It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am being poisoned and need YOUR HELP!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good afternoon ATS! This is my first thread, and what I am asking is for advice on proper eating. So many threads I read are about people feeling like a new person after eating better, and I WANT IN! A lot of these threads have a little bit here or there on people are making these changes, but I would like a small list, maybe the top ten things that you eat or did to change.

I would like to say before this is started that I already don’t eat fast food, stay as much away from ingredient lists longer than 5 to 10 items long, and don’t buy things with HFCS. I exercise daily and cook at home a lot, but as much as I try my diet is still loaded with wheat, meat, and things ending with -oxide or are just plain unpronounceable.
I would also like to add I have investigated on this issue, however most sites just don’t seem practical, and for every 100 things they tell you not to do you only get 2 good ideas to try. I’m quite frankly tired of beans, any anyone who has glanced at non meat eating websites will know what I mean by that.
Lastly I would just like to thank ATS, both members and site staff for this excellent paradigm shift they are causing. We are here to help each other, and through all the debating (sometimes more civil than others) we are all given an amazing forum to reach toward a future of our understanding and choosing.

edit on 17-11-2010 by Fear_Fear because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by Fear_Fear because: Title change

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
yeah..im in!

would be interessting to see what you guys eat...and whats a complete NONO!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd say you were poisoned more by paranoia than the food you eat.

It's ok to want to eat healthy, things that don't give you diarrhea or make you gassy and such. Keep it in perspective...no diet is going to help you to live forever.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fear_Fear

I replied to a similar post in another thread. You're doing good by avoiding HFCS. Also remember that MSG and artificial sweetners (aspertame and sucralose) are very bad for you too. It's nearly impossible to find a gum that doesn't have aspertame in it. I tend to avoid most anything in a can. They're packed with too much salt and preservatives, and same with frozen processed food. It's really hard to find organic foods in places like Walmart so you'll probably need to find local grocers with local goods. I also drink a glass of REAL apple cider, and take a tablespoon of REAL honey covered with cinnamon each morning. I also had a big garden.
As far as food goes, it all depends on your preference. I have removed about 80% of my old eating habits and replaced them with healthier foods like more fruits, mixed nuts, white meat, salads, and things along those lines.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Drink non-fluoride water or Distilled water
Cod Liver Oil
Vitamin K
Eat organic foods only (gets expensive but you cant put a price on health)
COQ10

At least this is what I focus on and It helps me.

Of course this isn't the end all be all list, living health is a conglomeration of several different things involving, meditation, exercise and clean foods.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

but I would like a small list

You got it..!

hops, malted barley, maize and water

All you'll ever need...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My general rules are:

No sugar
No caffeine
No dairy
No simple carbs, complex carbs only
Just filtered water to drink, herbal tea if you really want something different
No processed foods
No msg or HFCS or aspartame or sodium sacharrin
I don't add salt to any of my food

In this day and age it's so hard to steer clear of all chemicals and additives but I try to avoid anything with a huge list of weird, unfamiliar sounding ingredients.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Simple, ... more fruits and veggies.

Sounds like a pain, but it depends how you consume them which makes a difference, .... I like to throw alot in one meal to add variety.

For instance, in the morning start off with a smoothie, yogurt, a lil milk, and every fruit you can think of. I also have a juicer and lemme tell you, it does make a big difference.

another easy meal is chicken soup. u get a lil protein mixed in with lots of garlic, onions, celery, carrots, broccoli, every godamn vegetable on the face of the planet.

I think most people dont eat healthy cause its not convenient enough, nobody wants to munch on celery sticks all day. So yeah, just a couple tips.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
well..for me..i know all the names of the stuff i have to avoid...

i would be interestet in names of brands..or food you guys prefer

i mean..vitamin C is alot around ..

wich food contains Vitamin K? what you like to mix...?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Good for you, OP! From someone who has done it; now in the best shape of my life, changing one's diet makes a HUGE difference in our overall health. My top picks to eliminate:

1. HFCS (which I see that you've already done). Please be sure to look for hidden sources -- such as ketchup, sauces, and crackers -- not just the obvious ones.

2. MSG, a neurotoxin

3. The artificial sweetener Splenda a.k.a. aspartame or sucralose. There are many threads here on ATS about this horrid substance.

4. Regular salt. Use sea salt instead -- just as tasty and much better for you.

5. Allergens. You can find out if you have any food allergies or sensitivities through a simple blood test or via an elimination diet. Common allergens are wheat, eggs, soy, milk, and peanuts. When you consume foods to which you're allergic or sensitive, it can cause a chain reaction in your body that includes bloating, stomach issues, etc. The symptoms can last a couple of days, even if you ingest only a small amount. Many people attribute symptoms of food sensitivity to other causes, and needlessly live with what they call "false fat."

So, those are the no-nos. But, it's not just about what you can't have -- learning to enjoy the flavors of whole, natural foods makes a big difference, too. Load up on fresh greens and other vegetables, brightly colored fruits & veggies, whole grains (look into spelt tortillas -- they're slightly nutty and delicious -- I make pizzas out them) and lean meats such as organic, free range chicken or turkey. After a few months of eating these types of foods regularly, that boxed, packaged, processed stuff doesn't even seem like food anymore.

Good luck to you!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
wich food contains Vitamin K? what you like to mix...?

