the time we had finished talking and drinking, it was fully dark and Pisky was starving. This resulted in a trip to the local 7-11 for sustenance.

On the way back, walking through the desolate streets, I noticed a shape leave the cover of the kerbside and begin walking along the road. I pointed this out to KayEm and, laughing like a Pixy said, "It's a hamster'. KayEm saw the wandering rodent and yelled "It's Sparky !!!". But it wasn't the 'new' Sparky who was safely locked away at home - it was the original Sparky who had been missing, presumed dead, for over a year !!!

We had to wait for him to come out from underneath a parked car before managing to catch him and take him home, where he sits now in a large plastic bucket filled with Hamster bedding awaiting his new home which he will receive later today.

This Hamster has been missing for over a year. All I can think is that he has been living in the old house all that time, only leaving when new tenants arrived. He is definitely Sparky, as was attested to by both KayEm's mom and Bart, as well as KayEm herself.

I won't include my opinions of the bank who made KayEm's mom sell the house though. If they had still been living there, Sparky would have been found earlier and KayEm wouldn't have had such heartache thinking he was dead.

Today KayEm called the local newspaper, since their readers enjoy such human/animal stories and they plan to send a reporter and photgrapher over to speak to her and take pix.

Amazing, says the Pisky

By the way - when we got back to the house with Sparky, we were told that Hamtaro had escaped again and was found wandering around the kitchen in search of food
- So theres a nice heavy book on the lid of his cage now - that should stop the bugger.

[Edited on 30-6-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hehe thats a super hamster i tell you. I had a hamster that was notcturnal(as most of the species are i believe) it was lazy and never tried to escape but made one hell of a racket in the middle of the night on his little wheel.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That story brought tears to my eyes.
How is Sparky now ? does he recognise KayEm and is he the same as he was before ? That's a beautiful story and truly made my day.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Greetings Raven

Long time no chat lol...been working a bit much unfortunately.

Yes, he DID recognize me, not only did he walk right up to me, he also let me pick him up and cuddle/kiss/cuddle him after I got him back here safely in his comfy home again.

He's exactly the same albeit a little older (aren't we all?).

I'm still in shock, quite frankly. I feel like the cosmos set this meeting up for me & him at that precise time. If Pisky and I had not been walking past at that moment we wouldn't have found each other again. It was no accident I am positive. It was like he was looking for me. I just couldn't believe it.

Sparky and I always had a special connection and it was that bond which brought us together again.

And yes, I have made absolutely sure he cannot escape again :-) No way !!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That really is an amazing story. I didn't even know that domestic hamsters could survive outside. Sparky must be a very special little creature.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The old rat is now sitting in his food dish gnawing away at a sunflower seed.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Once when I was little I had a hamster. My mom took me to the mall to get my pictures taken with him. He was in his plastic ball, and I wanted to carry him, so my mom let me. I dropped the ball and he escaped. it was awesome. haha. we caught him tho.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here's the 'old rat' in the flesh

new topics

top topics

join