It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Experts Have Proof That China Has Hijacked U.S.-Based Internet Traffic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yet another suspicious move by the Chinese to add to the growing list of strange and unusual signals we've been receiving as of late. Here's a bit from the article:

Cyber Experts Have Proof That China Has Hijacked U.S.-Based Internet Traffic:

For 18 minutes in April, China’s state-controlled telecommunications company hijacked 15 percent of the world’s Internet traffic, including data from U.S. military, civilian organizations and those of other U.S. allies....
In short, the Chinese could have carried out eavesdropping on unprotected communications — including emails and instant messaging — manipulated data passing through their country or decrypted messages, Dmitri Alperovitch, vice president of threat research at McAfee said.

Now what do you suppose they did THAT for? And how could they use the information they soaked up?

another article from Gizmodo

I didn't hear a word about this from the MSM either.

There's a distinct and profound chill in the air these days, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
hehe i put this exact link in my introduction post today to ask someone to start a thread about it

cause it s really HUGE

so thanks a lot for this thread even if you did not read my will

and my fear is growing... niburu, aliens, hollow earth are fun to debate... this is scary cause it s real... there is a true war going on between China and US... since long as such an event cannot be improvised and is already 6 months old...

other same kind of attack took place in the past but it was very very very far from 18% DATA !!!

it s not only huge : during cold war, it could have been an occasion for a WW3...

so we have a cyber war, a money war... how much times before a WW ?

and dont think i m hoping for that
got a kid and a family i expect a nice life with no niburu, aliens, or ... WW3

edit on 17/11/10 by estebadia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by estebadia

Heh, sorry friend, I did not read your intro post, but NOW I will for sure! Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
reply to post by estebadia

Heh, sorry friend, I did not read your intro post, but NOW I will for sure! Welcome to ATS!!

hehe no problem, as long as this thread exists
thx buddy !

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I did hear someone say, on one of the cable news shows a few days ago, that the US is deeply involved in a "cyber war" with China and possibly Iran. Can't remember how said it. This is no great surprise, is it? With the rise of the Internet is was bound to happen sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The US has only to ask and they will have close to 200,000 hackers help in squashing China's cyber-puppy.
From just the WOW alone as I know they are sick of the Chinese businesses hoarding and selling goods.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tempest333
The US has only to ask and they will have close to 200,000 hackers help in squashing China's cyber-puppy.
From just the WOW alone as I know they are sick of the Chinese businesses hoarding and selling goods.

True hackers do not cooperate with governments - only rats do it. Every time it was same and especially now days when US Govs are oppressing (not only) US citizens very openly for long time. Again - it were US govs who sold (gave up) US industry overseas by promoting neo-liberal economic ideology - hackers are usually clever so they know this fact very well. BTW say 90% of electronics is made in south-east Asia - including design. Call China "cyber-puppy" and your fight is lost. Read Sun-Tzu: "The Art of War" ...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad2

I did not mean to imply that the fairly Neotistical, DOS-raised hackers would cooperate with the Gov't in a smackdown. Was thinking more along the lines of the Black/White Hat, no-longer-hacking-for-personal-gain goons. I am well aware that the Chinese population has many many hackers of their own with equivalent abilities.

Temp.

I have read Sun-Tzu's Art of War, and now that I think about it, I do need to read it again.

BTW, call China a cyber-puppy to it's face, very Sun-Tzu.

top topics

join