It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Person feared dead in serious 'incident' - Sunningdale, Berkshire (UK)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

At least one person is feared dead after a "serious incident" in Berkshire, police have said.

Thames Valley Police said officers were called to London Road in Sunningdale after one eyewitness reported seeing two bodies being removed from a white van.

A spokesman for the force said: "There has been a serious incident at the location and the roads are closed and likely to be closed for some time."

Very odd. The BBC news channels mentions something about an eyewitness seeing bodies being moved from a van. Information is limited at the moment. Stay tuned for updates.

Roads are closed.
edit on 17-11-2010 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm just watching the news now and everyone seems to be praising the police for what they've done. They're mentioning some sort of "gang" as well.

EDIT: They say (and I just saw it) a body's lying on the ground next to the police van also. Apparently it was pulled from the van they stopped.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Three men have been arrested.

One body of a man was covered in tarpaulin on the pavement.

Has somebody been murdered in the street, or have these men been caught moving bodies from somewhere?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I have no idea tbh, it sounds like some people were moving a body and was then stopped by the police from what people have said. (could be wrong)

EDIT: Confirmed, 2 bodies were removed from a van. A gun and possibly more weapons was also found. Someone may have escaped from the police (he was see running with no shoes on) but was caught.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nothing has broken yet? I find that very weird since the arrests happened about 1300 GMT, which was three and a half hours ago. Obviously there are plenty of reasons why there is no new information yet, but you would think something might have leaked by now as to the nature of the event, etc.
edit on 17-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

One local businessman reported seeing gunmen being chased by police and three men being arrested at about 1300 GMT.

Hmm, does sound gang related then. Gun men and bodies.

Very creepy.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why is this partial incident even being reported by BBC?
The news media seems to be implementing a cliff-hanger approach to things lately (see: LA missile).

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
BBC NEWS 24

Now saying TWO bodies in the van.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

No, 2 bodies have been removed from a van so far.

They say it was maybe a kidnap operation or an armed robbery. Maybe both in fact.

There might be a response from the police soon as well btw.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Twitter feed is here speculating that it is related to a kidnapping.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Since "the roads are closed and will be for some time",think that would mean the incident may have more to it then dead men being removed. The conspiracy in me reeks about this!

If it's a simple kidnapping/robbery, they impound the vehicles, and then reopen the roads quickly, in my experience.
What do you think?

edit on 17/11/10 by bertapearl because: add text

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
From what i gather - Three or four men have ran from the scene and i think three have been arrested, so maybe there's a manhunt for the remaining man?

Also speculation that this is a kidnapping or a seige gone wrong.

BBC showing a helicopter landed in the street.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bertapearl

If the police have no idea what's going on don't expect the roads to open anytime soon, there will be potential evidance everywhere...

Wait did the guy on the phone to sky news just say that a copper by a helicopter told him that a person in the back of the van was being tortured? The body in the back of the van??

Sounds pretty horrific,

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Slightly clearer article here.

"The police took three people out of the van and cuffed them on the floor, then they opened up the back and there was two bodies there," she said.
Ms Bealin added that she believed a fourth man in the front of the van fled the scene as the others were being held.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Yeah sounds like one of the 'bodies' was still alive?

A spokesman for South Central Ambulance Service said: "We received a call at 13.56 from Thames Valley Police to a level crossing in London Road, Sunningdale.
"It came in as a male assaulted, breathing shallow."

So maybe one of them died at the scene?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
BBC News reporting the dead man was beaten to death after an "armed ambush" and unconfirmed reports that the suspects are Eastern European. They are quoting eyewitnesses about men being chased down the street by the Police with semi-automatics, and apprehended, and another report that there are two bodies, not one.

A BBC correspondent is quoting a colleague who reported seeing handcuffed men and a van with flashing lights three hours before incident.

A police sting that went wrong? Reports very sketchy even now.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Regensturm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
TWITTER sources are saying that one man was wrapped in plastic and was tortured and beaten to death in the van. How horrible. Really chilling stuff.

search.twitter.com...

Also twitter saying a weapons stash have been found in a nearby warehouse (maybe unrelated)...

Hmm?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
From what i gather - Three or four men have ran from the scene and i think three have been arrested, so maybe there's a manhunt for the remaining man?

That's what I've heard, although the BBC are not expanding on this theory much.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
BBC News talking to eyewitness who is talking about a car chase.

BBC News saying unconfirmed report that 3 suspects were arrested around the van, a fourth tried to escape but was caught, which may coincide with the eyewitness reports about a police chase on foot down the street.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
BBC News has Eyewitness claiming that the armed police who stopped the van did not know the victim was on board, and that all four suspects caught, and she has only seen one body, not two.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join