It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government apologises over removal of body parts from ex-nuclear workers!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Removal of organs and other tissues from bodies of former nuclear plant workers over 30-year period was result of 'unacceptable working practices', energy secretary says

The removal of organs and other tissues from the bodies of 76 former workers at nuclear plants over a 30-year period that began in the 1960s should not have happened and was the result of "unacceptable working practices" in the NHS, the coroners service and the nuclear industry, the energy secretary, Chris Huhne, said yesterday. Speaking in the Commons to launch the report that followed a three-year inquiry into the affair, Huhne confirmed that families' views had not always been obtained before organs had been taken, as required under the law.

The inquiry, led by Michael Redfern QC, was ordered in 2007 by the then trade and industry secretary Alistair Darling, when it emerged that organs had been removed from former workers from the nuclear facility at Sellafield, some without the permission of relatives. It was initially set up to look at post-mortems carried out on former workers between 1962 and 1991, but was later extended to cover former workers at nuclear establishments at Harwell, Aldermaston and Springfields.

Redfern also examined research studies, sponsored by the Medical Research Council, on bones taken from more than 6,000 people, many of them babies, and spanning two decades. In these cases, researchers were looking for evidence of strontium 90, a radioactive element that accumulates in bones, which scientists in the 1950s thought might be absorbed in harmful amounts through the atmosphere or the food chain.

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

Well, please see the story for rest of this. The other side's argument is a convincing one but I doubt we are getting the whole story. For example.

What did the familes know or what had they been told by the Company for them to give permission for any procedures. Was it done honestly and was the family compensated in anyway? Did the company profit from this activity and/or it's research. If so, those families should be allowed to go after that money-at least some of it.

Man, I smell Class Action Lawsuit on this one.

And, once you read the whole ariticle, you decide what side you fall on:

A persons individual rights or the good of the people as a whole is most important.

i don't know. Something just doesn't fit right with this story. Can't put my finger on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Mm, something tells me there are more details which have not been acknowledged, to the public at least.

I believe the individual sovreignty is sacrosanct, and should never be violated. No corporation - and that is what Sellafield, the NHS and the Government all are - should every have rights over individual sovreignty.

The problem is that so few people are aware that registration of a birth is actually handing ownership of an individual to the State.

Human life, human sovreignty has been completely trashed by successive governments. NO argument can ever justify removing those rights.

Yes, I want people's lives to be saved, but not at the expense of the sacrosanct sovreignty of the individual, which we must all now fight to reassert.

Millions of human lives could be saved by proper regulation of the pharmaceutical industry, whose corruption and improperly tested - if at all - poisonous chemical drugs kill literally millions each year. But it is these same Corporations which rule our governments. Make no mistake, it is not the other way round.

UK, Europe and the US are not democracies. They are oligarchies on the way to becoming totalitarian regimes. A totalitarian regime does not recognise the inalienable sovreignty of the individual.

Stop following every crumb tossed out by the MSM, who are the Corporate/Bankster/Zionist puppets and keep looking at the bigger picture and the real cause of all these violations. Only when enough people do this will there be any chance of us reclaiming our countries and our world.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join