It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sick Of The Royal Wedding Already

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There will be thousands of hours dedicated to this wedding in the months to come. Each day, we'll see video of Kate Middleton walking to her car, walking back from her car, or coming out the front door or going in the front door.

There will be hours of speculation about her dress, which designer she'll choose and how her dress compares to Princess Diana's.

The world will be focused on this wedding in a way that will rival no other peice of news in the last three decades.

And I'm sick of it already.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well it is a royal wedding and it is kind of a big deal for them over there. It's Prince William, future King so it is a big deal. Its like when his mother married Charles. I wish them the best of luck and I hope the so called curse they have doesn't affect their marriage. I hope they grow very old together and are happy..

If you don't like it just turn the channel. I haven't seen that much on it on tv...Where do you live? Are you in England? If so, that is probably why you have tons of coverage.

I like Kate. I think she is a good person and I hope the media doesn't try and eat her alive like they did Diana.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

No it is not a big deal to us over here. I'm just as fed up about it as the OP. It's the media that are obsessed with it.

I really couldn't care less that Wills is getting married.

There was one quote, and I'm paraphrasing here, "The British public have been waiting with baited breath for this news...". Really? Where are these people? I don't know any

About the only conversation I hear about the two of them is generally along the lines of, "It must be nice to be a Prince", and "Too right, I'd do her!"

Unfortunately, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait until the actual wedding!!!

A very rare S&F from me.
edit on 17-11-2010 by nik1halo because: Spellnig

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I live in England and am sick of it now. Yes I am pleased for them, yes it has promised to be a national holiday. But since no date has been set, no venue and no other details.

Both have been seen by the public for years now, there is very little else to say at the moment.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
personally i have to agree... its been on the tv for 2 days now and im sick of it already...

and trust me not everyone in the uk is that interested..

Thing that made me laugh is the "shes a commoner" line, all you have to do is look and listen to her for 30 seconds and you can see that she hasnt had an unprivelaged moment in her vacuous life.....

I think its all been a set up from the start , either 1- shes had this planned for a while as i dont see a girl who looks like her wanting to marry a guy whos going bald at 28 other than the fact that he in line for the throne..
2- this is all set up by the illuminate to continue the bloodlines..

to be honest the whole thing make me sick,,, ut the girl better be carefull because we all know what happens to princesses of england who dont play by the rules..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well to be more accurate it may be a big deal for the English over here but not "us" in general. I Literally could not care any less. (To be fair I am Scottish)

I am already fed up with it, The first 9 pages of my favourite comic where filled with this garbage this morning (The Sun) I prefer the other lies and garbage they usually print, instead they manage to squeeze 9 pages of crap out of 2 irrelevant people getting married. (I say irrelevant, because thats exactly what the royals are, they are merely a tourist attraction, not much more to them than that)

Lets be honest, the majory of the people in the UK dont give a sh*t about this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

Ahmen brother!

Even us English don't give a damn. As you said, we put up with the monarchy because they are a tourist attraction.

The only people who do care are the "Luvvies" and the elite. Us commoners (as if Kate is one of us), scraping by month to month on our wages have nothing in common with them and have very little respect for their pampered arses.

I read the same comic is you, it's always good for a laugh and I couldn't believe how much was taken up by the most irrelevant, mundane trivia. Although this is The Sun, so I should have expected it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Today Show on NBC had six stories on the wedding in the first hour of broadcasting this morning.

In one piece, we watched Wills and Kate being interviewed.

The second peice we heard from one of Kate's friends.

The third piece, we learned about Kate's ring.

The fourth piece, we learned about how Kate will be compared to Diana.

Then they had a royal watcher on to discuss the British reaction to the news.

Then they had a royal author on to discuss the news again.

And I imagine this won't change for the next eight months...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It was inevitable really - years of waiting around not doing very much, waiting to become future queen. Waiting while Wills learned how to fly. I dont think any of us believed this woudln't happen at some stage.

There has been lots of waiting - the BBC must have been waiting ages for the documentary it blasted out on the engagement last night at 7:30...with so called celebs commenting etc. Theres no way that was thrown together yesterday!

Even my missus who is an ardent royalist was bored by the end!

The poor girl must be bats wanting to join that strange family though..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

The only people who do care are the "Luvvies" and the elite. Us commoners (as if Kate is one of us), scraping by month to month on our wages have nothing in common with them and have very little respect for their pampered arses.

