It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To China and the world - We do NOT apologize

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
No surprise to see another rabid American puffing out his chest with cries of "We do not apologize."

No one wants your apology, and you will not be forgiven for your people's crimes. The suffering for America is just beginning. Alhamdulillah.

Perhaps a President Palin will rectify things, insha'Allah.

China is just another version of America. May Allah destroy both of you.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbuMusaab
No surprise to see another rabid American puffing out his chest with cries of "We do not apologize."

No one wants your apology, and you will not be forgiven for your people's crimes. The suffering for America is just beginning. Alhamdulillah.

Perhaps a President Palin will rectify things, insha'Allah.

China is just another version of America. May Allah destroy both of you.

Don't bring religon into this. There is enough hate already!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

There is no hate. That's a big misconception. There are objectives and obstacles. Obstacles are to be removed, and objectives are to be reached. It's nothing personal and never will be.

Let China and America have at it. Insha'Allah, they will both destroy each other.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely. Neither is going to start a war with the other, and we are going to have to suffer with this status quo for some time.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
we're on a mission...to spread peace and democracy so that every man and woman may be allotted the freedoms and the opportunity that all free men/women have had here in America. For over 200 years we have been the envy of nations and we are used to the naysayers. It is nothing new that the English language is spoken across the entire planet and there is nothing stopping the most efficient language from taking hold anywhere so may the best one win.

Haven't you heard... it's a battle of words !

edit on 18-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Lol it sounds like you think America invented the English language lol

Mandarin is the most popular language in the world by the way

1. Mandarin Chinese - 882 million
2. Spanish - 325 million
3. English - 312-380 million
4. Arabic - 206-422 million
5. Hindi - 181 million

yes it would sound that way to you maybe but do not take my comments out of context... the haters are good at that and we can smell it a mile away. It really is too bad China's language is far inferior, do you know how many dialects they have in China ? It is the same with India but were cool with them because they are good people and they happen now to be the largest Democracy in the world. English is the most efficient language and there is no denying that, this is the term I used in my comments. Mandarin is spoken only in China and who knows even if it the prevailing language ? China has not united its people under a unified language and they will always be divided over that. You may put words into people mouths all you want to try to prove your own truth to yourself and the rest of the naysayers in this thread with little to no knowledge of history and how things got this way... Like I said may the best one win ! do you think you will be speaking Mandarin in UK anytime soon ? It may have popularity numbers and that is not at all what I am comparing it to, obviously this flew completely over your head.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Modern English, sometimes described as the first global lingua franca, is the dominant language or in some instances even the required international language of communications, science, information technology, business, aviation, entertainment, radio and diplomacy.

English takes aspects from every language on the planet, China's numbers can account for nothing because they can not even even communicate amongst each other. Now if you want to pit the number of Beijing Mandarin speaking Chinese against a world of English speaking nations then you may get a clearer picture of what I am on to here.

boom boom tis...

edit on 19-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: )

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Mandarin is becoming more and more popular around the world, that you can't deny. Even in the uk, Mandarin is being taught in schools, but when i was young it was french and spanish. And when they do becoming top dog, it will be more popular to learn Chinese, just like it is for English.

And what the hell do you mean by this quote

It is the same with India but were cool with them because they are good people and they happen now to be the largest Democracy in the world

So, Chinese are bad people now? is that what you are saying? Also, i am not an American hater. If you hate a government for their crimes, that does not mean you hate the country. I hate the Chinese government, and i am not too fond of my own governmet, esp considering America says jump, and we say how high!

I am here on this thread because i have been to China, and i have lived in China, half my family are Chinese, and i don't think its right for one nation to say this and that about China, when they do terrible things too. They are both as bad as each other.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Mandarin is becoming more and more popular around the world, that you can't deny

yes I can and the rest of the world would most likely agree, even the Chinese Gov knows this... here is your divided China. And btw which type of Mandarin would you be referring to ?

edit on 19-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Mandarin is becoming more and more popular around the world, that you can't deny

yes I can and the rest of the world would most likely agree, even the Chinese Gov knows this... here is your divided China.

Most populous first language, native language, mother tongue.
Mandarin 855 million
Hindi 366 million
Spanish 358 million
English 341 million
Arabic 206 million
Most populous language learned as a second language.
Mandarin 178 million
Hindi -
Spanish 59 million
English 850 million
Arabic 216 million
Most popular language spoken in the world?
Mandarin 855 million + 178 million = 1,050 million
Hindi 366 million + - = 366 million
Spanish 358 million + 59 million = 417 million
English 341 million + 850 million = 1,500 million
Arabic 206 million + 216 million = 422 million

Wow, 3rd. Now, thats not bad is it. Just think what it will be in say 10/20 years as China becomes more popular. Like i said, they have already started teaching mandarin in schools in the UK.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You going to answer my question? You saying Chinese are bad people?

