It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I guess you missed my edit, that no the US does not openly and massively murder protesters in the streets, although its police is among the most brutal and repressive on the planet (they don't limit themselves to nerve gas and tasers) and they DO allow themselves to shoot or beat to death individuals when not too compromised by crowds or TV reporters. They don't do it, not because it's anticonstitutional, despotic, or simply "wrong", but because they don't have to go THAT far yet. They don't need it. They've got a deeply divided people, largely brainwashed into apathy and unsignificant fictions, who are usually found to be more busy at pointing the finger at the neighbors, migrant workers or the poor than organizing together to fight TPTB, like the people in China have been doing massively over the past years with mega worker strikes and disruptions, occupations of factories, and rioting by the millions.

And btw China is indeed a totalitarian regime. Much like the US, Canada and the EU are, just with a way more complex and crowded State. When we'll see, at least, your government being accountable to the rights and liberties of its people in its policies (the latest bill on controlling the Internet is one more foot in the other direction), and to respect as well the sovereignty of the people and their governments in foreign countries, now there will be a good reason to point the finger at China, Russia, Cuba, or whatever country that doesn't accept being a colony of the US/NATO.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
I am not trying to impress people. Its only you that thinks im impressing, and impressing has not even come into my mind. Im just saying the way it is, and of course my experience of a western man who has lived and seen alot of China.

No, you're not impressing anyone actually.

It's interesting though how many times you have stated it as if it's a measure of importance otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up practically in every thread you are on regarding China.

On topic. Having a critical view of China is par for the course. They like the US are global players. Like the US has been for the past 30 to 40 years, China will be put under the international microscope and will be critiqued and criticized and if China wishes to be a Global leader they had better develop thicker skin and deal with criticism. They will quickly realize that Global opinion cannot be squashed the way things are dealt with internally in China.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Like i said before Patriotism for your country is horrible, and i wish people had the same Patriotism for the planet instread. But i truely believe that most of these hardcore Patriots would put there country before the planet, and its sad. Patriotism for your country causes more problems than people realise. But i guess, being as primitive as we are at the moment, this won't change for a very long time in my opinion.

Wow , did they kiss you after that last session ?

Nobody here is saying that your wife and family are bad but , What slayer just said about the currency is absolutely correct . Hell , it's even old news on MSM .

Have they asked me for an apology ? No , they have not . Would I , if asked ? No , I would not . This whole thread is a knock-off from another thread . I agree with this one but , disagree with the other one . You disagree with this one , maybe you could find a comfort zone in the other one .

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No, you're not impressing anyone actually.

I don't give a crap about that. Im not here to impress anyone!

It's interesting though how many times you have stated it as if it's a measure of importance otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up practically in every thread you are on regarding China

How many times do i have to say this! I have brought it up for perfectly good reasons. How many people who are bitching about China have actually been there themselves. Close to zero, i would think. I have given you examples on why i brought it up. Go look through the thread again and see for yourself.

On topic. Having a critical view of China is par for the course. They like the US are global players. Like the US has been for the past 30 to 40 years, China will be put under the international microscope and will be critiqued and criticized and if China wishes to be a Global leader they had better develop thicker skin and deal with criticism. They will quickly realize that Global opinion cannot be squashed the way things are dealt with internally in China

You don't have to tell me this. China will have to change alot of stuff, considering they will be the next big super power, and i am sure they will.

okbmd

Do you think China owe you an apology? No, off course they don't. And this is the sad thing about this thread. No one is asking for an apology

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
You make it sound as if China is the cause for your problems. No one forced the US government to sell treasury bills to China.

The economic house of cards could only remain for so long, eventually, the truth always comes out. The government, corporations, and citizens were so focused on CONSUMPTION, without having the proper financial means, that they had to keep borrowing money. And where does the government get its money? Foreign governments!!

China had money, they figured the US is a good investment...now they know differently. That doesn't change the fact that the US owes China money. If that makes your patriotic heart burn in agony...sorry...but that's business. So no, you don't owe China an apology...but you DO owe it a TON of money because it funded your government's spending spree for decades.

What worries me is the prospect of America offering to pay this debt with the quantatively eased $trillion. How can this not cause negative impact on international trade relations when one 'customer' deals in MONOPOLY money!

It worries me more that borrowing heavily and then devaluing the currency, seriously undermining the return on the loan may have been an aggressive fiscal strategy to maintain and strengthen economic dominance. I think it could be construed as an act of war and I think the prime focus of Obama's state visits to the Far East has either been damage limitations or haggling terms.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

okbmd

Do you think China owe you an apology?

Please show where I implied or insinuated this ?

Second line , just to keep this thread alive .

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The great thing about the USA is that if people really are fed up with the country they are free to leave. Try to pack your things, gather your family and move out of China. You might get as far as the closest reeducation camp. I love my country but fear my government. I do still believe that the people of this country can make a difference. Most people are too busy working to buy things they don't really need instead of trying to make a difference.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Thank you . It always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when a Canadian comes along to educate me about my own country .

