To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Very interesting video...at least for the people wondering in which year China/India will catch up and overtake the US in terms of income/citizen.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I like how in the original post, the video for 'The Dying Rooms' states that "Western Bankers" told the leader of China to control the population by any means necessary. We are apart of an orchestrated play, perpetrated by TPTB and acted out by rich & powerful GroupThinks around the world.

There is a bigger picture here. The American people do not owe apologies to anyone, and the same can be said for the Chinese.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

tell me about it man... Look at all this mess the British have caused, out there trying to civilize the natives with their empire the sun never set on but it would seem they are confined to this tiny little island now. Should we thank Britain or let Islam do it for the rest of the nations who's waters they have tread ?

wait they already are eh !

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
and please... don't come crying to USA when your island is overrun with people who want to pour boiling oil down your throats. We rebuked you and formed our own union... If I was living in Britain in this point in history I too would be learning to speak Chinese.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well you bloody should because you fascist bastards are tring to feel up all of your tourists before they decide that Spain or Egypt are more worthy countries of visititation next year. Arghhhhhh.. Will you please stop this madness anyway possible before it spreads anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

you should have restrained your fellow country man before he sided with the naysayers and trying to get everyone to blame the USA for the worlds problems. We are not down with the aristocracy and have our own battle to refight with their butts in the coming future.

you could always be learning Canadian french too lol, most of my fellow country men are just cool with India/China/S. America ect, but them Canadians too are like some sour couple living in a loft over a great party and always banging their foot on the dang floor !

www.youtube.com...
Robin Williams

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I will say whatever I want. If it bothers you, refute it.
If you want to dehumanize the Chinese people - it's your prerogative.
I don't have to agree with you.

If you haven't noticed there is a non stop day in and day out all day everyday 24/7 bashing of the US here at ATS.

Bullcrap.
This is only your narrow, "tunnel vision" a prejudiced, false perspective and a flat out lie.

You choose to notice only those threads that hold the USA accountable for it's actions - as if this is some sort of treason!
You might think blind allegiance is patriotic.
It is irresponsible, cowardly and unhelpful to a democracy that doesn't need any more broken treaties or liars.
We are full up. Throw the bums out!
How does blind allegiance without owning or acknowledging shortcomings make you any different from the average Chinese?
No different at all.
It makes you and the country you hail from arrogant, self righteous, buffoons.
Some Americans are UGLY all right. I have seen them in action.
You can sugar coat bullcrap - but it is still bullcrap.

edit on 21-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I like how in the original post, the video for 'The Dying Rooms' states that "Western Bankers" told the leader of China to control the population by any means necessary. We are apart of an orchestrated play, perpetrated by TPTB and acted out by rich & powerful GroupThinks around the world.

There is a bigger picture here. The American people do not owe apologies to anyone, and the same can be said for the Chinese.

You are so right. American people owe no apologies and indeed the same can be said for the vast majority of Chinese citizens. 200 protests a day are held by the Chinese people against their government.

Some Americans hold America to a higher standard than the rest of the world because we honestly believe America is a leader and should command respect and deserve the respect it commands.
We should maintain a moral high ground and not sink to the level of countries we criticize.
Because another country does something worse doesn't excuse America's errors.

We are better than most, if you are not counting infant mortality rate, accidental shooting deaths, or even education. (unacceptable!)

In these areas we slid terribly behind and if we don't stop patting ourselves on the back - recognize it and address those problems we will stay behind and others will surpass us.
Some folks handle this bad news by burying their heads in the sand or denying it.
They might even roll out a list of areas where we are "better than..." this or that country because of these other things we have going for us.
Does this make it excusable that we are number 27 in infant mortality rate?
Will continuing to create scapegoats and false comparisons save our infants lives. Not hardly.

So why is asking your own country to be the best at everything so bad?
Why is asking your country to be accountable, maintain it's integrity and follow through on it's promises, all of a sudden taken as some sort of a treason?

I have to figure, to some folks posting in this thread concepts like accountability, integrity and honesty are all old fashioned and out-dated ideas.
They don't require these high standards of themselves.
Why think they might expect it from their country?

