It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by Misoir

You are a sad individual. Yes China has caused problems, but not in as many countries as America has. Pathetic how your are so proud of the genocide/crimes against humanity your country has caused. Don't believe me look at the death toll from the illegal war on Iraq.

I don't think OPs has said he is proud of that, or the wars, or anything of that nature.

What the point is, from what I can see, is that we as a nation have no need to give apologies to china for who we are.

To blame all the worlds problems on the united states is not the most intelligent thing to do, in the same way blaming the worlds problems on china, or little green men, etc..is also not a clever thing.

What country are you from? narnia? I have no doubt whatever country you list, there is a long line of dirty laundry...the thing is, do we become self loathing as a nation, whatever nation it is, and start apologising to the world...or do we stand up, show some dignity and pride in the homestead, and try your best to clean up the mess that has been done in your name before...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

China is not asking for an apology! God! one person makes a thread about it, and everyone gets it into their head that China wants an apology. Really! what does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
reply to post by Misoir

Should have taken MacArthur's advice and taken care of them when we had the chance. It's going to be much messier now. And it is only a matter of time, IMO...

And we can always thank a Democrat for firng General MacArthur.

Star and flag! In the 65 years since the end of the Second World War, the United States has been called on by the governments of so many nations for aid in one form or another. We give, give, give, give and give. Our young men and women have made the supreme sacrifice for these foreign governments and their people.

What do we get in return? Our civilians kidnapped, tortured and killed. Images from around the world saying "DIe Yankee Die." Planes being flown into buildings in the center of metropolitan areas. This is the "Thank you America" for the billions of American dollars and thousands upon thousands of American lives. To the Devil with rest of the world (commies and theocratical governments). We owe them nothing and they owe us nothing.

In fact, we may owe them an apology because our liberal thinking government is to blame for their backward mentality they possess today.

edit on 18/11/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Yeah, because thats why America went to war with Iraq, was for the Iraq people! what BS. Oil OIl OIl! Hve you seen the state of Iraq now? Saddam might have been bad, but Iraq is a worse now than it was then!

As for world war two. When you FINALLY did join the war, that was basically because you had no choice. If germany and japan had taken Europe and asia, then you would have been next.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Man I haven't laughed so hard in weeks, thanks for the thread man.

Modernday Hypocrasy is so fudguing amazing.
One country accuses the other of dictatorship and totalitarian, while they are just as bad imo.
Unbelievable that not 40 years ago people where treated differently , arrested, killed, hated, in one country because of skincolor, but what happens in China seems to be so much worse.
We are all willing to forget that women just got their equal rights not 30 or 40 years ago, hell they still don't get paid the same as a man.

It's like watching a irronic comedy sometimes.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The USA is a special nation for us always upholding our liberty, constitution, and freedom.

Then, several posts later...

Our government is not great and they don’t even do a good job at representing us or even protecting us and our liberty.

So which is it? The latter.

So quit trying to turn this back on the USA and act like I completely dismiss every bad thing the US has ever done or continues to do. I acknowledge these faults but I also know that we peacefully solve these problems quickly.

This is so untrue it's laughable. Question: Which country is directly responsible for the greatest number of armed conflicts in the past century? Answer: It ain't China.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Misoir

Well good if you Aussies don’t like us ‘Yanks’ that’s fine with us.

Another country that would be kowtowing to the Japanese emperor if not for the US of A.

The Japs made meals of Aussies in New Guinea. No really the Japanese soldiers ATE them, as in dinner.

Really? Looks like someone didn't read their history books very well. Look up Milne Bay, the first ever defeat on land of the Japanese army. The battle was fought by reservists as our regulars were fighting in North Africa. I am well aware of the very large contribution made by the States in WWII, and in saving Australia in particular, but at least read about the history that you're trying to insult people with. As for "try living in China", I do live here, have done for 7 years and I would advise most people on this thread to try it(or any country for that matter), if only to break down the prejudices built into us by the MSM and TPTB.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

LOL... The US can't sell one of their good allies a superior warplane, that would give us air superiority in the south pacific..

