It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Legislators take a stand against TSA inhanced screenings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
"

When you go to the airport you do not give up your Constitutional rights"

This is great. I hope it's repeated in every single state. It's most definitely a violation of our Constitutional right to privacy as well as protection against unreasonable searches.

Enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is great news, I would imagine that other states will follow suit, my daughter, son in law and two young grandchildren are flying to Greece in April and my daughter isn't looking forward to the airport experience especially with her children, hopefully by then there will be some changes.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Airline pilot Capt. Scully was just on MSNBC speaking out against this, he is against this procedure as is the National Pilots Assoc. He said aside from being intrusive that the radiation is a danger as it's accumulates in your body over your life time, he feels this is a waste of resources and that are better ways to check passengers.

The head of TSA was in Washington today and stated he understand why people are upset but he will not change the policy based on intelligence.
If enough states get up in arms and file lawsuits lets hope he will have no choice.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is a must watch, not new news but in case you missed it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I despise anyone who is working with the TSA .. they are all about as anti-American as you get, and personally I think they're all guilty of treason against our citizens.

Why we put up with being treated like holocaust victims being ushered to their doom just to board a plane is far beyond me.. the first time a full body scanner went up we should have torn it apart and knocked the TSA around for even considering the idea.

But, I am sure, the contract planners didn't mind their stock bonuses with those backroom deals...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't fly anymore. My health won't allow it. However, if I were flying I'd be upset. Not at walking through the machine that makes clothing see through. I'm too old to be shy anymore.
I'd be upset about the RADIATION. That's just wrong. I understand the need for security ... but it's just wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Charter a plane and you don't have to get your "junk" fondled by TSA.

The TSA zapping you with Xrays, Radiation, and fondling people does not apply to the elite in our country.

It only applies to the little people. No New Jersey LEgislator has to go thru TSA. They all fly private chartered planes.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

And i thought living in NJ sucked. Glad the politicians here are doing something to fight against the TSA and their naked body scanners.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It's most definitely a violation of our Constitutional right to privacy as well as protection against unreasonable searches.

You talk like this until your son/daughter dies in a plane brought down by a pants bomber.

We’ve already had three attempts to bring down a plane using PETN. It doesn’t take a smart person to realize they are going to try again and again, until they get one to work. Then a second and third. Can you imagine the media frenzy when they do? If you have a better way to screen masses of people in a short time, I’m sure they would be happy to listen.

Right now the scanners are the best option we have. I feel they should make scans mandatory and not give the option of a pat down.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

www.abeldanger.net

2nd

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
More about Chertoff...

Our sister site Forbidden Knowledge TV has
uncovered a video that reveals some previously
unreported details about Chertoff and the
full body x-ray machines.

Also, the written commentary that accompanies
the video discusses some of the science behind the
so called "safety" of these devices.

Hint: The DHS and TSA lying (again) and they know it.

Video:

www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
If you have a better way to screen masses of people in a short time, I’m sure they would be happy to listen.

Bomb sniffing dogs. Less radiation, less junk fondling and violation of privacy.
Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

We’ve already had three attempts to bring down a plane using PETN.

That's right.

None of which were thwarted by the TSA or Intel agencies.

Think of how many flights there have been since 9/11. Think of how many passengers.

Even if you stop counting at the time of the shoe bomber or when the more Orwellian security measures started, the safety record for basic screening is still astounding.

This latest TSA move is nothing more than a effort to consolidate power and make millions for the
corporations that feed off of the Terror Industrial Complex.

It's theater of the absurd.

It's a shock test to our national psyche.

It's a test of our fortitude and commitment to the Constitution and the rule of law.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Not to mention the "attempts" where so half hearted and pathetic it could only have been a PR ruse by the Government to keep people terrified..

And notice no interviews are ever done with the "suspects" .. and we never hear about them again until the "sentencing" .. is that not suspicious as well?

And as you say, TSA never spotted them before, and somehow I doubt, assuming they really are terrrrist, a TSA agent fondling the mans junk would have prevented him bringing his "bomb" onboard the plane..

My take?

Scanners received a bad rep as soon as they were deployed, the contractors stated that X amount of passengers have to enter the scanners.. most would opt out, not wanting to be seen naked..

So they then invent a "terrrrrist" threat, and enforce a new, highly invasive, extremely uncomfortable, embarrassing and insulting patdown method so that the vast majority are now going to opt for............ the screeners!

Soon there won't be enough screeners, and the airports will have to purchase one for every security line, not to mention the cost of control rooms and the maintenance (which can only be done by the patent holding manufacturer) .. suddenly these pat-downs = an explosion of business!