Cut throats and liars do not a country make. Not this country anyway. Not MY AMERICA.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is not a very progressive attitude man. Sure China have a bad history of human rights abuses, this is well documented. But do you REALLY think that it in any way compares to the list against the US? If so that's totally fine. Although it's not all that helpful to be stubborn about any issue, they're both bad, they both abuse human rights. This is the first step towards progress, acknowledging guilt on both sides, no apology needed.

The child limit is in place to deal with china's overwhelming population issues though, I think they're just trying to be pragmatic, as they do tend to play the 'long game'.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Some people also forget that China was THE world leader in science and economy for thousands of years before the West took over. It's not as if we've always been the dominant race economically/militarily/scientifically...and it's only logical that we probably won't keep that position forever, just like China didn't keep it forever.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
@Chinesis

www.youtube.com...

your gig is up...

(1) You can't answer my questions: because you don't even know the answer(s)
(2) You aren't a very good American demonstrated by your posts.

Of course my replies aren't very popular...
Would you like to know why?
Leave your ego and American Pride at the door...please.

Please kindly refute what I have said.
I've destroyed your illusions with facts.
What have you done?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It shouldn't be "we" or "them." It should be "us" the united people of the world. But you see your nationalistic pride, and patriotism with which you are all instilled with since you are kids, will prevent that from ever happening. It will be used to manipulate you, foment racial, national divisions, and ethnic hatreds, but never will you be united. The world has been designed that way. Nationalism and patriotism are the scourge of our time.

A professor once said:

Schools in all countries inculcate the principles of patriotism. . . . The conditioning that requires all to rally around the flag is of particular importance in winning subordination to military and foreign policy.

The systematic conditioning that fomented the creation of this thread for example is going on in both communistic countries and western societies as well.

And noted historian Arnold Tonybee on nationalism:

The spirit of nationality is a sour ferment of the new wine of democracy in the old bottles of tribalism.

Not until the tribalistic ideas of nationalism and patriotism are done away with will people be able to see all mankind as a united race and one family, until that time, and until nationalism and patriotism are abolished (which will be never, unless all those who foment this thinking are done away with) you will continue to have division, hatred, sacred egotisim for one's one country above another's, and war.

edit on 21-11-2010 by Calender because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-11-2010 by Calender because: punctuation, grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Some people also forget that China was THE world leader in science and economy for thousands of years before the West took over. It's not as if we've always been the dominant race economically/militarily/scientifically...and it's only logical that we probably won't keep that position forever, just like China didn't keep it forever.

What the hell...

You´re of the same race as the Chinese.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

What the hell...

You´re of the same race as the Chinese.

What the hell...

You're of the same race as the Chinese too!

HUMAN

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Yes, and some people forget, or don't even know the inventions that have come out of China

Chinese inventions

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Nice post, and so true!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

You don't say!

Edit:

That was exactly the thought in my head, aren't we all human?
edit on 21-11-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The thread title rather remind me of "Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance (The American Empire Project)"

And here is another way to look at "mass murder", read Chomsky's "Power and Terror - post-9/11 talks and interviews" p78-80

btw, how many died in 911 by the hands of the "terrorists" who used controlled demolition? Jim Marrs? Hows that compared to Tiananmen when you talk about "tyranny"?

Perhaps one may find answers in "Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda"

"Propaganda," says Noam Chomsky, "is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state"

www.amazon.com...=ntt_at_ep_dpi_5

the inside job of 911 incident IMO makes the zenith of that propaganda.

Its also noteworthy to mention what former Singaporean prime minister Lee Kuan Yew says about Tiananmen incident in his Memoirs, "if similar incident happened in Singapore i would have acted rather quickly to quiet it down; the Chinese didnt have rubber bullets"

IMO, the Chinese government was stupid and naive (as Lee Kuan Yew puts it), so were the people who protested for a pair of Nike shoes. (In a western made documentary about Tiananmen square incident, one of the prominent student leader Wu'erkaixi was asked the question "why did you demonstrate against the government in 1989?", after a pause, he replied "because we want a pair of Nike shoes".)
edit on 21-11-2010 by sunsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

folks we got word up here on stage that there's some nasty stuff going around...

Do not take the brown Acid !

I repeat...

Do not take the brown Acid !

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

yes I would say that Great Firewall is some great feat of advancement...

MrXYZ, Tear down these walls !!!

new topics
top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join