Green leafies! For lunch, I often have a salad of mixed greens with some roasted organic turkey or chicken, red bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, green onions, a little bit of cheese and low-fat dressing, sprinkled with almonds. Yum!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
For me, like others have already posted:

1. Two oz. wheat grass juice daily.
2. No HFCS
3. Organically grown fruits and vegetables (those that are important to be organically grown, not all are) including tons of leafy greens: kale, chard, spinach. Steam them to keep in nutrients.
4. Nuts for protein (49 pistachios are a serving compared to 22 almonds or 18 cashews)
5. Whey protein after working out
6. 18 oz. yogurt daily
7. Agave nectar instead of sugar. Or Stevia.
8. Whole grains, no bleached flour, rice, etc.
9. Green tea, limit coffee.
10. Adopted a flexitarian lifestyle (no more than four TOTAL meals per week include any meat).

Good luck to you. I've seen a huge change in my body and mind since adopting these (and many other) things in my life since January. Turning 40 was rough, lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

thank you
sounds tasty

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am persuaded by the theory that we should aim to eat what was natural for us before we started processign food

so I naturally avoid any ingredients that are listed as numbers

I am not an equation so I dont eat numbers is my favorite little quip

so I tend to go along with the paleolithic diet

lowcarbdiets.about.com...

I tend to cook either fish or chicken with my favorite vegies for an evening meal [i could use a pork chop but in general I dont like red meat so I avoid it

I boil chicken first and when it is boiled then I cut up my vegies and I prefer the non starchy vegies so that is usually mushroom and tomato and broccoli and celery and for a different taste I replace the tomato with dill pickles [polskie ogorki or polish cucumbers] and the herb I use is marjoram
this way I can drink the water that is left over as soup and then have the chicken and veg

this is very filling and if i want more i just make more vegies when I cook this as the veg I use are low starch and low calorie I virtually can have unlimited quanity of the vegies

this can be made more practical if you buy, say, a huge tray of chicken drumsticks and boil up the entire tray and only use, say, 3 drumsticks for 1 meal and leve the rest in the fridge for the next days's meal. it cuts preperation time to start with cold chicken drumsticks that dont need that initial boil - you just add your vegies right away and as soon as the vegies are soft enough you can serve the meal

please note that I avoid maggi stock cubes or any of the jars of sauces you can buy. just plain water with some vegies and marjoram and a little salt is all that is needed

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Welcome.

I am a qualified nutritionist and will make it very simple for you. Try to stay away from anything processed. Anything that came out of a factory basically. End of. If you can make that your guiding mantra you will be ok.

ATB

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stumch

and that corresponds perfectly with the paleolithic diet
- eat what a hunter gatherer would eat and try hard to have it in the same state as a hunter gatherer would [organic if you can afford it and polution free if you can and without any processing ]

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Baby steps.

I used to eat fried fast food at least 2 meals a day and snacked on candy all day.

Now I eat at least one home-cooked meal a day (I usually make a big batch so I have enough for a week and don't have to cook all the time), have cut out most of the sugars and HFCS, and exercise a lot more than I used to.

It's made a huge improvement in how I feel and how I think. Maybe someday I'll go all organic and free-range and non-GMO and whatnot, but right now I'm quite happy with the improvement so far.

So don't get too caught up if your diet isn't "perfect". Just make it better than it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I'd say you were poisoned more by paranoia than the food you eat.

It's ok to want to eat healthy, things that don't give you diarrhea or make you gassy and such. Keep it in perspective...no diet is going to help you to live forever.

This is always the huge misconception whenever I discuss with my friends about "eating healthier" or choosing not to eat certain foods. It really has nothing to do with "living longer" or anything of the sort. Someone will always say, "Oh stop it, it's not going to kill you!".

Right. It might not kill you, but it will turn you into a lumbering and lethargic meathead in no time. It's all neurological problems, these foods. Depression, loss of focus, or other various quality of life threatening problems. Take your pick from the wide range of clinical diseases that are irreparable when diagnosed, and many of the synthesized ingredients found in our processed foods is a root cause.

I enjoy a good cheeseburger, or a meat & potatoes meal, but I will not ever again drink a cola or eat a factory produced sweet, like "Little Debbie" snacks etc. Lethargy laced with carcinogens, mmmm.
edit on 17-11-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fear_Fear
Good afternoon ATS! This is my first thread, and what I am asking is for advice on proper eating. So many threads I read are about people feeling like a new person after eating better, and I WANT IN! A lot of these threads have a little bit here or there on people are making these changes, but I would like a small list, maybe the top ten things that you eat or did to change.

I would like to say before this is started that I already don’t eat fast food, stay as much away from ingredient lists longer than 5 to 10 items long, and don’t buy things with HFCS. I exercise daily and cook at home a lot, but as much as I try my diet is still loaded with wheat, meat, and things ending with -oxide or are just plain unpronounceable.
I would also like to add I have investigated on this issue, however most sites just don’t seem practical, and for every 100 things they tell you not to do you only get 2 good ideas to try. I’m quite frankly tired of beans, any anyone who has glanced at non meat eating websites will know what I mean by that.
Lastly I would just like to thank ATS, both members and site staff for this excellent paradigm shift they are causing. We are here to help each other, and through all the debating (sometimes more civil than others) we are all given an amazing forum to reach toward a future of our understanding and choosing.

edit on 17-11-2010 by Fear_Fear because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by Fear_Fear because: Title change

Hi. Thanks for your OP.
You might be interested to have a look at green smoothies....they are simple and a good place to start to get some good healthy food into you - and can be totally delicious. I like keeping it simple, lol!

Thanks too for your comment about the forum...the paradigmatic shift is what we so need. It's really good to hear that once in a while collectively we contribute to more of that. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Paranoia? Maybe in some cases, but I am just looking to eat more like our past indicates we must have and our bodies clearly process and run more efficiently on.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Fear_Fear because: less words able

top topics

<<   2 >>

join