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

Most countries dont want Americans now

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by helix1776dragon

isitjustme

I'd listen to him...

He speaks for all 6.5 Billion people

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
So, you think im biased towards China because i call on people on this thread talking rubbish about China. You think that means im being biased. Am i being biased towards China when i answer back to people on this thread who say "if they get in our way, we will nuke them"?

You need to learn how to identify people that are beyond common sense and rational thought.
While in your experience China can be a nice place to be it's not to many people (which is irrelevant)
given their treatment of their people does NOT affect American based policies that
DO screw with good Americans and their rights/freedoms.

You are repeating yourself though Jay.
We get what you are saying and it doesn't change anything.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Then stop trying to impress people with whom you married. My Ex-wife is from Guatemala and I've been there a few times. Neither she nor I know everything there is to know about Guatemala. Sure we have our opinions but hey they're OPINIONS. My last Girlfriend is Canadian now living here in the States again I've been there a few times doesn't make her nor I experts we have our opinions on Canada and so it goes....

And to think, all this started because of one persons opinion. How sad!

Both of you need to learn how to apply READING COMPREHENSION
when reading each others posts.

Why both of you grown ups are arguing over trivial BS
is beyond the scope of common sense and reason

China has nothing to do with the US's treatment of its own people.
A person's wife has nothing to do with how China treats its people.
A person's experience (or perception of a Country)

An American's negative perception of China (through the witnessed actions of China) is #ING meaningless.

Get over yourselves banging on your chest trying to be a nation's murderous accountant.
It doesn't matter because both Countries have #ed things up for their people.

mmmmmkay?

The real question is why aren't YOU diverting your attention and resources into
creating a better America for your children who have to grow up in the midst
of all the BS CONgress and Obama have helped create.

To the funny people who think because I didn't mention George Bush as well...
All politicians are inclusive to our system's destruction.
is irrelevant when pointing out a Country has committed atrocities
against anyone -WE ALL GET THAT SLAYER, k????

If you're an American-unless you're part of the solution.
YOU are a part of the problem.

This ^^^is all that really matters.
Are you a good American?
How?

edit on 19-11-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

You are welcome to your opinion.

I'll keep mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
the fact that we can even have this thread go on and foster debate/conversation is what makes me love my country most of all. i've recently realized how much i've taken for granted being an american. we lucked out big time

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
reply to post by Misoir

The great thing about the USA is that if people really are fed up with the country they are free to leave. Try to pack your things, gather your family and move out of China. You might get as far as the closest reeducation camp. I love my country but fear my government. I do still believe that the people of this country can make a difference. Most people are too busy working to buy things they don't really need instead of trying to make a difference.

The discrepancy between having a choice (or not)
to leave the country you are residing in is another completely irrelevant point
because doing so does nothing for the Country nor its people.

Your last point rings true for "most" Americans.
Personal possessions like the ones they crave can only be attained through slave labor
and to them? Making a difference means to pick L or R and shout how they
hate the illegals who steal our jobs so they can have anchor babies with tax payers footing the bill.

In order to create real change people have to be willing to sacrifice their precious
comfortably numb way of life...

The issue is not enough people want, or even KNOW what this means.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Of course you are.
This is implied with people who discuss a topic.

Do you really think pointing out how bad China is as a country somehow
makes you feel better as an American and erases America's greedy murderous lineage?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

makes you feel better as an American and erases America's greedy murderous lineage?

AND here I thought you were being well informed of the thread replies posted on this thread.
Where exactly have I stated the US is innocent? Let's be real here.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Chinesis

AND here I thought you were being well informed of the thread replies posted on this thread.
Where exactly have I stated the US is innocent? Let's be real here.

This is my point:
Your posts seem to do much of the same thing...

Out of all of the possible choices one could state, or comment on
How would you classify your group of posts in this particular thread?

On one hand you state how the U.S. has done considerable wrong...
But most of the posts I've seen you write begin, or end with showcasing China's
horrible actions against its own people.

Why do this and what are you stating here?
Could it be: "well, sure America has done its share of wrong but at least they don't bulldoze their
own people via tanks...." ????

Either way, IT doesn't matter. -Because it is irrelevant when it comes to OUR nation.
You cannot dismiss a Government's deeds just because they rank lower on the murder scale
of a particular event...Did America reaped what it had sown when Pearl Harbor?
Did America KNOW it was coming?

At any rate What does matter to me (as an American) is that WE the people must
band together and create the change we all need to happen...

Which is why I'd asked you (but you refused to respond) ?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Never-mind. Have a good one...

PEACE

edit on 19-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Heh...thread still going. Kinda funny given China never asked for an apology

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
any gwailo will be treated well above others in china.

so that does not reflect the state of things for the locals.

i have to carry my id coz that's the law. never once had to show it but have seen cops stopping other asians for papers.

lost my train of thought, for us westerners it is no problem, locals have real problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join