It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I dont understand anyone who feels that no one should apologise to anyone else because of their behaviour. If you do something wrong you should say "sorry", and if something wrong is done to you then a "sorry" should be given to you!!!

The US is a school playground bully...it is threatened by any other nation who could harm it and its people so it wages war, it tries to destry nations that rise up or could rise up against it. No other country is allowed to do this except the US and i'm afraid the time of the US Superpower is coming to an end rapidly.

Your country is flat broke
Your people are turning against you
Other countries of the world are more powerful than you, you just manipulate the media to tell another story
Other countries dont want you debt anymore
You flog fake gold to pay your debts (whether thats true or not i dont know)

The American dream is over i'm afraid and the sooner the US people (God help them) figure this out and start fixing their own country from the inside without the help of "government" your country will disappear into oblivion because Russia or China would just love to have the USA trophy on their mantle piece...

I'm British and my country is very close to yours as is our people but even i can see the demise of the US in the next 0-5 years....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks, for your refreshingly honest post.

I am an American. I am well aware of our nations demise in so many ways. I should point out that many are now awakening to the truth here. Many more need to. Don't loose faith in our people. I trust we can overcome the NWO forces and rescue our nation from TPTB. If not, we indeed will become a third world nation. God save us all.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Thanks, for your refreshingly honest post.

I am an American. I am well aware of our nations demise in so many ways. I should point out that many are now awakening to the truth here. Many more need to. Don't loose faith in our people. I trust we can overcome the NWO forces and rescue our nation from TPTB. If not, we indeed will become a third world nation. God save us all.

I do and always will pray for those in the world that need it...as i'm sure people pray for me in many ways i dont understand but everyone needs to be honest with eachother and to live the 9-5 lie is killing people...

People need to be united and realise that the notions in which the US was founded no longer exist and your all being taken for a huge ride...

Wake up and smell the coffee....you owe it to yourselves and to the world

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As a long time reader of this site, I have never been so compelled to post my thoughts as I am in support of this particular thread and the OP. I know that there are many of you who will find exceptions to my rant, and I appreciate and respect your viewpoints regardless of my opinion.
Let me begin by saying that I am a 60 year old, well educated individual who has had the benefit of both living and visiting many foreign countries and experiencing their varied cultures. I have friends who live in both Europe and the Middle East and we often discuss politics and culture when together. I have found that, aside from the exceptions taken to hyper-political positions taken by the USA, most tend to admire the USA for more reasons than not. Allow me to elaborate:
More people come to the USA for advanced education than any other country in the world. Even the Chinese allow and encourage their (select) citizens to come here. Why do we have one of the highest legal immigration rates in the world? Is because we are so vile? I don’t see streams of people wanting to become citizens of the countries we apologize to. We have the highest rate of resident visa applications in the world. If China, et al, are so good, why aren’t people lining up to become citizens? Countries with Christian-Judeo values and/or histories of political tolerance, such as USA, Western Europe, Australia, and alike, all have enjoyed the position of desire for citizenship. Sure, every country and society has its warts. We all have done some pretty despicable things in our past. But they are hoisted into the public debate and, for the most part, are cleansed by the light of debate and action. I have not read anything regarding laws in China to outlaw state torture, or in Saudi Arabia or any other country with which we have rendition agreements with. Hmmmm.
Twice, the world stood on the brink of totalitarian dominance under the conflict of two world wars. Twice the USA supplied the blood and treasure to create the tipping point that determined the outcome of those conflicts. Would Western Europe and Great Britain have survived the Nazi onslaught with our engagement? Yes, we did some things that hindsight questions…internment camps for citizens of Japanese descent, and the dropping of the atomic bomb. Habeas Corpus was even suspended by Lincoln during the civil war. Countries, like people, can react inappropriately under stressing circumstances (not an excuse) under the guise of self preservation, just like you can regrettably yell at your wife or child if pushed to that point. But we have admitted most of our failings in the public forum (though not all). Have all the other countries done so? Does every country have a free press, right to free speech, right to practice religion?
Look, we live in a very complex and complicated world, far different from my childhood “duck and cover” world. Indeed, there is evil in the world – there will always be those who pursue harm and dominance over others. But I seriously doubt it is the USA. We are not on a religious Jihad to obliterate those who do not think or believe as we do. In Iraq and Afghanistan, two questionable undertakings, our goal is for them to obtain a representative form of government, not the theocracy of Iran. Our goal is not to annex them as our 52 and 53 states. Do the goals justify the means? That is what open debate and free speech is about. We each have our opinions on this, and those opinions should both be heard and respected.
From all my travels, including China and the Middle East, far more people I have met admire the USA than revile it. I too, was very altruistic and with hope for a united, peaceful world consciousness. The more I came to know of the world outside my front door, the more I realized how unobtainable and asymptotic that dream was. But I never stopped dreaming…and never stopped loving and defending my country.
In relation to the world, I have no apologies for my country. I think that says it all.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

even i can see the demise of the US in the next 0-5 years....