It is the same with India but were cool with them because they are good people

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morrisI hate the Chinese government, and i am not too fond of my own governmet, esp considering America says jump, and we say how high!

well if you weren't such arses back in the day we wouldn't have kicked your butts ! and as we can see also it takes a long time for people to change...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morrisI hate the Chinese government, and i am not too fond of my own governmet, esp considering America says jump, and we say how high!

well if you weren't such arses back in the day we wouldn't have kicked your butts ! and as we can see also it takes a long time for people to change...

Kicked our buts?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You going to answer my question? You saying Chinese are bad people?

It is the same with India but were cool with them because they are good people

the people are not bad people no, the Chinese Gov on the other hand I do not agree with.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

in America we call it the Revolutionary War, thats when we kicked the pompous aristocracy's butt and formed our own union

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AbuMusaab

wow, shouldn't you be on your way to medina?

pretty rad dude.

didn't know you can get broadband way out there in the dessert.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

in America we call it the Revolutionary War, thats when we kicked the pompous aristocracy's butt and formed our own union

Kicked our butts lol I don't think so.

The British won due to the fact that they completed their objectives; defend Canada by killing the Americans who tried to invade.

American Deaths:11,300 killed, wounded or missing in action.

British Deaths: 8,600 killed, wounded or missing in action.

See related links below.

I would also like to add that Britain won the last battle between the two countries - "Battle of Fort Bowyer" and that during the time of this war Britain was also involved in the napoleon war. The Americans having failed all their objectives, forfeited and wanted to sign a peace treaty.

Additional answer: I'd like to add to his slightly. I am in Canada, where most Canadians claim to have won the war due to the American failure to capture Canada. I, however, look at it from this point of view: The British were forced to give up all the land gains they'd made during the war (true, the Americans also had to give back land, but it was not nearly as large an area). As well, the Americans were granted fishing rights in the St Lawrence river, which had previously been solely British. But lost the right to place warships in the great lakes. I believe it was strategically an British victory, as they successfully achieved their sole purpose.

Another Answer: The Americans had their fighting rights in the Maritimes and Great lakes taken away shortly after the war, and not returned until the 1850's. Also, most of the US war aims were never achieved. The returning of territory to the US does not mean that strategically the US won, if that were the case, then the British/Canadians won the war while the US won the peace treaty. Although the US had numerical superiority during the war, the British had more experienced commanders and soldiers for the most part in the early part of the war and by the time the American troops could fight the British on even terms, the British had sent thousands of additional battle trained troops from Europe in 1814. Overall it may be a stalemate militarily, but strategically and politically, if that was true, then the Korean Wars and the Vietnam War, up until the Americans left were also draws.

The Americas didn't win. The objective was to first take Upper Canada which they couldn't do. As I read the stats The Canadians/British controlled more lakes and rivers and killed more Americans. Plus America retreated back to America burning some villages on their way out. That's not winning, that's being a poor loser. No matter which way one looks at it the Americas objective was plain and simple to take over Canada and they retreated. strategically stand point they took more weapons when more British troops arrived they never returned. It's A Canadian win because this is not the first time America had tried to invade Canada and it was also not the first time America had failed.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morrisYou going to answer my question?

Are you going to answer my question now ? (which type of Mandarin would you be referring to?)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

populace has nothing to do with unification so stop trying to pull that card... everyone knows China has bred like cockroaches but their numbers account for nothing when their dialect is divided.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
unfortunately mandarin is official china language.

cantonese is next in popularity and there were protests in Guangzhou about that, (it used to called canton)

both language is not very specific in what we who speak english can like.

china is not a war threat. look at the 1.2 bil muslims, if they had their poop in a pile we would be in deep stuff.

same as the chinese, 1.5bil of them, it wouldn't be questioned we would have a problem.

they are growing but are far behind. too many want what we have.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

yes but there are 8 different versions of Mandarin...

The varieties of Mandarin cover a huge area containing nearly a billion people. As a result, there are pronounced regional variations in pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar. These regional differences are rather more pronounced than the differences in the varieties of English found in England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the United States.

choose one to defend please...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris You going to answer my question?

Are you going to answer my question now ? (which type of Mandarin would you be referring to?)

yes I thought so... run now and return with an educated and informed opinion after you do some reading

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join