It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug War Forces Residents To Flee Mexican Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Drug War Forces Residents To Flee Mexican Town

www.npr.org

Warring Mexican drug cartels have claimed a new victim along the U.S. Southern border: the town of Ciudad Mier. Constant gunfights and spiraling violence between rival drug gangsters have forced the evacuation of the Mexican town.

A shelter for fleeing residents of Mier has been set up in the Lions Club in the nearby town of Miguel Aleman, and it has become, in the words of Mexico's Proceso magazine, the first refugee camp of the Mexican cartel war.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So yet another Mexican border town has been abandoned to the bad guys

Picture in your mind the Mad Max Movie...
then think that that place is less than an hour drive away from a good sized American city... McAllen TX.

According to Mier refugees, only a few dozen residents — besides the narcos — remain in their town of 6,500. There is no city government and no police; almost all clinics, schools, cafes and stores have closed; water and electricity are spotty.

Will include map

and Photo of what they did to the police station

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-11-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
In another story on the same town I found this

Hundreds of Mexicans Seek Shelter Near Border

Eleven blocks from the Texas border, hundreds of destitute Mexicans are gathered in a shelter, escaping what they fear is certain death.

Within walking distance of the U.S. port of entry at Roma — a hilly town of 12,000 speckled with church steeples, fast food signs and discount stores that is nestled between Laredo and McAllen — a Lions Club community center in Ciudad Miguel Alemán is the temporary home to citizens fleeing nearby Ciudad Mier, which was reportedly overtaken by the Zetas drug cartel early this month. The epicenter of the latest outburst of violence is just a 10-minute drive from the Rio Grande.

Link to full story

In a US security report I once read... the probable escalation scenario dragging the US into this Mexican war started with a flood of refugees into this country... are we seeing the first steps towards that???

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
These Drug Cartels are powerful and ultra rich, and heavily armed with the latest in weapons technology. They are getting stronger and stronger, and meanwhile Washington sits on their laurels and talks about a fence, and open borders. Mark my words here, one day these cartels will all become one, and they will come across the southern border in force. They will walk all over Arizona and Texas, and California, and occupy those States, and will dare Washington to respond. The cartels have a lot more money that the American government too, so out spending them like we did the Russians will no longer work.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

the people who don't live along the border will be the ones surprised to find these cartels waging their turf wars on their doorsteps....

Washington isn't doing anything because the common man doesn't know... and therefore raising a ruckus... Oh sure these same "Head buried in the sand" folks are quick to call AZ and Texas racist bigots when they try to enact laws to protect their citizens... Just wait until they see beheading in "Smallville USA"

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The beheading has already happened in Phoenix Az. The local police mufed it down and blamed the illegle man from across the border as drunk. Also they stated there was a Ojui board in the house and the men were trying to raise the devil.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorg
The beheading has already happened in Phoenix Az.

Well Yeah, in the Apartment complex deal, I remember.... Ya kind of expect things like that to happen in Phoenix, LA, Las Vegas...
But I was talking more along the lines of seeing a beheaded body dangling from an over pass in a place like Lebanon, New Hampshire or Lexington, Maryland... Places thought to be far and removed from such unpleasantness

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The way things are going its going to spread I agree. I am new to Az. great state and it will be defended by the locals from my meetings of the people here. I also would be right there with them too!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thorg

We just moved to Kansas this past May but most of my family still lives in New Mexico... who as you well know have the same problems as AZ... if push comes to shove I will go back to protect my loved ones and I am under no illusions that I'll be up against some displaced gardeners... Oh no those folks got some serious toys that remind me how out gunned I am

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In my considered opinion, based on Army training, the only thing that will secure our border with Mexico is gun towers and a gun line. The towers will have to be within sight of each other, and each must have a contingent of armed soldiers ready to go at a moment's notice. A "free fire zone" will have to be established, preferable on the American side of the border, with signs in English, Arabic, and Spanish warning of death if the line is crossed. "Deadly Force Authorized."

And perhaps even that would not stop them, but it is a start.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
warning of death if the line is crossed. "Deadly Force Authorized."

And perhaps even that would not stop them, but it is a start.
Would that work with non-lethal weaponry?

I would hope they can use things to stop them without killing them.

Dogs?
Rubber bullets?
Sonic weapons?
etc.

I'm not sure why the Mexican Army isn't stepping in and implementing martial law in a case like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

FYI Our own government stats that say in Pima County AZ alone, some 2,000 illegals cross into the US daily....(Where the cop was shot)...
that's just one county along the 1,800 mile border....

Our government knows, their government knows, everyone knows.. they just don't give a damn...and people die everyday because of it

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Where do all these people go?
Is that why I can't get construction work?
How can we stop it?

Seems as are hands are tied.

The land of the free access any time you want is where we are today!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

And how do you defend a position with non-lethal weaponry when the aggressor is heavily armed with the latest in weapons technology? Would you face down an Mac-10 with rubber bullets? I am against killing, as many of you are, but how else do you defend a border from those are want to cross, no matter what? Gun fights have broken out at the border crossing before, and police have been killed. Still think non-lethal weaponry is the answer?

new topics

top topics

join