I'll take that bet , cuz .

While I don't agree with everything that the government does , I have to stand by my country as a whole .

I will not whore myself like all the lame-ass cowards in this thread and others , who are going to kiss ass now and then hide in their closets and pray for jesus to save their scary little ass when the defecation hits the wind machine .

Grow some balls people , nobody respects a punk or a coward . And to all you non-Americans , your limp-wrist attitude is why you live in some second-rate country .

Don't like it ? Well guess what ? I don't give a rat's ass .

ROLLS EYES

For an explanation of this, please see THIS POST
edit on 18/11/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Dear All,
I actually posted already on page 1 of this thread, but after having read through all of the rest of the thread I had to make some further comments. Nota bene this is only directed at specific posters here and not every single American.

Seriously, how the hell can some of you be so damn arrogant to make statements like "America is the best", "Our country is superior", "We should not apologise to anyone", "Without the US of A Australia would be bowing to the Japanese Emperor"? I cannot express how furious I am at your narrow minded singularly snobbish and superior mentality to think America and you, you know who you are, are actually better or superior to anyone else on this planet. Get a damn grip of your egos. Have you actually ventured out of your country to "see" the rest of the planet? Statements like you have made are the reason we are all on the edge of another World War, and no for reference America did not win WW2 single handedly. Go read up on your history and get your damn facts right please.

I am sick to death of anyone making statements like those mentioned above and found in this thread. For the record America has caused some of the worst atrocities known to man, just like every other Western country and Eastern, religion, social group, political group.

We should all apologise to each other. We should all stand up and be a little more humble and modest. Do you even know what those words mean, truly? You harp on about your freedom and differing political agenda, don't make me laugh. Everybodies sh*t stinks exactly the same. If you want to direct you venom at anyone, direct it at the governments brain washing you into drones who continue to repeat the same hatred and fear mongering drivel we see every single day in the tabloids.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being nationalistic, defending your country, it's constitution and freedoms, but only those with absolutely no concept of their fellow man would make the kind of statements i've seen here. You want to know why Americans have this stigma of being borish, strong armed, snobbish, racist, narrow minded, living in dream cookoo land over their past glory and failures? You're the reason!

Nota Bene (again) - This is directed at specific people commenting in this thread, it is not a stereotype portayal of Americans.

Please, for the love of what you believe in, take a look in the mirror at what you are and have become. What kind of ambassador are you for your country? Do you think anyone would actually want to feel empathy, love, sympathy, assist, visit or have any kind of social relationship with that kind of mentality? If you simply don't care, then you prove my point.

Regards,
A very furious T

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

ROLLS EYES

For an explanation of this, please see THIS POST

edit on 18/11/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Why not just move on verses troll a thread you don't particularly like?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I am supposed to care about your opinion of me?

Many, many people over the world roll their eyes at American grandstanding. I am simply putting it into text.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

While I don't agree with everything that the government does , I have to stand by my country as a whole .

I will not whore myself like all the lame-ass cowards in this thread and others , who are going to kiss ass now and then hide in their closets and pray for jesus to save their scary little ass when the defecation hits the wind machine .

Grow some balls people , nobody respects a punk or a coward . And to all you non-Americans , your limp-wrist attitude is why you live in some second-rate country .

No, nobody respects an arrogant pr*ck who thinks he's better than others...I'd far rather live here in the UK than in the States any day of the week.

By all means stand up to whomever may be doing whatever to you or your country but its not going to change a single thing, why? Because your government has created a race of people who are cowards and insecure because of all the "freedoms" they think they have been given. The difference between the US and the rest of the world is that nobody really likes the US, they like the American Dream, which doesnt exist anymore.

A limp-wrist attitude isnt being portrayed by me, a "real" attitude is being portrayed by me and maybe you should be the one who portrays a real attitude instead of hiding behind the macho one your showing. Do you really think the elites of your government will care about you or your attitude when TSHTF???? No, they wont...

