It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am being poisoned and need YOUR HELP!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thanks all for the great advice and suggestions. I would like to ask any vegetarians out there what are a few different meat substitutes you like to use as ingredients, such as you may use ground beef or sausage for spaghetti?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I actually stumbled on a book accidently which gives a very good arguement for why we should eat only vegtables, fruit, nuts and pulses. No meat, processed foods nor even cooked food.

Its by a british author called Alan Carr - he was like number one for helping people stop smoking. I used his method to kick the cigs 10 years ago and then sought out his other books because I liked his style so much. The book is called EASY WEIGH TO LOSE WEIGHT. It completely revolutionised the way I look and think about food. If that seems long winded, perhaps you can just google it and there may be articles which sum up his theories. I believe it to be a microbiotic diet and that Madonnas a fan

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am also trying to alter my diet. This is because of what I have been learning as part of my natural medicine course. HFCS not something that is used a whole lot here (our sugar still comes from sugar cane), so that is easy to avoid. But in saying that standard white sugar is pointless too. Our principle(M.H.Sc (Comp. Med), Dip. App Sc naturopathy/chemistry), who runs all our lectures and writes our course material, has a few things he is constantly reinforcing.

1. We never hunted/gathered bowls of wheat...In fact we only started eating wheat 10,000 years ago.
2. The only sugar we should be eating is unprocessed (like honey, agave necter) and then rarely, with the exception of what is in fruits.
3.animal:plant subsistence ratio was 65:35
(Cordain, Brand-Miller, Eaton & Speth, American Journal Clinical Nutrition 2000)
4. If it comes in a can don't eat it.

So what I am trying to do is, eat more nuts, seeds, green vegetables, fruits and lean meats....Cutting carbs down to 100g or less per day...Drinking more water (I like to add, a drop or two of natural essence, like chamomile, lime, ginger etc as I still find drinking plain water hard to drink.)

So pretty much paleolithic diet.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join