Even I would rather face a low dose of lethal radiation and the knowledge some man in a dark room just got a semi looking at my nude form than to have a middle aged man smiling while he cupped my junk and pats my ass..

But I am left wondering.. seriously at a loss.. WHERE THE HELL IS THE "TEA PARTY" .. all those constitution preaching, don't tread on me waving, "real" conservative claiming protectors of our rights? Where are all those newly elected tea party activist??? Where is the demand for justice? And seriously, why the hell are we, as Americans, so accepting of this?? It's frightening on a level I can't even express.. it starts in the airports, where does it spread from there? strip searches before you enter your office in the morning? your children getting full body cavity searches before school? I don't see a very bright future here.. dark clouds on the horizon, that's all I see.. just remember "it's for your own good" ......

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I would like to relate how out of touch our legislaters who are in office and are about to be, I voted for a man from my district who won a seat in the State of Michigan House, he is having an open house and swearing in on December 11th, I received an invitation via email today with a phone number to RSVP, I called and it was my Representative who answered the phone, we talked about a number of things and I brought up the TSA enhanced screening controversy, he had no idea what I was talking about so needless to say I educated him, BTW it ticked me off that he wasn't aware of what is going on now in the news plus all over the net. I asked him if he would favor the State of Michigan filing a lawsuit against the Federal Government on this issue and his reply was that the states can't do anything about it, I said to him I beg to differ, if enough states file suit they certainly could influence a reversal of this sick procedure that our government is putting us through, he hesitatingly agreed.

He said we need to be protected and that really set me off, I used many analogies, one comparing how many people die every year in accidents on our highways compared to air travel, I went on to say that since 911 we are losing our liberties one by one, that we have a government who thinks we are not intelligent enough to protect and take care of ourselves, plus much more, by the time our conversation ended his attitude changed and he said he was very grateful for my call and informing him of the TSA controversy and promised to look into it.

I also sent him links to the videos on this page, I am looking forward to talking to him again on this topic and hear what he has to say.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It's most definitely a violation of our Constitutional right to privacy as well as protection against unreasonable searches.

You talk like this until your son/daughter dies in a plane brought down by a pants bomber.

Oh noes! The boogyman! Yes lets sacrifice hundreds of thousands of people's dignity per year on the off chance that some terrrist might somehow take down a plane. Then when it happens, as it is bound to eventually regardless of security, we can say 'there just aren't ENOUGH body scanners and EVERYONE needs to go through them now because look what happened when only SOME people were required to.'

So now we have millions of people per year going through these scanners, some of which is going to have adverse medical reactions to them, some may develop cancer due to the continuous unnecessary use of radiation. Another plane goes down. Then what?

Your machines are silently killing thousands of people on the off chance of saving a plane load of people?

I'm not aware of the exact number, but do you know how many people died last year due to terrorism in the US? Maybe someone can found out for me.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

So they then invent a "terrrrrist" threat, and enforce a new, highly invasive, extremely uncomfortable, embarrassing and insulting patdown method so that the vast majority are now going to opt for............ the screeners!

Only a small man fears a scanner.

Oh noes! The boogyman! Yes lets sacrifice hundreds of thousands of people's dignity per year on the off chance that some terrrist might somehow take down a plane.

I guess you feel we should allow box cutters on planess again just to protect your dignity?

Your machines are silently killing thousands of people on the off chance of saving a plane load of people?

Only one type uses xrays the other uses radio waves. Can you say cell phone?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Obviously the governing body of New Jersey feels different. I'm glad there are some people left that still have the interests of the people at heart.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Only a small man fears a scanner.

Only a coward sacrifices dignity and freedom for the illusion of safety..

I guess you feel we should allow box cutters on planess again just to protect your dignity?

Don't see why not.. If a terrrrist tried to hijack a plane in which half the passengers carried utility knives, combat knives, pocket knives etc. ......that terrrrist aint gunna get very far is he? No .. It's only cowards like you who fear both the capabilities of "weapons" and the thought that every possible method to guarantee your safety isn't being done..

You are what's wrong with this country....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If a terrrrist tried to hijack a plane in which half the passengers carried utility knives, combat knives, pocket knives etc. ......that terrrrist aint gunna get very far is he?

Right lets hand out weapons to everyone in a small tube and serve up alcohol and ATC delays. What’s wrong with you?

No .. It's only cowards like you who fear both the capabilities of "weapons" and the thought that every possible method to guarantee your safety isn't being done..

It’s not the weapons I fear it’s the motives of the person who carries it. Since we don’t have any machines to determine a persons reasons for carrying the weapon, I settle for removing the weapon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join