It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does movement through space create time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
To Devino,

You are mostly correct in your evaluation. I did not mean to say that the week, Month and Year is not relevant here on Earth. I am talking about if you are attempting to measure time while travelling through space, our method of measuring time here on our planet Earth will not apply because of the size and movement of other planets and other anomallies found in Space, both in our galaxy and in other near by galaxies.The expansion is a very slow process, most of the time, that may or may not be relative to gaging time at any point in space while travelling through space. I believe a new method of time measurement will be needed to track time in outter-space. .........................................KMG

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've been watching/reading a lot about black holes and space/time recently and though not a physics professional myself, it seems to me that it may very well be that what we perceive as "time" is really just the movement of particles. By movement I don't just mean the movements that are significant enough for us to see them though. I'm also referring to the microscopic movement of particles so that someone standing still couldn't escape the passage of time because there are particles throughout the body that would continue to move. Nothing standing still could really escape the passage of time as long as there is space for the constituent particles to move since according to the law of entropy, these will eventually move into a more disorganized state. However, if there REALLY were no space in which these particles could move, then I think "time" might stand still as it were. In a black hole this may be what happens. Gravity may collapse things to the point were all there is are point particles or strings or whatever are the smaller constituents of matter right next to one another with no space at all between then. With no space there could not be time, Also, with no space and only the smallest constituents of matter existing, everything would be homogeneous which would mirror the state of the universe before that provervial bang or expansion.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join