Those who you say are cowards are the ones who will escape the cities and towns and rebuild a life elsewhere who will in time become a resistance of things when they get that bad...

The US is the second rate country...

Best Countries In The World

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I would like to refer you to admit yourself into the 'Typical American' thread. Check yourself back into reality before you continue posting in Adult conversations.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Want to be a retard?, want to be a bigot? Create a thread apologising to a country LMAO, as if the politicians are on ATS. Get real would you, and people are even worse by NOT apologising, as if the whole of China fits your stereotype that you need not apologise to.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Mega stars and flags!

Thank you!

And I am not a patriotic sheeple, but never in my wildest dreams would I feel ANY need to apologize to China. Here are some of the CURRENT atrocities of China:

Point: They brutually prosecute anyone wishing to join a spriritual movement. (Falun Gong – a new Buddhist Tai Chi-like movement was supressed in 1999 and followers have been imprisoned and beaten. Happy to provide the links: www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...)

Point: Organ harvesting is widespread. (Especially of prisoners)

Point: Torture of its own citizens is not uncommon.

Point: Let's chat about the Tibet mess, shall we? The Chinese are brutal people. Make no mistake.

Point: How does FORCED STERILIZATION grab you? Their treatment of women is atrocious.
(Link:tibettruth.com...)

Point: Human rights violations in the People's Republic of China (PRC) remain systematic and widespread. The Chinese government continues to suppress dissenting opinions and maintains political control over the legal system, resulting in an arbitrary and abusive judicial regime.

Need I go on?

And people on this thread are actually prescibing to the fact that the United States is in some way worse?

I say to you: MOVE TO CHINA THEN.

There are so many misinformed, uneducated people in this forum that I walk away some days absolutely disgusted with the things that are said.

SHAME ON YOU FOR APOLOGIZING TO CHINA when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

And by the way, if you lived in China, you would have been shot for saying such things against one's own country.

Be happy you live here.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
To both you and OKMB...
Wow, what a troll thread if I ever saw one.

What an unoriginal post made in direct contrast to what the OP of that
other thread had stated, but you (due to your insecure ego and false Patriotism)
had to create a thread to rally your skewed point of view that basically says:

"Yeah, America has done some bad things, but at least we don't __________"
I'm starting to remember the 1st grade all over again.

What's worse is that you have NO CLUE what you stand for
and have zero knowledge of what a REAL AMERICAN is and stands for.

Your thread, and your posts exemplify this fact.
It's apparent that only S&F's are important to you.

Just a touch of class wherein your posts are devoid of having:
This thread, your posts and all who agree with you don't seem to grasp
the first thing of how a nation should come together in a time of crisis
(CREATED, btw=by our precious U.S. Gov't) no less.

Retaliation, revenge, spiteful anger, lack of compassion and your own insecurities
make the rest of us good Americans look like a bunch of neanderthal cretins
searching for the power button in the darkness without a match.

Nobody was begging, crying to China:
"PLEASE don't bomb us=because we are SOOOOOO afraid of you!"

What has the U.S. gained from the recent wars? (Please respond)
What has the U.S. people gained from the recent wars?

Is it possible you lack the fortitude to allow
another fellow American the right to his opinion, without feeling the privilege
to undermine it?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
And people on this thread are actually prescibing to the fact that the United States is in some way worse?

I say to you: MOVE TO CHINA THEN.

There are so many misinformed, uneducated people in this forum that I walk away some days absolutely disgusted with the things that are said.

SHAME ON YOU FOR APOLOGIZING TO CHINA when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Be happy you live here.

I apologise TO EVERY NATION the U.S. has inappropriately touched and has colonised for
the sake of their own agenda which cannot ever be construed as the need to help *people*

You have no business speaking about China (nor any other Nation)
when you FAIL to look into your own back yard or take a good hard look in the mirror
and ask the correct questions before slamming a nation that ISN'T your own!!!

Check your own self and your nation before your quick tongue gets the best of you.
This very reason ^^^ makes you a bias unAmerican.

You: ARE a U.S. Government created Slave allowed Gov't granted privileges (that can be revoked at ANY time)
for any reason they deem fit. Your perception of the U.S. being so fruitful and wondrous
is proof the mind will see what it *wants* to see and not what is actually happening
because of your willful ignorance in not knowing how the system works, nor how to escape it.

