It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Fighter Jet Missing in Alaska

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmm
I am sure the military will come up with a logical explanation for thr whereabouts of the craft.
tracking, if not already will be done.
Or it may be an inside job in which we are all doomed as it will drop a nuke somewhere in the states
you see no big deal.
all is good

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Found it! Looks like a crash, sorry to the ones hopeful that it was a defector...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kilber

Arn't the authorities bound to say that ?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kilber
Found it! Looks like a crash, sorry to the ones hopeful that it was a defector...

www.foxnews.com...

I can almost guarantee that someone that was "on-board" with the defector conspiracy theory will, no doubt, now claim that the US shot down their own jet because the pilot was planning to defect and was on his way out of the country.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Still no mention of the incident on UK news channels and no CNN Breaking News report either. Looks like tptb have kept the lid on this. Why ?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Russia already has planes that are just as badass as the F-22. As a matter of fact, the F-22 was our answer to their Su-34, and the Su-34 is far superior in many ways, so I don't really see Russia being concerned with our technology.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
so I don't really see Russia being concerned with our technology.

It's usually more of a poke in the eye cold war history teaches us.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
sorry to rain on your parade, but.

alaska dispatch article

F-22 wreckage found in Alaska, pilot still missing Alaska Beat f-22-usaf-photoUPDATED 4:15 p.m.: Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson reports that it has located the apparent wreckage of an overdue F-22 Raptor some 100 miles north of Anchorage. Here's an updated press release: JOINT BASE ELMENDORF-RICHARDSON, Alaska (AFNS) -- Search and rescue crews have found the apparent wreckage of an F-22 Raptor Nov. 17 that was assigned to the 3rd Wing here. The jet lost contact with air traffic control at 7:40 p.m. local time while on a routine training mission Nov. 16. A search was coordinated by officials with the Alaska Air National Guard Rescue Coordination Center. Airmen in HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopters and an HC-130 King combed an area northeast of Cantwell, Alaska, the last known location of the aircraft. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of this missing Airman, and we thank all Alaskans for their continued support and prayers during this trying time," said Col. Jack McMullen, 3rd Wing commander. "Finding the missing pilot is our top priority." To continue searching for the missing pilot, a rescue team is being dispatched to the area, approximately 100 miles north of Anchorage, by the Alaska Air National Guard Rescue Coordination Center, the 3rd Wing and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. Colonel McMullen held a press conference at 1 p.m. to make a statement and answer questions from the media. "Last night a two-ship (flight) of F-22s, Rocky One and Rocky Three, were finished with training ... about 100 miles north of here," Colonel McMullen said. Everything was normal until about 7:40 p.m., he said, when Rocky Three fell off the radar scope and the pilot lost communications. "The other pilot (Rocky One) went to a tanker, got gas and then continued to look for the mishap pilot," Colonel McMullen said. "He could not find him. At that time, the Alaska Air National Guard scrambled a C-130 and rescue helicopters. They searched the entire night." About 10:15 a.m., an Alaska Air National Guard helicopter found a site that fits the data and the description of where rescuers thought the mishap probably occurred, Colonel McMullen said. "They found the crash site," he said. "They were unable to land at the crash site and take a closer look. We scrambled another helicopter that should be in the area in the next few moments." Colonel McMullen thanked the Alaskan community and Alaska Air National Guard for their support at such a difficult time. The name of the pilot is being withheld until the pilot's status is determined. More information will be released as it becomes available.
edit on 17-11-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Maybe the Chinese are paying top dollar for the jet.

They can then produce CHEAP parts loaded with lead, and sell them to the good 'ole US of A.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
First off, the military suffers training accidents all the time, it's just comes with the territory. There's a good chance this is nothing more than a typical mishap.

Secondly, I'd like to address this:

It can outrun most conventional surface to air or air to air missiles...

Ummm... Really? I'm not aware of any plane in the US Military that can outrun a missile. Most missiles travel in excess of Mach 3 & nothing we fly goes that fast.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Maybe it was one of the 30 jets netenyahoo got from the u.s.a. Your tax dollars, THAT YOU, have to pay for. DID YOU VOTE FOR THIS? Well, it doesn't matter. Like it or not it will be comming out of your taxes. You WILL like it, U.S.A. No wonder we are going down the tubes. Hey, anyone else want free money or stuff?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'll take a F-35 if they're just giving them away now. Since I don't have much of a runway they need to make it the VTOL model, oh and can they throw in some fuel while they're at it? Ohh, and a fancy helmet too.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
You can't speak for the 300 million other Americans. Do you know how much people are hurting these days?

welcome to the desert of the real !

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

In the event of a defection, there's no rule saying that anything awaits the pilot except a jail cell and a skeletal form of sanctuary. The russians can simply take the jet and offer nothing. What is the pilot going to do?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
guess my source wasnt good at all like i thought. nevermind
edit on 18-11-2010 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Why would the Russians want a F-22 they have the original Blue prints thanks to some spy they have planted in US everone has forgotten Klaus Emil Julius Fuchs and also Julius and Ethel Rosenberg,who sold the Atomic Bomb secrets for free,they don't need the plane as they already have the blueprints.
edit on 18-11-2010 by eniranjanrao because: Edit correction

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
You can't speak for the 300 million other Americans. Do you know how much people are hurting these days?

Well, it all depends on your measuring stick now doesn't it? I mean just cause we have to cut back to basic cable, switch to the store brand products, sell one of our 3 cars & only eat out once a week doesn't equate to suffering now does it?

I don't know your personal struggle and am not trying to belittle whatever it is you're going through but even those of us who have cut back during this time only truly have it bad when compared to other Americans, but other Americans aren't exactly the standard of having it hard. I think it's very easy to lose sight of exactly how much excess & luxury we have in this country when compared to the rest of the world.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I first saw this story on the site ______beforeitsnews/ , so to throw another conspiracy theory in there, that site is now down... completely, unless someone else can get it up?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by swash_buckle

Your correct m8 there is something wrong with it. I get a white screen with nothing else.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Well, technically..............

could outrun it, but it would be hard for any Combat Aircraft to reach its Maximum Ceiling Altitude.

As for the crash - well, it could have been one of many scenarios. From icing on the wings/stabilisers causing a loss of control, to Pilot Fatigue, to a basic maintenance error. These things happen all the time. Hell, my old man just recieved an email about one of the Qantas A380's that had the engine problem when outbound from Singapore, from one of his friends in the Aviation industry, and I can tell you now, that there was a HELL of alot more problems than was actually said in the news, or in the news papers.

Might have to copy the email and post a thread about it on here, cause trust me people, you wanna see a cover-up, then the email would make an interesting read.

edit on 18-11-2010 by TerribleTeam2 because: Spelling/Grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join