It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Fighter Jet Missing in Alaska

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ask Palin to search the sky...

If she can see Russia; she can find a noisy aircraft.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

That's the conclusion I've reached as well. This guy defected and is going to get paid a BUNCH of money by the host nation that took him in. Chances are it's Russia.

If this is the case, the U.S. will do everything to cover-up the embarrassment/major loss/national security breach.

That plane is packed full of technologies/materials that are near the cutting edge of U.S. knowledge. It's going to give that host nation a huge advantage against us.

That pilot is probably being pampered during his coming month long debriefing during which he dumps all his knowledge about the aircraft capabilities. He'll probably get dozens of millions of dollars, if not more.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
ehh, it probably crashed. Last guy to punch out of an f-22 didn't survive the ejection, wonder if this guy made it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Don't you think you would need info on the pilot's personal life before you decide that he has defected?
Does he have family? If he did defect and for money, you know he would have to stay "lost" forever.
What is his record with the AF?
As to money - well it would be a bunch.
On the other hand these pilot's are well paid and have job security.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I don't need to know anything about him personally.

Fact: Plane is missing - no reports of distress before disappearance
Fact: Plane is still missing - none of the recovery systems or tracking systems have lead to it's discovery
Fact: Pilot is a human - all humans have a "price"
Fact: Motive for foreign nation is there - this plane is worth billions in technology research.
Fact: US would deny defection of pilot for political/propaganda reasons

Put all those facts together, and the picture becomes pretty clear.
edit on 17-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Can a country have the ability to flat out steal an aircraft if they hacked into it. Can it become remote controlled and safely landed in the country of choice. Allowing the country of choice to copy technology.

UM JUST SAYEN is it possible?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Can a country have the ability to flat out steal an aircraft if they hacked into it. Can it become remote controlled and safely landed in the country of choice. Allowing the country of choice to copy technology.

Can the US secretly place explosives on each of their jets, so that if/when the jet is stolen, then the US can remotely detonate the explosive package; thus, destroying the jet technology and simultaneously killing the foreign government engineers employed to back-engineer the jets technology?

It's possible, no?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wow! good answer just making sure things arent overlooked official 1. Thanks for the upgrade
. well that kills that theory. Mabey it went into a portal

edit on 11/17/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Can the US secretly place explosives on each of their jets, so that if/when the jet is stolen, then the US can remotely detonate the explosive package; thus, destroying the jet technology and simultaneously killing the foreign government engineers employed to back-engineer the jets technology?

It's possible, no?

It seems very dangerous in case of the ennemy detains the bomb remote control or anything else to trigger the mechanism... Maybe in James Bond, not in the real life... Or at least it should be a manual button for with a mechanical procedure to trigger it... But it's just my opinion !

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by susp3kt

That's the conclusion I've reached as well. This guy defected and is going to get paid a BUNCH of money by the host nation that took him in. Chances are it's Russia.

If this is the case, the U.S. will do everything to cover-up the embarrassment/major loss/national security breach.

That plane is packed full of technologies/materials that are near the cutting edge of U.S. knowledge. It's going to give that host nation a huge advantage against us.

That pilot is probably being pampered during his coming month long debriefing during which he dumps all his knowledge about the aircraft capabilities. He'll probably get dozens of millions of dollars, if not more.

Just think of it, millions in the Bank, the finest Wines and luxury villa. Oh, the beautiful Russian women.

