It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian Obelisk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy

Originally posted by zorgon
People like you just spew out remarks as if you know everything.

People like me? What does that mean? I may not know everything. But I do know a rock when I see one.

BTW, the thread is titled "Martian Obelisk". Webster's defines an obelisk as "an upright 4-sided usually monolithic pillar that gradually tapers as it rises and terminates in a pyramid". I don't see anything like that in the photo the OP posted.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

just because the OP doesn't know the webster definition of obelisk....doesn't mean it's ok to nit pick.......

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hmm

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude2k5
Hmm

Nice link
Now these are rocks, but I certainly find them interesting

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Alot of very good and reasonable theories regarding erosion.
Never the less, a great find as it typifies the mystery and thrill still capable of being generated by images like this, from other Worlds.
Who doesn't love this stuff? Whatever it may turn out to be. I'm always in awe when I see a new image.
Thanks for posting

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
MONOLITHS EVERYWHERE

Monolith on Mars? Interesting image
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Monolith - Boulders and Layers in Canyon - HiRISE PSP 009342 1725
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

MRO image of Phobos shows artifact!,

Phobos May Be Alien Space Base: White House adviser!!

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

Mars Monolith - Buzz Aldrin Confirms Phobos Structure

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayfarer

try to look at your shadow in a different perspective by swooping and zooming in ground level and you will find an image that will surprise you.
i would say its not an "obelisk". it is a shadow alright.
and there are lots of these shadows and anomalies in this particular area.look for "them" around.

i'd like to share with you some images.

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=129981

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=129982

Mars album in particular.
edit on 18-11-2010 by alphaMegas because: typo

P.S.
how do i get to embed or link images from google apps to my pc? anybody? please...
edit on 18-11-2010 by alphaMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow Zorgon where is that rock formation you posted from it is amazing....how in the world is that possible I would think that would be a money maker for sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by leira7
This is a natural feature, NASA might say Basalt, but I think Limestone, Mars use to be a lot like Planet Earth, until Massive Destruction of the Oxygen in the atmosphere split the Hydrogen from the air because of the excess methane cause by a natural orbital cycle that brings mars both closer and further from the sun. Also, I think our suns habitable zone is expanding, and we are supposedly scheduled to endure the same fate as Venus. I find it strange that Earth got skipped over in all of this, though, almost like earth doesn't belong in our solar system, but how is that so?

Could I get that translated please?

Good grief

Let me translate it for ya,

The reference to limestone is a bit odd, because limestone essentially consists of fossilised crustaceans, which if so would indicate that Mars had shrimp or similar, in any case a well developed marine life in its past.

I don' know what Leira tries to say with her oxygen/methane reasoning, but I believe it's a reference to that Mars gives off quantities of methane present in the atmosphere. Methane breaks down real fast, and the fact that the presence of methane is constant in the martian atmosphere means that there is a regenerating process going on. On Earth, methane is primarily produced by organic beings. What produces the methane on Mars is a mystery to NASA. No known geological process can account for it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayfarer

i came across your thread a few days back and maybe just maybe i can help clear what is really this obelisk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91e354b8258b.jpg[/atsimg]

Please note that i drew lines to indicate these perspectives:

2 red lines - up indicating a WNW direction and down SSE direction.
1 blue line - marking some imaginary line between the darker shadow and the lighter shadow.
1 yellow line - to indicate a gradual inclination/declination if looking from WNW direction and SSE direction respectively
the darker shadow (up) and the lighter shadow (down) as divided by the blue line has lengths of approx. 8 meters both.
Following the yellow line, which starts at the intersection of the blue line going to SSE direction (down) it runs for about 30 meter which is 2 meters higher (from elev, -1168 to -1166 ) which runs gently with a 1 : 15 ratio of inclination...

which would explain why the shadow looks extended .

and with these data you should be looking at your "obelisk like these images:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3df01ed99484.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53e1339c1188.jpg[/atsimg]

the hirise images wasnt much of help...

hope this would clear or blurred ??? your obelisk problem...

and that glowing mass above the "head" doesnt even touch the ground.!

how does this fare to you, mr.wayfarer...?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tempest333

hello tempest,

if you will, take a second look at the "obelisk":...it's not really standing on an open flat ground. in fact "it" is standing right on the floor of a dried river gulley. he is facing a mound with an inclined slope of 1: 15 ratio 30 meters long.behind him are tiers of scoured dried river bank. the highest elevation along that bank is just about 4 meters deep from where the "obelisk" stands.

The shadow itself which showed a total length of about 16 meters approx...is actually only half of the darker image...the other half lighter shadow is the bended effect of his shadow against an inclining mound of sand.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3e203b380c5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0446b34ab19a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/664c5ca96cab.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Great analysis Alpha. I agree that the elongation of the shadow is most likely due to the slope its being cast across. However, one thing that still gnaws at me is the dimple/divet at the top of the boulder. It can be clearly seen, and then it is also correlated in the shadow in what appears to be roughly the same porportion. This seems puzzling, since I would assume that if the shadow is stretched due to terrain falling away, then shouldn't the dimple at the top of the boulder also be exaggerated?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Zorgon, in all of this website, few people like you are willing the extra effort to back up any claims not presented with a reasonable and well thought answer and if the case be , presenting evidence and a fresh look at the phenomena, I really appreciate what you do, and I look forward to your threads and points of view.

I too feel that the generalized attitude of the coach warrior nowadays is plain retrograde, spiting over anything that dares "insult" their world view as narrow as it may be. No its not "just a rock" unless we actually go there the possibilities are endless.

If you folks cant take the testimony of an actual astronaut seriously then all hope is lost. Not all mature men and women are retarded or have Alzheimer, I have met some young people more senile and stubborn that all the grampas in the world!

There is ample evidence that some artifacts of unknown origin exist close by, we wont be able to deny it any longer!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
If you folks cant take the testimony of an actual astronaut seriously then all hope is lost. Not all mature men and women are retarded or have Alzheimer, I have met some young people more senile and stubborn that all the grampas in the world!

Once upon a time... in a Galaxy... err well here on Earth actually... one went to an Elder with respect and to learn what they had learned... Elders were the teachers, the masters...

I used to hear people say... "When an Astronaut says there are UFO's... THEN I will believe..." Now those same people say "Oh they are old hasbeens just looking for new glory or selling a book... they are old and senile"

Reagan... the last President before the Bush Dynasty that was 'in the know' was 70 years old when he first took office...

As far as I am concerned, these idiots, yeah you heard me IDIOTS, that make statements like that are just as bad as trolls... and should just be ignored. At least Trolls have an excuse

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayfarer
This seems puzzling, since I would assume that if the shadow is stretched due to terrain falling away, then shouldn't the dimple at the top of the boulder also be exaggerated?

is this what you mean?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/782bfe552139.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewarehouse
The best is all ATS Member write an mail to google... with the headline "Please apply Street View on Google Mars" Thank you!..

unknowingly, inadvertently, whatever, google did applied Street View on them... sooner or later ,"privacy" will be an issue with "them" in mars" .

here's some....
i calld them "the flock"...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75905a91f95a.jpg[/atsimg]

this one's "the sled"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/822b333e637d.jpg[/atsimg]

"sitting in the park" - waiting for you...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11bbf7478fcc.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join