Don't forget that Indonisia is also a huge US ally and houses a major US base in the region. They want AU under-defended so the Indo's can walk in at some point. The US won't allow AU to defend it self against another US ally with US equipment..heh

Truthfully, AU should never have given away half the tech that the US uses today in their millitary.. We should have kept it for ourselves and built all the stuff ourselves... Though today, if we started to buld our own warplanes, ships & armor on a massive scale, we'd prolly get bombed by out loving brothers across the atlantic, with the excuse we're making weapons of mass distruction... LOLOL

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by moffandrew

And I've just demonstrated my inability to use the quote function.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

To China and the world

So if this was directed at China, why did you add "and the world" to the title...you know that recent thread pondering the idea of what typical American is? Yeah, well this thread should be submitted there...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I agree with you on the brutal dictatorship and the death of their freedoms

but I can see sense in their population control attempts , by limiting childbirth !
People should be more responisble with how they have children , its not a benefit claim , like in the UK
and its not an accident , its a natural human thing m but we have evolved past , child birth for passing on the correct genes for the survival of our species , we should be more careful when planning a family

I know accidents happen , but people should show they are responsible adults before having children

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. This biased thread only amplifies the fact that both the US and China aren't countries I'd like to be in. I stopped reading this post at "we will just nuke em". You've got to be kidding.

I mean birth control is just absolutely necessary and a bit brutal, yes. They use a lot of brute force to control the nation, correct. But given the fact that multiple US governments let happen/executed horrible attacks on their own people killing thousands just to be involved in a war (killing tens of thousands) for PROFITS, I'd say you're just about even.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Both countries suck.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
China and America are just as bad as each other... well - every country is just as bad!

Like here in the UK, we get up to just as much dodgy # as the US - we just have more experience of hiding it from the masses

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

USA IS THE GREATEST!!!

Oh wait.....no no I got that wrong........

CHINA IS THE GREATEST!!!

Hmmm.....

From my outsiders point-of-view you're both as bad as each other. Both countries are vying for global superpower position and crushing anyone that gets in their way. Personally, I get sick to death of hearing patriotic rants from people who are so entrenched in their own system and thought-processes that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

I'll give you guys a little hint - nobody outside America or China gives a damn. Whenever we hear or see comments like AMERICA IS THE GREATEST!!!! we literally roll our eyes and look at each other as if to say "Oh God there goes that loud-mouthed American again, lets just go over there out of earshot so he or she can whinge to their hearts content and not bother our ears with it."

Get the hell over yourselves, seriously.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
Both countries suck.

Ahhh...... but China produces more vacuum cleaners...... so they would suck more

Not picking any sides, although I love Wontons and don't care for McDonalds, but if every Country started apologizing for every screw up and problems they caused other Nations......... well, the Earth would be a very sorry place.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
A perfect example of the american brainwashing.

I am curious to know what makes the USA so great and unique in the world. Something so great that no other country has it, something so awesome the USA created it first? Something so good and unique we can only associate it to the great USA? Honestly I can only think of two things:

Hollywood
Mountain Dew

Freedom, liberty, democracy, protector of the free world and freedom of speech?
Sheesh this is propaganda for the average joe who never travelled and think the USA is the only Free Country in the World, innit? And even God is blessing America, since the Americans are so righteous (Guantanamo doesn't count, not technically on US soil). America the world police, liberating countries (only the unfriendly and weak ones), bringing you the best food (you know the one that never rots or the GM vegs?), bringing justice (for big corporations first of course).
And the USA is just a very good example of impartiality (no double standards, specially not for a small middle eastern country!).

I rather enjoy a glass of quality wine and good food at a french restaurant, working a single 35h/w job that is allowing me to live comfortably and save something every month, happy to pay the extra taxes to allow:

all my health and unemployment problems solved
guaranteed education for myself and my children
free healthcare
housing benefit and jobseeker's allowance if the shtf
a decent retirement plan even if not saving for it

It also feels good knowing exactly what is in the food I eat and drink pure water from the tap.

That's what I call a great country, not one run by and for corporations.

I don't understand how blind can people be, the world is a big place and the USA is certainly not in the top 5 or 10 best democracies when it comes to exceptional.
edit on 18-11-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Everything you mentioned more or less takes place in America as well.

Sorry for America's ignorance China!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Thanks OP for this much needed thread. The US will not kneel to China or any Nation.
That thread you are referring to is a coward and shouldn`t be here in the US to post it. China is by far a sick country in many ways with their Military Government and lets not forget the poison they sent us in our kids toys..

You are just all kinds of special, your statement above reminds me of the "Typical American" thread. You say one nation is worst than your own? Who is to really say which nation is worse? make a pro and con list?

They poisoned our foods and toys? Does American corporations and FDA not do the same?

Get back to reality and quit your bitching and moaning, nobody is perfect and we here at ATS have all pretty much agreed that pointing fingers isn't even a viable solution to move forward.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join