It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Fighter Jet Missing in Alaska

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

You have to remember Rumsfeld wanted to create "joint bases" to operate cheaper. The quality of aircraft support isn't what it used to. Since we're operating on the cheap now there are bound to be failures.

A simple conspiracy theory such as maybe they contracted out vehicle maintenance and the contractor wasn't making sure the water separator was working correctly on the jetfuel refueling trucks resulting in water being pumped into aircrafts fuel tanks.....

Its just a conspiracy theory....but things like that are bound to happen now that we are operating on the super cheap. Which brings up why are we buying super expensive planes in small numbers when we should be buying lots of cheaper planes to account for the losses we will take

since we are operating on the cheap under 'joint basing'.

So I blame Rumsfeld for the F-22 crash.

Sorry, its not a conspiracy you have, its just nonsense. What kind of "joint base" is Elmendorf AFB? Joint basing is not from Rumsfeld anyways, its realignment from the BRAC process.

A jet engine does not flame out with a little bit of water in the jet fuel, how do you think a jet engine keeps operating while flying through rain?

There is zero evidence of the crash being from bad maintainance, nor do you have any evidence that F-22s are being improperly maintained

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Sorry, its not a conspiracy you have, its just nonsense. What kind of "joint base" is Elmendorf AFB?

Elmendorf AFB + Fort Richardson = Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson as of 2009. We called it J-BEARS when I was there.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero

Originally posted by firepilot

Sorry, its not a conspiracy you have, its just nonsense. What kind of "joint base" is Elmendorf AFB?

Elmendorf AFB + Fort Richardson = Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson as of 2009. We called it J-BEARS when I was there.

I stand corrected, and was under the impression it was still just Elmendorf AFB. Last time I was flying in AK, that process has not started yet. However, the original idea that the joint base concept would result in worse F-22 maintainance is still bizarre.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No worries. But yeah that's totally bizarre- it doesn't help though that the 22 is a maintenance nightmare... A couple of MX buddies of mine rue the day they got put on that plane.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dero

A couple of MX buddies of mine rue the day they got put on that plane.

hmmmm... if no so darkest secret, what does pentagon want to do with that really majestic aircraft???

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Have they found a body yet? Cause if he didn't eject ?? where's the body???

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join