Totally agree 100%,,,, I tell you what i would have loved to have grown up as common as kate midelton, I mean you see her on the news with her family home with its private land and her first class education I mean this girl deserved respect for all the hardship shes had to endure,, poor girl .

What a load of crap ,,, I agree with the post before as well Im scottish and none of us give a damn about them.... but it really does make me sick hearing her refered to as a commoner .... its not as if shes from the south side of glasgow or east london and waiting for her benifit cheque is it.....

And think how much this wedding is gonna cost ,,, as you all know th uk really has the spare cash at the moment to fork out for nother royal wedding becaue its us that will be paying for it... It has come to the time where we need to abolish the monarchy and start doing guided tours of the palace and stick a weatherspoons outside it . In a time where the country is like 4 trillion in debt according to a recent study its great to see we have our priorities in order

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Me too, but this will create a huge distraction for TPTB to continue raping us.

He is the Anti-Christ, so of course everybody will go ga-ga over this thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Gosh,I can not believe in the 21st century these people are still around.

What exactly is their purpose in life?

I look at every country that still has a royal family and realize that the people there must still have their collective heads up their butt.

Even this guy is weird.

Is he in the Navy or the Air Force?

He switches uniforms back and forth.

The "royal" family is not even really English.

They are from the German House of Hanover.

Which no longer exists because Germany got rid of their royals with the Kaiser.

This is a historical fact.

The Queens husband is Greek.

So this guy and his family are nothing more than poseurs.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm dreading to see what kind of tat they come up with to sell, if it is anything like the Olympics it'll all be made in China..

edit on 17/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
There will be thousands of hours dedicated to this wedding in the months to come. Each day, we'll see video of Kate Middleton walking to her car, walking back from her car, or coming out the front door or going in the front door.

There will be hours of speculation about her dress, which designer she'll choose and how her dress compares to Princess Diana's.

The world will be focused on this wedding in a way that will rival no other peice of news in the last three decades.

And I'm sick of it already.

Look, nobuddy cares about what that broad or her ding dong boyfriend are doin. I couldnt' care a less about some "royal' B.S. Like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Gosh,I can not believe in the 21st century these people are still around.

What exactly is their purpose in life?

I look at every country that still has a royal family and realize that the people there must still have their collective heads up their butt.

Even this guy is weird.

Is he in the Navy or the Air Force?

He switches uniforms back and forth.

The "royal" family is not even really English.

They are from the German House of Hanover.

Which no longer exists because Germany got rid of their royals with the Kaiser.

This is a historical fact.

The Queens husband is Greek.

So this guy and his family are nothing more than poseurs.

Yer sure right about everythings ya posted here, Bud.
Those "royal' creeps ain't nothing but a bunch of inbreeded losers sleepin with each other who think they can control the world or sumthing.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Quite happy to learn of Prince William's engagement. Feel confident the Royal Family's happy about his choice as his choice is happy that Prince William will soon become her Husband.
Best to both of them.

Decoy

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One of the biggest misapprehensions that Americans have about Brits is that they love the royal family.
I guess you can still find a few people from the older generations who care but to most of us they are a complete insignificance, their mainly kept around as a tourist attraction.

I was sick of it before it even started

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I was looking at Kate Middletons parents shop website and look what I found.

Ahhh, good times.

Edit: Hold on, I can word that better.....
Is the Queen and MI6 running a psy-ops campaign on the Middletons to help perpetuate the UFO hoax?

Better?

edit on 18-11-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well I guess I am the only romantic...

It is on the news over here in the US, but I just ignore it. What is the big deal? It's the media, they over do EVERYTHING.

They have been together on and off for years and yes people do follow it and because of who he is it WILL get lots of air time..

Why complain? Yeah it's annoying but it's how the media works isnt it? The non-important stuff gets all the limelight.

I hope they are happy and that they are ruined like Diana..I always liked her

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Stop complaining people it's all about "Bread and circuses".
It's either that or the forthcoming terrorist attacks in Europe.Something must atract the attention of the population from the real problems.
Last summer the ex-prince of Greece got married in a Greek island everyone's attention was there.If the world was coming to an end at that time they wouldn't care less.So you will have to put up with it.It will over eventually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join