That's it, I'm off over there for a visit lol

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

General characteristics * Crew: 1 * Length: 62 ft 1 in (18.90 m) * Wingspan: 44 ft 6 in (13.56 m) * Height: 16 ft 8 in (5.08 m) * Wing area: 840 ft² (78.04 m²) * Airfoil: NACA 64A?05.92 root, NACA 64A?04.29 tip * Empty weight: 43,430 lb (19,700 kg[2][197]) * Loaded weight: 64,460 lb (29,300 kg[N 3]) * Max takeoff weight: 83,500 lb (38,000 kg) * Powerplant: 2× Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 Pitch Thrust vectoring turbofans o Dry thrust: 23,500 lb[199] (104 kN) each o Thrust with afterburner: 35,000+ lb[2][199] (156+ kN) each * Fuel capacity: 18,000 lb (8,200 kg) internally,[2][197] or 26,000 lb (11,900 kg) with two external fuel tanks[2][197] Performance * Maximum speed: o At altitude: Mach 2.25 (1,500 mph, 2,410 km/h)[98] o Supercruise: Mach 1.82 (1,220 mph, 1,963 km/h)[98] * Range: >1,600 nmi (1,840 mi, 2,960 km) with 2 external fuel tanks * Combat radius: 410 nmi[196] (471 mi, 759 km) * Ferry range: 2,000 mi (1,738 nmi, 3,219 km) * Service ceiling: 65,000 ft (19,812 m) * Wing loading: 77 lb/ft² (375 kg/m²) * Thrust/weight: 1.08 (1.26 with loaded weight & 50% fuel) * Maximum design g-load: -3.0/+9.0 g[98] USAF poster overview of key features and armament Armament * Guns: 1× 20 mm (0.787 in) M61A2 Vulcan 6-barreled gatling cannon in starboard wing root, 480 rounds * Air to air loadout: o 6× AIM-120 AMRAAM o 2× AIM-9 Sidewinder * Air to ground loadout: o 2× AIM-120 AMRAAM and o 2× AIM-9 Sidewinder for self-protection, and one of the following: + 2× 1,000 lb (450 kg) JDAM or + 8× 250 lb (110 kg) GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs * Hardpoints: 4× under-wing pylon stations can be fitted to carry 600 US gallon drop tanks or weapons, each with a capacity of 5,000 lb (2,268 kg).[200][201] Avionics * RWR (Radar warning receiver): 250 nmi (463 km) or more[107] * Radar: 125–150 miles (200–240 km) against 1 m2 (11 sq ft) targets (estimated range)[105] * Chemring MJU-39/40 flares for protection against IR missiles.[202] [edit]

According to wiki the range would be 1800 miles.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-11-2010 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

It's also maybe possible to build a huge aircraft that can open up the back and the F22 could just fly in and hook up... Not very likely tho is it?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Just think of it, millions in the Bank, the finest Wines and luxury villa. Oh, the beautiful Russian women.

You left out having the CIA hunting your ass for the remainder of your life.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

You left out having the CIA hunting your ass for the remainder of your life.

Even in a foreign country facial reconstruction is not that difficult to come by. just wear gloves the rest of your life for the fingerprints.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The Senate today voted to halt production of the F-22 stealth fighter plane, and it did so 58-40, a margin much wider than expected.

Slate

And just in time, huh?

...That is if our little theory turns out to be true.

But you're right harry. Even if true, the govt will come up with some cockamamie cover story. We'll never know even the half-truth when it comes to our govt. So much for transparency.

And then there's this:

WASHINGTON -- Computer spies have broken into the Pentagon's $300 billion Joint Strike Fighter project -- the Defense Department's costliest weapons program ever -- according to current and former government officials familiar with the attacks.

WSJ

The replacement for the F-22's plans stolen. The US just can't win for losing nowadays, eh?

I say that's what we get when we have elected officials working for countries other than our own (dual citizenship anyone?). No one cares when this kind of thing happens. Just spend more taxpayer's money for another plane design.

Yeah, I know it's all theory, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were any truth in it.
edit on 17-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hmm
I am sure the military will come up with a logical explanation for thr whereabouts of the craft.
tracking, if not already will be done.
Or it may be an inside job in which we are all doomed as it will drop a nuke somewhere in the states

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There you go, it crashed and was found.

Search-and-rescue aircraft have found the apparent wreckage of an Alaska-based F-22 Raptor that went missing on a night training mission, the Air Force reported Wednesday.

www.dailypress.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
There you go, it crashed and was found.

Search-and-rescue aircraft have found the apparent wreckage of an Alaska-based F-22 Raptor that went missing on a night training mission, the Air Force reported Wednesday.

www.dailypress.com...

Apparent being the operative word in a military cover up

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Please, The pilot most likely did not eject safely for whatever reason. Have some respect....
I do have a higher opinion of the people on this site..
A little prayer would be nice if it is not too much trouble....

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Those F-22's have a radar signature of like a basketball so loosing one doesent seem like to big of a deal. The part that concerns me is the fact the pilot hasn't been heard from. There survival gear includes a radio, maby the pilot is to far out in the wilderness to be picked up, maby he/she lost it during the ejection. To many if's here this whole thing smells fishy to me.

To everyone thinking someone like china shot this down. That's almost impossible to hit one of these birds. It can outrun most conventional surface to air or air to air missles thats if they can even pick it up on radar in the first place.

Didn't Obama sell 20 F-35 Joint strike fighters to Israel earlier this week? Now this... Here is something to ponder... The only aircraft that can stand a chance against an F-22 is an F-35 or the russian SU-35(Thats my opinion) Someone might be trying to get there hands on something to counter the onslaught Israel could bring with those F-35's if they decided to. Iran maby? Sorry not trying to derail the topic by throwing Israel and Iran into the mix here. Just my thoughts thats all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join