A flat screen, smartphone, internet, and all other amenities and luxuries you owned
were purchased with debt and the fiat money earned through your labor was created with debt.

Essentially you are committing crimes against your state, in which the Gov't incinerates your rights
for your precious privileges you pay out of your a$$ for -which are voluntary until you signed the line.

You were born a bankrupt and stillborn slave.
Tell me please how this is a good thing and we should over look this simply because
China's Gov't is mean to its people?

WHAT does China have to do with the United States policy as to how it treats the American People?
edit on 18-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Misoir

Want to be a retard?, want to be a bigot? Create a thread apologising to a country LMAO, as if the politicians are on ATS. Get real would you, and people are even worse by NOT apologising, as if the whole of China fits your stereotype that you need not apologise to.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic..

According to your blissful and enlightened logic based stance:
If these adjectives describe these people who have done what you have
whimsically judged them to be doing...

What does that make you?
A retarded bigot that seeks to one up these members' opinions to prop up
YOUR own retarded bigot saturated posts?

C'mon now.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Why can you not refute their mission statements or posts without
resorting to name calling?

Is this the way to treat people
who disagree with you?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Ah, I seem to have hit a nerve here:

Let me tell you something pal.

I can get up everyday and worship the way I'd like to without fear of torture and imprisonment because I live in the UNIITED STATES OF AMERICA.

No one is going to come to my house and FORCE me into STERILAZATION because I LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I will NOT BE IMPRISONED for having opinions that differ from my governments.

MY ORGANS WILL NOT BE HARVESTED against my will.

I DO NOT LIVE in a place where I can not BREATHE the air.

I am proud that the United States has done MANY things right. Why do YOU SUPPOSE that the Chinese are the third largest immigrant group in the US? Since 2006, Chinese immigration has incread FIVE-FOLD, my friend. FIVE FOLD.

I don't see anyone trying to sneak over the Chinese border. Do you?

The Chinese are a brutal and brash people.

Their human rights record is abysmal.

How can you argue otherwise?

How about I make a post with PICTURES and LINKS?

Let's really educate these people here at ATS.

edit on 18-11-2010 by MRuss because: left out a word....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

America is exceptional alright.

Exceptional at military spending.

Exceptional at keeping its population divided and distracted.

Exceptional at the double standard (more then double actually).

Exceptional at thinking not much exists outside America.

The positive traits America is exceptional for are positive despite our best efforts.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I apologize to no one, I didnt commit any crime I never hurt anyone. Thats like asking a German to apologize for being German. Screw that, I work hard to feed half the world including my government appointed enemies. Maybe the American people are sick of having to fight in everyones wars, maybe were sick of feeding everyones people, maybe were sick of having to send our doctors to fight disease in 3rd world countries, maybe we're sick of everyone thinking it's our job to clean up after every flood,earthquake and tsunami. Maybe just maybe the American people are sick of you. When do we ask for help? We ask for help even less then we recieve it. I'm not talking about our crappy nutsak of a government I'm talking about the people.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Ah, I seem to have hit a nerve here:

Let me tell you something pal.

How can you argue otherwise?

How about I make a post with PICTURES and LINKS?

Let's really educate these people here at ATS.

(1) I don't get offended by anything. The inherent right to an opinion is my first priority when
I choose to respond to a poster...I respond out of the need to discuss and possibly educate
based on facts, not on emotion.

(2) I'm not your pal, guy
j/k of course

(3) The point (that I made) in which you have chosen to ignore is that it is NOT
about China, nor how it as a nation treats its people. Personally I think it is horrible
and my empathy compels me to feel bad about their situation, however this isn't what
the main idea is *IF* you're an American.

(4) The point of this thread doesn't seem to be the education of the ATS community.

In the end Saddam was a horrible Dictator (true or untrue?)
We as a country had ZERO business being there and I have a handful of friends either dead,
suffering from illnesses that range from DU exposure to PTSD. -Is this Iraq's fault?

Sure, you could also say that compared to Iraq...the U.S. has _______ which is better than______.
While I am appreciative and thankful of what I had...I earned it.
Even if it was via my slaved labor and purchased with the fiat money I 'earned.'

Some people are born with determination while others have learned it.
*IF* I didn't believe in the power of freedom and our Constitution I'd have been gone a long time ago.

My will and personal intuition compels me to seek out the truth.
And not get muddied up in an idea that doesn't want to see the actual implications of having it
-especially when this idea is directed at another nation of which we can do NOTHING about.

^^^Can the same be said of the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join